NDE & Hell & Fear

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2015, 03:29 PM
NDE & Hell & Fear
Hello, i know that there are some other threads about NDE's in here, but i wanted to make a discussion about the hellish NDE's and fears about them.

Just searching Hell NDE from youtube and there are hundreds of videos and stories about being in hell.

It gives me really bad anxiety and anguish even that i have studied a lot about the origins of the religions and the only conclusion i can come about them is that they are just myths and stories.

But i just can't get over these NDE's even that there are a lot of studies to prove them to be just dreams and hallucinations but i still just can't get over it..
I feel like i can't eat or sleep, i just feel like they're real and it's what will happen to me.

Are there anyone else in here who worries about these things?

Please help. Sadcryface
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gerro's post
11-04-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: NDE & Hell & Fear
Hi there!

Why in particular do you think you will have such a near death experience? And even if, so what, if you survive it's just an unpleasant memory.

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
11-04-2015, 04:47 PM
(11-04-2015 03:29 PM)Gerro Wrote:  Hello, i know that there are some other threads about NDE's in here, but i wanted to make a discussion about the hellish NDE's and fears about them.

Just searching Hell NDE from youtube and there are hundreds of videos and stories about being in hell.

It gives me really bad anxiety and anguish even that i have studied a lot about the origins of the religions and the only conclusion i can come about them is that they are just myths and stories.

But i just can't get over these NDE's even that there are a lot of studies to prove them to be just dreams and hallucinations but i still just can't get over it..
I feel like i can't eat or sleep, i just feel like they're real and it's what will happen to me.

Are there anyone else in here who worries about these things?

Please help. Sadcryface

Welcome.

NDE are tightly wrapped up in whatever you believe. People despite what they might assert later, usually awaken from a NDE with something already close to what they believe (speaking of religious people)

If you worry that you're not exactly a good enough person based on what you've already were told to believe its highly likely that you'll have a NDE involving hell. Many people have the bright light thing haopen to them..seeing long lost family....some claim their whole lives flashed before their eyes.

It's psychology and neurology.

I knew one person who claimed they were battling zombies or some such after a bad car accident. They were totally into old horror movies, and had just watched Night of the Living Dead.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-04-2015, 04:49 PM
What is it you fear, exactly? Having an NDE or believing that what you experience in an NDE is reality?Consider

Do you believe in heaven and hell?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2015, 04:57 PM
(11-04-2015 04:46 PM)Alex K Wrote:  Hi there!

Why in particular do you think you will have such a near death experience? And even if, so what, if you survive it's just an unpleasant memory.

I'm sorry for not being complete clear in my message, what i mean is that i believe and fear that it's real and i'm going to hell for choosing wrong or not living right.
And all the horrors they've seen in their NDE's would happen to me for all eternity.

Even that i know that consciousness is created by the brain and when damaging the brain or when the physical brain dies your consciousness will vanish.

But somehow i havent been able to get over the NDE's. Why do people see religious figures, why do people see hell, why do people see their dead relatives "welcoming" them to the otherside, i also know about weird NDE's that don't make any sense and christians turning muslims after NDE, muslims turning hindu's after NDE's all the way around.

NDE's are just a really hard concept for me to grasp and it gives me anxiety and fear. I'm just looking and asking how other atheists react to it and if they have any fears about them. I'm sorry if i don't make much sense..
11-04-2015, 05:02 PM
No, now it makes more sense.

I don't fear any of that because, as you say, when we die our consciousness goes away. People with NDEs have had bad dreams, more or less. It's only logical that they would involve fears and beliefs of the person in question. Nothing I waste much time on thinking about. There are more real sorrows to worry about, I don't need Dante's inferno on top of that, or any other fictitious afterlife stories.

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
11-04-2015, 05:07 PM
(11-04-2015 04:57 PM)Gerro Wrote:  

I'm sorry for not being complete clear in my message, what i mean is that i believe and fear that it's real and i'm going to hell for choosing wrong or not living right.
And all the horrors they've seen in their NDE's would happen to me for all eternity.

Even that i know that consciousness is created by the brain and when damaging the brain or when the physical brain dies your consciousness will vanish.

But somehow i havent been able to get over the NDE's. Why do people see religious figures, why do people see hell, why do people see their dead relatives "welcoming" them to the otherside, i also know about weird NDE's that don't make any sense and christians turning muslims after NDE, muslims turning hindu's after NDE's all the way around.

NDE's are just a really hard concept for me to grasp and it gives me anxiety and fear. I'm just looking and asking how other atheists react to it and if they have any fears about them. I'm sorry if i don't make much sense..

Hell doesn't exist. Why do you think it does? Think about how absolutely preposterous that paradigm is. Look at my attachment and you'll see the place doesn't exist. Just about everyone is fearful of the unknown, you're not alone. But worrying about something that was invented by humans and was a result of poor translations and control is just wasteful. You get one life, and that is for certain. Enjoy it, don't waste it worrying about myths.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like WillHopp's post
11-04-2015, 05:07 PM
They're not real.
It's the effects of oxygen deprivation on the brain.
As far as I know, no one has been able to determine when the NDE occurs. Was it while unconscious but before death (a dream), or after death?
There has never been any definative evidence that anything at all happens after we die.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
11-04-2015, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 05:11 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(11-04-2015 04:57 PM)Gerro Wrote:  

NDE are in line with whatever you already believe. It's your brain's way of handling trauma. Period. There is no clear evidence that they occur just before or after the heart stops or how long the heart must stopped for oxygen to be interrupted to the brain to trigger it.

An atheists NDE could be completely different than someone else's. Just like people routinely have different accounts and some are completely MADE UP because they just sound good.

Many people have reported only seeing a flash of light and nothing else. Others have felt like they were flying -- but no angels or other crap.

People with a book to sell or a video to "like, subscribe and share" have way better ones.

Wonder why that is? Consider

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-04-2015, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the answers, this actually helped me a lot, it brought me back to my senses.

You are all very good people! Thanks again!
[+] 2 users Like Gerro's post