NC Church Tries to Beat "Demons" Out of Gay Man

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2017, 12:46 PM
RE: NC Church Tries to Beat "Demons" Out of Gay Man
Yeah, Rocket, the two years really made me go - I couldn't have read this right. Hell, they'll probably come out feeling like fucking martyrs for their fucking non-existent Christ.

Censored

Why I hate religion, you ask? Let me count the fucking ways! Censored

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
07-06-2017, 12:49 PM
(07-06-2017 12:10 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I'm from NC and this doesn't surprise me at all. I've seen the craziest shit in Pentecostal Holiness churches. People flopping around on the floor talking demon sounding garbage. Fuck that shit.

I know some gay people that go to church and I ask them why. I can't get a good answer out of them. How bizarre? I just don't understand.

I'm sort of glad that usually my area isn't doing this kind of shit (not yet, at least). But I've asked gay friends, too. All I ever get is, but God accepts love. To which I say, yeah, but your own church says you're horrible. Then I get some vague answer about God is love or that their fellow parishioners aren't that way...
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
07-06-2017, 12:54 PM
(07-06-2017 12:49 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 12:10 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I'm from NC and this doesn't surprise me at all. I've seen the craziest shit in Pentecostal Holiness churches. People flopping around on the floor talking demon sounding garbage. Fuck that shit.

I know some gay people that go to church and I ask them why. I can't get a good answer out of them. How bizarre? I just don't understand.

I'm sort of glad that usually my area isn't doing this kind of shit (not yet, at least). But I've asked gay friends, too. All I ever get is, but God accepts love. To which I say, yeah, but your own church says you're horrible. Then I get some vague answer about God is love or that their fellow parishioners aren't that way...

I've heard the God is love thing too. The problem is that the gay person gets depressed because they think they are displeasing God. They think something is wrong with them and that they are sinning. They live in misery instead of having a good life.

Fuck church, fuck God! Enjoy your life.
[+] 3 users Like KUSA's post
07-06-2017, 12:56 PM
(07-06-2017 12:54 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 12:49 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I'm sort of glad that usually my area isn't doing this kind of shit (not yet, at least). But I've asked gay friends, too. All I ever get is, but God accepts love. To which I say, yeah, but your own church says you're horrible. Then I get some vague answer about God is love or that their fellow parishioners aren't that way...

I've heard the God is love thing too. The problem is that the gay person gets depressed because they think they are displeasing God. They think something is wrong with them and that they are sinning. They live in misery instead of having a good life.

Damn straight! no- gay... wait... what?
[+] 5 users Like Emma's post
07-06-2017, 12:59 PM
(07-06-2017 12:54 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I've heard the God is love thing too. The problem is that the gay person gets depressed because they think they are displeasing God. They think something is wrong with them and that they are sinning. They live in misery instead of having a good life.

One thing that bothers me is that I live almost in the midpoint of NC State University, Duke, and UNC. (For others, that's "State," Duke, and "Carolina.") You'd think that being right here with all these technological, medical, and scientific areas (including RDU), that we'd be a bit more past this era of beating out all those gay demons or superstition.

Humans have so far to go, and I'm convinced this kind of shit won't end in my lifetime or any generation soon.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
07-06-2017, 02:53 PM
its amazing to me that people believe this today. but we have very stupid rules that don't have anything to do with religion also.
07-06-2017, 03:57 PM
(07-06-2017 12:02 PM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 04:37 PM)Rachel Wrote:  The only thing which horrifies me more is when parents withhold medical treatment and try to pray the disease away. Kids have died from treatable diseases like meningitis or diabetes. Then the parents act all grief-stricken as they tell the cops something inane like "It was god's will" or "Heaven needed another angel." Arrgghh! Don't get me started!

There was just a thread about yet another "faith healing" couple that had a premature newborn die because of lack of medical care. At least in this particular case (Oregan, I think) they are being charged with murder, although I suspect a plea to a lesser charge is probably in the works. Amazingly, the degenerate mom's sister and BIL are already serving a 6 year prison term for letting their infant child pass just hours after birth.

Beat_stickFrusty

Idaho is the worst state for what is called faith-based medical neglect. Here is a link to a story I posted on the Amazon Atheist Forum last year.

https://m.boiseweekly.com/boise/idahos-f...lText=true
08-06-2017, 03:42 AM
(07-06-2017 03:57 PM)Rachel Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 12:02 PM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  There was just a thread about yet another "faith healing" couple that had a premature newborn die because of lack of medical care. At least in this particular case (Oregan, I think) they are being charged with murder, although I suspect a plea to a lesser charge is probably in the works. Amazingly, the degenerate mom's sister and BIL are already serving a 6 year prison term for letting their infant child pass just hours after birth.

Beat_stickFrusty

Idaho is the worst state for what is called faith-based medical neglect. Here is a link to a story I posted on the Amazon Atheist Forum last year.

let natural selection do its work.
08-06-2017, 05:01 AM
(05-06-2017 08:12 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  They screamed at him for two hours, en masse, and physically prevented him from leaving as he tried to escape, then beat him to drive out the "demons of homosexuality". I wish I was kidding. Sad

> “Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” (Steven Weinberg)
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
08-06-2017, 08:59 AM
(08-06-2017 03:42 AM)AB517 Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 03:57 PM)Rachel Wrote:  Idaho is the worst state for what is called faith-based medical neglect. Here is a link to a story I posted on the Amazon Atheist Forum last year.

let natural selection do its work.

Unfortunately, they breed faster than they kill. The next result is still evolutionary fitness, with a lot of innocent children as victims in the process. Putting the parents in prison would be a better outcome, in terms of Selection, albeit Artificial.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post