NBC and Apple

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2014, 09:38 AM
NBC and Apple
What's the connection?

Their morning talk shows reference, almost exclusively, iPhones and iPads. Even Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, has a Mac Book prominently displayed on his desk.

With all their references to Apple products and product placement, I wonder if there is a contract between Apple and NBC.

Nothing to lose sleep over. Just one of those things that makes one go "Hmmmm".

Any thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2014, 09:42 AM
RE: NBC and Apple
I don't mind apple placed products every where because they look aesthetically pleasing, (even though I hate mactards).
Windows product placements always have this giant oversized windows logo on shit that looks retarded.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
31-01-2014, 09:54 AM
I don't watch much TV but I have noticed that sponsors are starting to permeate shows and are not restricted to actual ads anymore.

So, yeah, you are probably right.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
31-01-2014, 10:17 AM
(31-01-2014 09:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  I don't watch much TV but I have noticed that sponsors are starting to permeate shows and are not restricted to actual ads anymore.

So, yeah, you are probably right.

Makes sense to me.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
31-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Jimmy Fallon is to be the next host of the Tonight Show, replacing Jay Leno in a week. I'm curious if he's going to have the same product placement on his new Tonight Show desk. I'll be watching for it.
31-01-2014, 10:34 AM
(31-01-2014 10:28 AM)TheBear Wrote:  Jimmy Fallon is to be the next host of the Tonight Show, replacing Jay Leno in a week. I'm curious if he's going to have the same product placement on his new Tonight Show desk. I'll be watching for it.

Ok...I'm totally dating myself, I know. But I haven't watched more than 15 minutes of the Tonight Show since Leno took over.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-02-2014, 03:50 AM
Then how does MSNBC fit into all this?

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
01-02-2014, 08:03 AM
(01-02-2014 03:50 AM)Caveman Wrote:  Then how does MSNBC fit into all this?

You see, that's the brilliance of this whole thing. Microsoft gets NBC to do Apple placements on shows with boring twits like Fallon and on crappy news shows like Today; this creates a subliminal negative impression of Apple products and it's a win for Microsoft. Consider

Fuckin' brilliant! Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2014, 08:10 AM
(31-01-2014 10:34 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 10:28 AM)TheBear Wrote:  Jimmy Fallon is to be the next host of the Tonight Show, replacing Jay Leno in a week. I'm curious if he's going to have the same product placement on his new Tonight Show desk. I'll be watching for it.

Ok...I'm totally dating myself, I know. But I haven't watched more than 15 minutes of the Tonight Show since Leno took over.

I only watch Craig Ferguson .. sometimes. He has this new section where two "German" dudes tell each other really stupid sick jokes. It's better than his cussing rabbit used to be. Otherwise, nuthin on TV is worth it. SNL sucks this season. I don't even like Down Town Abbey this season. Up at school I had them disconnect our cable TV. If the cable companies don't come up with some sort of "cafeteria" plan soon, they are doomed, (I think).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post