NC Church Tries to Beat "Demons" Out of Gay Man

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2017, 12:19 AM
RE: NC Church Tries to Beat "Demons" Out of Gay Man
(05-06-2017 08:26 PM)Vera Wrote:  How do we hit reset on this whole humanity thing? Undecided

Stop voting republican?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Brian37's post
06-06-2017, 05:08 AM
(05-06-2017 10:45 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 09:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Well, ... so what happened ?
Did the demons "come out" ?
Facepalm

I think the demons reported the lady and her flock of sheep to the police.

for unlawful eviction?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
06-06-2017, 05:13 AM
I can't watch the video now, but did this man approach the church for "help", as some people do? I once read a blog post from an openly gay man, who was also very religious who was basically begging not to be gay, as he felt it's "a sin" and said he would "give anything" to "be normal", which is a damn shame that you'd have to feel that way.

Regardless of that, it's mind boggling in this day and age that something like this even happens. In what realm of thought do you beat another person, so stop them being who they are? It's crazy.

"Whatever you say, Stone Cold Steve Austin." - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
06-06-2017, 05:15 AM
I first read "NC" in the subject line as "Not Christlike." Angel
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
06-06-2017, 07:02 AM
(05-06-2017 05:27 PM)mordant Wrote:  Stop voting republican?

There are more things in heaven and earth, 'murricans, than are dreamt of in your limited view of the world (which exists *outside* the borders of 'murrica)

I would settle for not having had the Abrahamic monotheistic vileness inflicted on the world.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
06-06-2017, 07:55 AM
(06-06-2017 05:13 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I can't watch the video now, but did this man approach the church for "help", as some people do? I once read a blog post from an openly gay man, who was also very religious who was basically begging not to be gay, as he felt it's "a sin" and said he would "give anything" to "be normal", which is a damn shame that you'd have to feel that way.

Regardless of that, it's mind boggling in this day and age that something like this even happens. In what realm of thought do you beat another person, so stop them being who they are? It's crazy.

Apparently someone found out he was gay, and told the pastor, who then attacked him at the service-- verbally, at first, for over two hours, as the guy tried to flee the church and was prevented from doing so by church members. That's why she has kidnapping charges against her, as well as assault. Angry

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
06-06-2017, 07:59 AM
(06-06-2017 07:55 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 05:13 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I can't watch the video now, but did this man approach the church for "help", as some people do? I once read a blog post from an openly gay man, who was also very religious who was basically begging not to be gay, as he felt it's "a sin" and said he would "give anything" to "be normal", which is a damn shame that you'd have to feel that way.

Apparently someone found out he was gay, and told the pastor, who then attacked him at the service-- verbally, at first, for over two hours, as the guy tried to flee the church and was prevented from doing so by church members. That's why she has kidnapping charges against her, as well as assault. Angry
Gasp Bloody hell.

What a bunch of turd baskets. Why would you do that do a person?

"Whatever you say, Stone Cold Steve Austin." - Rick
06-06-2017, 08:14 AM
(06-06-2017 07:55 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  

This makes me sooooo angry. I hope they throw her ass in jail. Goddamn these people. What the hell do they care what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms. What does it matter who people love. What happened to "judge not... " Oh, And why is this woman speaking up in church. That atheist guy with the bible quote on his truck needs to park it outside their church with "hypocrite" also painted on his truck.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ible-Verse

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-06-2017, 08:26 AM
Seriously fucked up Angry
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
06-06-2017, 08:40 AM
(05-06-2017 08:12 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  They screamed at him for two hours, en masse, and physically prevented him from leaving as he tried to escape, then beat him to drive out the "demons of homosexuality". I wish I was kidding. Sad
The more charismatic / pentecostal-leaning compartments of fundamentalism are even more about groupthink and emotionally working people into a mob froth than religion is generally. I wasn't part of this kind of thing but had some contact with such folks. When you are convinced that X is evil and that all evil can be countered with "spiritual warfare" then you can easily see this sort of harassment as compassionate -- you are trying to "free" the person from a caul of blindness and bondage.

Of course, not incidentally, you are the heroic star of your own personal epic movie in the bargain.
[+] 3 users Like mordant's post