NDE explaned by science. (+Sleep Paralysis)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-01-2013, 11:53 PM
RE: NDE explaned by science. (+Sleep Paralysis)
Confused Robbie Coltrane?

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Re: NDE explaned by science. (+Sleep Paralysis)
there are two doctors making the you tube and book tour stating they used to not believe in NDE. Also felt there were physical reasons for the sensations and experiences. But they've more both had a NDE experience and now believe in the NDE.

On a personal note, if your interested, I can tell you of the passing of my wife and what she experienced?
15-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Two scientists changing their mind isn't evidence, and their experience is still subjective. Just because they're scientists doesn't make them totally immune to woo and/or wishful thinking.

And I may as well mention, once more, that I've had "near death experiences" complete with auditory and visual hallucinations (lights, tunnels, and voices), and I'm still convinced it was because my brain and body weren't functioning correctly (and because I was in the hospital on a lot of drugs).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
15-01-2013, 06:33 PM
NDE's are outside of the realm of observational and experimental science because the only evidence we (can) have of them are anecdotal accounts that fall into the same category as claims of alien abductions, sightings of Nessie and Bigfoot - things like that.

It's the very reason that I personally don't care about them all that much until I have experienced it myself.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
15-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Yes, but the idea is more persistent because more people want life after death to be real than there are people who want nessie or bigfoot to exist.

I just think it's curious that, under other circumstances, people accept their senses can deceive them (such as when you're on drugs, or half asleep). But as soon as life after death comes into the picture, no one questions their senses, they accept their "evidence" at face value because they want to believe it.
15-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Speaking of Sleep Paralysis.
One of the sergeants in my base had experienced it, and insists that he witnessed a demon pushing down on him (so he couldn't move). I've explained it to him just what happened, and he understood, but he still insists that whatever he saw WAS real (probably because he's scared as fuck).
Other people go along with it and say to him that it probably happened to him because he did something bad, and some other guy was filling his mind with bullshit when he tried to "clear his energies" with his crystals.
I told them that that very scene, of them just standing them and talking irrationally, scared me more than the sergeant's SP experience does.
15-01-2013, 11:35 PM
(15-01-2013 06:33 PM)Vosur Wrote:  NDE's are outside of the realm of observational and experimental science because the only evidence we (can) have of them are anecdotal accounts that fall into the same category as claims of alien abductions, sightings of Nessie and Bigfoot - things like that.

It's the very reason that I personally don't care about them all that much until I have experienced it myself.
Well they can be artificially induced by stimulation of a specific area of the brain... So I wouldn't say completely out of the realm of science.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

16-01-2013, 09:07 AM
Re: NDE explaned by science. (+Sleep Paralysis)
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=xYZoX4N5_...YZoX4N5_YQ

Eben Alexander interview,
17-01-2013, 09:43 PM
(16-01-2013 09:07 AM)mawil1013 Wrote:  http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=xYZoX4N5_...YZoX4N5_YQ

I'm sure you can find stuff on youtube from people that believe in fairies, unicorns, and dragons, too, but personal beliefs aren't the same as verifiable evidence. Personal experiences can be very convincing to those who want to believe in them.
18-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Re: RE: NDE explaned by science. (+Sleep Paralysis)
(17-01-2013 09:43 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(16-01-2013 09:07 AM)mawil1013 Wrote:  http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=xYZoX4N5_...YZoX4N5_YQ

I'm sure you can find stuff on youtube from people that believe in fairies, unicorns, and dragons, too, but personal beliefs aren't the same as verifiable evidence. Personal experiences can be very convincing to those who want to believe in them.
Did you view it? Did you research the doctor?
Do an Amazon search on the man's name, he is a renowned neurosurgeon who's written medical journal's and is acknowledged in the medical community. But yeah, just another YouTube jerk wad. LOL He has more knowledge of the brain in one pinky finger than the combined knowledge of 99 % of the rest of humanity. He has money, he has recognition in his career.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What Science Course(s) Should I Go Into? Cyvas 31 471 Today 07:24 AM
Last Post: Logisch
  Use of the word "science" undergroundp 16 221 05-07-2014 10:53 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Is science in the United States getting worst? Metazoa Zeke 7 148 04-07-2014 08:51 PM
Last Post: Rinpoche
  Youtube and Science vs. Creationism cre8ivmind 5 127 17-06-2014 01:59 PM
Last Post: dancefortwo
  Do we sometimes go too far in Science? JDog554 51 528 04-06-2014 07:26 PM
Last Post: Shadow Fox
  The elegant nature of science TheBeardedDude 569 32,730 31-05-2014 10:36 PM
Last Post: CindysRain
  Feline Science - by Full Circle Full Circle 23 1,030 14-05-2014 04:49 PM
Last Post: Bows and Arrows