NC Church Tries to Beat "Demons" Out of Gay Man

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2017, 10:46 AM
RE: NC Church Tries to Beat "Demons" Out of Gay Man
(06-06-2017 07:55 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  ----
Apparently someone found out he was gay, and told the pastor, who then attacked him at the service-- verbally, at first, for over two hours, as the guy tried to flee the church and was prevented from doing so by church members. That's why she has kidnapping charges against her, as well as assault. Angry

Hmm ... a teensy bit more complicated, I'm sorry to say ...
Our Players
Brooke Covington ... Word of Faith Fellowship Pastor
Sarah Anderson ... Pastor's Top Flunky
Matthew Fenner ... The Unclean Homo

Quote:Some church members have referred to Sarah Anderson as Brooke's daughter. However, Anderson told jurors on Friday she has no biological ties to Covington, and that Covington was her guardian, and she lived in Covington's home with Matthew Fenner.

Inside the courtroom, Anderson told jurors she was "in authority over" Fenner. She explained that meant she was his guard at classes off the church campus, and he was to tell her if he had thoughts that were unclean, meaning sexual in nature, that went against the church's beliefs. She said she was to deal with or correct Fenner sharply about the sin.

Anderson admitted she'd gone to Covington that night in January 2013, after being corrected herself the week before the incident for not being more of an authority with Fenner.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first, we practice ... what we believe. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
06-06-2017, 11:10 AM
The thing that hurts so horribly ... this poor young man was so indoctrinated into this fucked up belief system, that he was literally prevented from even relating to his own sexuality!

That just fucking burns me. Angry

Churches are brainwashing centers run by money-grubbing identity thieves. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
06-06-2017, 11:16 AM
(06-06-2017 10:46 AM)kim Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 07:55 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  ----
Apparently someone found out he was gay, and told the pastor, who then attacked him at the service-- verbally, at first, for over two hours, as the guy tried to flee the church and was prevented from doing so by church members. That's why she has kidnapping charges against her, as well as assault. Angry

Hmm ... a teensy bit more complicated, I'm sorry to say ...
Our Players
Brooke Covington ... Word of Faith Fellowship Pastor
Sarah Anderson ... Pastor's Top Flunky
Matthew Fenner ... The Unclean Homo

Quote:Some church members have referred to Sarah Anderson as Brooke's daughter. However, Anderson told jurors on Friday she has no biological ties to Covington, and that Covington was her guardian, and she lived in Covington's home with Matthew Fenner.

Inside the courtroom, Anderson told jurors she was "in authority over" Fenner. She explained that meant she was his guard at classes off the church campus, and he was to tell her if he had thoughts that were unclean, meaning sexual in nature, that went against the church's beliefs. She said she was to deal with or correct Fenner sharply about the sin.

Anderson admitted she'd gone to Covington that night in January 2013, after being corrected herself the week before the incident for not being more of an authority with Fenner.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first, we practice ... what we believe. Wink
So this is probably at least soft-core charismatic as I suggested before, but also, with a generous dollop of Shepherding Movement thrown in. This concept of "accountability" comes from the notion that one avoids falling into sin or even just not being sufficiently diligent in one's faith, by some combination of giving some appointed "shepherd" otherwise impertinent visibility into your life and by "reporting" to them on a regular basis. It is rather like how there is pressure in authoritarian political regimes for people who would normally be supportive family members to rat each other out for real and imagined ideological impurities or unsavory behaviors.

The original shepherding movement concocted in the 1970s by Derek Prince and others, collapsed in scandal for obvious reasons but keeps cropping up here and there, like the undead. It has a sort of prurient appeal to some authoritarian church leaders because it gets around the niggling problem that members aren't always that "into" what you're offering ... they go through the motions but don't show up for every activity, don't show "enough" enthusiasm, don't give generously enough, and don't always live a "pure" enough life outside of church, at work, etc.

I know more about this than I want to because my former / late wife was involved in such a church years before she and I met, and the stories she would tell ... I mean, they would interrogate women to make sure they were having sex often and enthusiastically enough with their husbands, for instance. When stuff like that started going down, she left, and let her then-husband know that she was doing so with or without him.

It would seem that the "unclean homo" in this narrative had enough self-loathing and need to belong that he was willing to try and be group-deprogrammed and then things got out of hand -- there was, apparently, some sort of "intervention" concocted to confront him.
[+] 5 users Like mordant's post
06-06-2017, 11:22 AM
Well, that's the thing, isn't it, Kimmie? That's why I detest religion with every fibre of my being and then some. Because you end up believing you're broken and defective, an unworthy abomination, a wretched, wretched thing, that deserves everything bad that happens to it and must be grateful it wasn't worse. And the only way to be forgiven for your vile human nature, is to spend your life on your knees, hating yourself and the whole of humanity and begging the god-monster that supposedly created you to let you spend eternity telling it how great it is.

To hell with religion. Every last one of them. Or rather - to the ash heap of history where they are *all* headed. And not a moment too soon.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
06-06-2017, 02:36 PM
(05-06-2017 08:12 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  They screamed at him for two hours, en masse, and physically prevented him from leaving as he tried to escape, then beat him to drive out the "demons of homosexuality". I wish I was kidding. Sad

Shocking

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
06-06-2017, 03:59 PM
#ChristianLove

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
06-06-2017, 04:37 PM
NC Church Tries to Beat "Demons" Out of Gay Man
The only thing which horrifies me more is when parents withhold medical treatment and try to pray the disease away. Kids have died from treatable diseases like meningitis or diabetes. Then the parents act all grief-stricken as they tell the cops something inane like "It was god's will" or "Heaven needed another angel." Arrgghh! Don't get me started!
[+] 4 users Like Rachel's post
06-06-2017, 05:39 PM
Just what the fuck? Fucking bastards. This is the second story of church abuse I've read today; the other was that a jury awarded money to the late TBN foundress Jan Crouch's granddaughter, because Crouch was told by her granddaughter that a TBN volunteer raped her in 2006, and then never went to the police, choosing instead to protect her "ministry" instead of an innocent child.

(06-06-2017 05:15 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I first read "NC" in the subject line as "Not Christlike." Angel

Well, it's still accurate...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
06-06-2017, 05:43 PM
(06-06-2017 05:39 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Just what the fuck? Fucking bastards. This is the second story of church abuse I've read today; the other was that a jury awarded money to the late TBN foundress Jan Crouch's granddaughter, because Crouch was told by her granddaughter that a TBN volunteer raped her in 2006, and then never went to the police, choosing instead to protect her "ministry" instead of an innocent child.

(06-06-2017 05:15 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I first read "NC" in the subject line as "Not Christlike." Angel

Did you miss the story where Pedophile Duggar is suing everyone he can think of for leaking information that had been secreted by his family, church, and others? It's a banner week for this kind of crap.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment...-1.3225525

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-06-2017, 05:54 PM
(06-06-2017 05:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 05:39 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Just what the fuck? Fucking bastards. This is the second story of church abuse I've read today; the other was that a jury awarded money to the late TBN foundress Jan Crouch's granddaughter, because Crouch was told by her granddaughter that a TBN volunteer raped her in 2006, and then never went to the police, choosing instead to protect her "ministry" instead of an innocent child.

Did you miss the story where Pedophile Duggar is suing everyone he can think of for leaking information that had been secreted by his family, church, and others? It's a banner week for this kind of crap.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment...-1.3225525

...fucking damn it

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user