NDAA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2012, 03:51 PM
RE: NDAA
Don't get me wrong, I understand that the threat of global nuclear war was a real and powerful threat. But I just don't think it had to be. The world indeed breathed a sigh of relief when the Berlin wall came down. Terrorism is also a real threat. But I just don't think that stripping civil liberties is the proper way to fight it. There has to be a better way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2012, 04:59 PM
(03-01-2012 03:43 PM)Infidel Wrote:  I guess that is one way we can fight kineo. ...

Why are we going to fight kineo?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2012, 05:22 PM
(03-01-2012 04:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 03:43 PM)Infidel Wrote:  I guess that is one way we can fight kineo. ...

Why are we going to fight kineo?

Because there can be only one. Duh.
03-01-2012, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 05:28 PM by Infidel.)
I am not for the stripping away any of our freedom either, I am for the gaining even more

[Image: Ronnie%252520Knows.jpg]

(03-01-2012 04:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why are we going to fight kineo?
Thanks for pointing out that error in grammar.
The Berlin Wall Falls: with The Scorpions "Winds of Change"

We got this!

Something, Or Someone Is Really Out There!
03-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Fight! Fight!! FIGHT!!!

Whom?
We'll point - you just shut up and fight.

Why?
Coz Infidel and Joe McCarthy - American Hero and Patriot ... "one of the strongest pro-American figures in the history of the United States"... are still fighting the cold war that Truman
started and Gorbachev ended.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
03-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Why is it every time a bill is passed for X reason people freak out and say, BUT IT COULD BE USED FOR REASON A B or C!

I am fucking worried that you take everything in your normal days like this:

Knives for home dinette sets: They could be used to kill people! Take it off the shelf!
Tanks, guns, bombs for our defense: They could be used against us!
Vehicles for your leisure: They could be used as car bombs!

I got it, let's change the bill so it's more fitting.

NDAA: Except white people.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes NotSoVacuous's post
03-01-2012, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 07:53 PM by Infidel.)
Yes, we fight, fight, fight. You got it Peterkin. Yes, Gorbachev was a very big part of that. I agree with that. The winds of change moved even him! The winds of change moved the whole world. I would love to see wind like that again Smile

As far as NDAA goes, I just am not trembling in my shoes over here, worrying about it. If the government starts abusing the law we will handle it at that time. At least that is the way I feel about it. We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

(03-01-2012 05:22 PM)kineo Wrote:  Because there can be only one. Duh.
No, I am not trying to start a war with kineo.

03-01-2012, 09:26 PM
(03-01-2012 07:09 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  Why is it every time a bill is passed for X reason people freak out and say, BUT IT COULD BE USED FOR REASON A B or C!

I am fucking worried that you take everything in your normal days like this:

Knives for home dinette sets: They could be used to kill people! Take it off the shelf!
Tanks, guns, bombs for our defense: They could be used against us!
Vehicles for your leisure: They could be used as car bombs!

I got it, let's change the bill so it's more fitting.

NDAA: Except white people.

Yeah some people freak out over nothing, but suspension of civil liberties is not "nothing".

From the ACLU: "It contains a sweeping worldwide indefinite detention provision. And it has no time or geographic limits. It can be used by this and future presidents to militarily detain people captured far from any battlefield."

I am not alright with that.

(03-01-2012 07:39 PM)Infidel Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 05:22 PM)kineo Wrote:  Because there can be only one. Duh.
No, I am not trying to start a war with kineo.

Aww... but still... there can really be only one.

[Image: Highlander.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
03-01-2012, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 09:58 PM by Infidel.)
Angry Now I see how you are! And I guess you think that will be you? Angel

I never thought Obama had it in him. He is striking fear into the hearts of all terrorists in order to allow us much more freedom. I hate terrorists, they should be afraid! But he needs to be very careful not to get any innocent victims. Did you see how those Navy Seals shot Osama right in the eye? COOL! Fighting fire with fire is often the only option in putting out a forest fire.

03-01-2012, 10:03 PM
(03-01-2012 09:45 PM)Infidel Wrote:  Angry Now I see how you are! And I guess you think that will be you? Angel

I never thought Obama had it in him. He is striking fear into the hearts of all terrorists in order to allow us much more freedom. I hate terrorists, they should be afraid! But he needs to be very careful not to get any innocent victims. Did you see how those Navy Seals shot Osama right in the eye? COOL! Fighting fire with fire is often the only option in putting out a forest fire.

Nah, I would probably be out of breath after swinging a sword only a couple of times. Big Grin I doubt I could win, let alone manage movie-poster epic-ness.