NDE's are complete.................. BULLSHIT!
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
21-09-2014, 05:15 AM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2014 03:10 AM by Ace.)
NDE's are complete.................. BULLSHIT!
finding a penn & teller episode automatically makes me wanna type the word bullshit for some reason, is there an explanation my conditioning to type that ? Consider

part 1




part 2, skip to 6:10, the stuff before that is ouija boards (magic spirit cardboard thingys)




part 3




finding a penn & teller episode on something is almost like an official certificate of proof of being bullshit for that topic
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
21-09-2014, 12:36 PM
RE: NDE's are complete.................. BULLSHIT!
Where's part 1?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2014, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2014 12:51 PM by phild249.)
RE: NDE's are complete.................. BULLSHIT!
Thinking that NDE;s can be explained by a short bursts of life left in the dying brain is an incredible assumption,any activity would show no more than a few random colours and sounds simular to taking acid.NDE experiencers however claim the the experiences are vivid and have more clarity than anything ordinary life as ever shown .What are the odds of two people having the same experience if it’s a delusional dream, that in itself would be a phenomenonal occurrence,let alone thousands of people for hundreds of years experiencing this.To say its down to the dying brain is like smashing a stereo radio with a sledge hammer and being treated to the whole of Shakespeares plays narrated by Sir David Attenborough in its dying throes,due to the fact having some life still left in the batteries, as if......
And why with near death visions always people talk to and see already passed relatives if it’s the brain dying the delusion would something lodged in the memory like a scene Downton Abby
or anything else
.People who say lets face facts,about that human consciousness survival isn’t possible say this because they don’t actually know any facts ,other than a quick disbelief and it seems unlikely to me so I’ll say its nonsense .
I am sure 250 years ago a sailor on the HMS Endeavour would have refuted the possibility of talking into a little box while docked in England and speaking instantly to someone in the new world of Australia would have also faced the facts that it is impossible ,yet in the modern world more than half the World carry a box and take for granted such things.

Dawkins view of conciousness origin is nothing more than guesswork and as no real basis’
Actual scientists, Physicists, and neurosurgeons admit they do not know or what consciousness is for sure or where it originated from ,let alone from the theorisation of a commercial writer.
More practical information would gathered from authors who have actual experience
in such matters such ac Bran Weiss psychiatrist , Eben Alexander Neurosurgeon,
both previously avid atheists.

Sir William Crooks Chemist and physicist also set to prove the non reality of such things
and spent twenty years of research,into late Victorian era aiming to discredit mediums etc,
Crookes carried out very demanding tests under extremely stringent conditions.
Being conscientious and true scientist Crookes submitted his finding as he found them,unfortunatly it was not what the scientific world wish to hear,finding some fakery but overall much genuine reality in his studies.
However because this was not the expected results they were hoping for he was ostracised and frowned upon by the great unlearned fact knowing scientist as he would be today.
Why they encouraged him in the first place to take up the experiments if the verdict was predefined anyway is a typical example that is still extant today.

As for people having the experiences on pilot training its not surprising as the body is experiencing its belief that it is near death,Penn & Teller offer no explanation as to why a person can see their own body from outside when experiencing a NDE .
This test if anything confirms the existence of the nde not disproves it,all trainees having the same delusions wow........
If out to make a buck from this its definitely penn &Teller
They way they spout their ignorance as facts is incredible ,look learn before you claim to know something , That none us do for sure
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2014, 12:51 PM
RE: NDE's are complete.................. BULLSHIT!
Whoa careful now... you might summon the quackery of crazy ed with the talk of NDE.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2014, 01:09 PM
RE: NDE's are complete.................. BULLSHIT!
(21-09-2014 12:47 PM)phild249 Wrote:  Thinking that NDE;s can be explained by a short bursts of life left in the dying brain is an incredible assumption,any activity would show no more than a few random colours and sounds simular to taking acid.

So you counter it with your own incredible assumption? Consider

Quote:NDE experiencers however claim the the experiences are vivid and have more clarity than anything ordinary life as ever shown .What are the odds of two people having the same experience if it’s a delusional dream, that in itself would be a phenomenonal occurrence,let alone thousands of people for hundreds of years experiencing this.

Those 'same experiences' are largely culturally dependent. People in different cultures have 'experiences' that are similar to others in their culture.

Quote:To say its down to the dying brain is like smashing a stereo radio with a sledge hammer and being treated to the whole of Shakespeares plays narrated by Sir David Attenborough in its dying throes,due to the fact having some life still left in the batteries, as if......

Except the only reports of NDEs are from people who didn't actually die. So their radios weren't smashed nor their batteries drained.

Quote:And why with near death visions always people talk to and see already passed relatives if it’s the brain dying the delusion would something lodged in the memory like a scene Downton Abby
or anything else

But they don't all see dead relatives.

Quote:.People who say lets face facts,about that human consciousness survival isn’t possible say this because they don’t actually know any facts ,other than a quick disbelief and it seems unlikely to me so I’ll say its nonsense .

No, we say that because the evidence all says that the mind is brain-based. There is nowhere for consciousness to exist without a brain.

Quote: I am sure 250 years ago a sailor on the HMS Endeavour would have refuted the possibility of talking into a little box while docked in England and speaking instantly to someone in the new world of Australia would have also faced the facts that it is impossible ,yet in the modern world more than half the World carry a box and take for granted such things.

Lousy analogy is lousy.

Quote:Dawkins view of conciousness origin is nothing more than guesswork and as no real basis’

No, it's based on actual research, unlike your ravings.

Quote:Actual scientists, Physicists, and neurosurgeons admit they do not know or what consciousness is for sure or where it originated from ,let alone from the theorisation of a commercial writer.

Dawkins is an actual scientist.

Quote: More practical information would gathered from authors who have actual experience
in such matters such ac Bran Weiss psychiatrist , Eben Alexander Neurosurgeon,
both previously avid atheists.

Sir William Crooks Chemist and physicist also set to prove the non reality of such things
and spent twenty years of research,into late Victorian era aiming to discredit mediums etc,
Crookes carried out very demanding tests under extremely stringent conditions.

Crookes was repeatedly fooled by mediums.

Quote:Being conscientious and true scientist Crookes submitted his finding as he found them,unfortunatly it was not what the scientific world wish to hear,finding some fakery but overall much genuine reality in his studies.

No, his 'findings' were methodologically flawed and biased.

Quote:However because this was not the expected results they were hoping for he was ostracised and frowned upon by the great unlearned fact knowing scientist as he would be today.
Why they encouraged him in the first place to take up the experiments if the verdict was predefined anyway is a typical example that is still extant today.

He undertook spiritualism on his own, without prompting.

Quote:As for people having the experiences on pilot training its not surprising as the body is experiencing its belief that it is near death,Penn & Teller offer no explanation as to why a person can see their own body from outside when experiencing a NDE .
This test if anything confirms the existence of the nde not disproves it,all trainees having the same delusions wow........

The brain is experiencing oxygen deprivation.

Quote:If out to make a buck from this its definitely penn &Teller
They way they spout their ignorance as facts is incredible ,look learn before you claim to know something , That none us do for sure

They are far less ignorant than you appear to be.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Chas's post
21-09-2014, 01:09 PM
RE: NDE's are complete.................. BULLSHIT!
(21-09-2014 12:47 PM)phild249 Wrote:  Thinking that NDE;s can be explained by a short bursts of life left in the dying brain is an incredible assumption,any activity would show no more than a few random colours and sounds simular to taking acid.NDE experiencers however claim the the experiences are vivid and have more clarity than anything ordinary life as ever shown .What are the odds of two people having the same experience if it’s a delusional dream, that in itself would be a phenomenonal occurrence,let alone thousands of people for hundreds of years experiencing this.To say its down to the dying brain is like smashing a stereo radio with a sledge hammer and being treated to the whole of Shakespeares plays narrated by Sir David Attenborough in its dying throes,due to the fact having some life still left in the batteries, as if......
And why with near death visions always people talk to and see already passed relatives if it’s the brain dying the delusion would something lodged in the memory like a scene Downton Abby
or anything else
.People who say lets face facts,about that human consciousness survival isn’t possible say this because they don’t actually know any facts ,other than a quick disbelief and it seems unlikely to me so I’ll say its nonsense .
I am sure 250 years ago a sailor on the HMS Endeavour would have refuted the possibility of talking into a little box while docked in England and speaking instantly to someone in the new world of Australia would have also faced the facts that it is impossible ,yet in the modern world more than half the World carry a box and take for granted such things.

Dawkins view of conciousness origin is nothing more than guesswork and as no real basis’
Actual scientists, Physicists, and neurosurgeons admit they do not know or what consciousness is for sure or where it originated from ,let alone from the theorisation of a commercial writer.
More practical information would gathered from authors who have actual experience
in such matters such ac Bran Weiss psychiatrist , Eben Alexander Neurosurgeon,
both previously avid atheists.

Sir William Crooks Chemist and physicist also set to prove the non reality of such things
and spent twenty years of research,into late Victorian era aiming to discredit mediums etc,
Crookes carried out very demanding tests under extremely stringent conditions.
Being conscientious and true scientist Crookes submitted his finding as he found them,unfortunatly it was not what the scientific world wish to hear,finding some fakery but overall much genuine reality in his studies.
However because this was not the expected results they were hoping for he was ostracised and frowned upon by the great unlearned fact knowing scientist as he would be today.
Why they encouraged him in the first place to take up the experiments if the verdict was predefined anyway is a typical example that is still extant today.

As for people having the experiences on pilot training its not surprising as the body is experiencing its belief that it is near death,Penn & Teller offer no explanation as to why a person can see their own body from outside when experiencing a NDE .
This test if anything confirms the existence of the nde not disproves it,all trainees having the same delusions wow........
If out to make a buck from this its definitely penn &Teller
They way they spout their ignorance as facts is incredible ,look learn before you claim to know something , That none us do for sure

I like Houdini's quote about William Crookes: There is not the slightest doubt in my mind that this brainy man was hoodwinked, and that his confidence was betrayed by the so-called mediums that he tested. His powers of observation were blinded and his reasoning faculties so blunted by his prejudice in favor of anything psychic or occult that he could not, or would not, resist the influence.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
21-09-2014, 01:41 PM
RE: NDE's are complete.................. BULLSHIT!
(21-09-2014 12:47 PM)phild249 Wrote:  Thinking that NDE;s can be explained by a short bursts of life left in the dying brain is an incredible assumption,any activity would show no more than a few random colours and sounds simular to taking acid.NDE experiencers however claim the the experiences are vivid and have more clarity than anything ordinary life as ever shown .What are the odds of two people having the same experience if it’s a delusional dream, that in itself would be a phenomenonal occurrence,let alone thousands of people for hundreds of years experiencing this.To say its down to the dying brain is like smashing a stereo radio with a sledge hammer and being treated to the whole of Shakespeares plays narrated by Sir David Attenborough in its dying throes,due to the fact having some life still left in the batteries, as if......
And why with near death visions always people talk to and see already passed relatives if it’s the brain dying the delusion would something lodged in the memory like a scene Downton Abby
or anything else
.People who say lets face facts,about that human consciousness survival isn’t possible say this because they don’t actually know any facts ,other than a quick disbelief and it seems unlikely to me so I’ll say its nonsense .
I am sure 250 years ago a sailor on the HMS Endeavour would have refuted the possibility of talking into a little box while docked in England and speaking instantly to someone in the new world of Australia would have also faced the facts that it is impossible ,yet in the modern world more than half the World carry a box and take for granted such things.

Dawkins view of conciousness origin is nothing more than guesswork and as no real basis’
Actual scientists, Physicists, and neurosurgeons admit they do not know or what consciousness is for sure or where it originated from ,let alone from the theorisation of a commercial writer.
More practical information would gathered from authors who have actual experience
in such matters such ac Bran Weiss psychiatrist , Eben Alexander Neurosurgeon,
both previously avid atheists.

Sir William Crooks Chemist and physicist also set to prove the non reality of such things
and spent twenty years of research,into late Victorian era aiming to discredit mediums etc,
Crookes carried out very demanding tests under extremely stringent conditions.
Being conscientious and true scientist Crookes submitted his finding as he found them,unfortunatly it was not what the scientific world wish to hear,finding some fakery but overall much genuine reality in his studies.
However because this was not the expected results they were hoping for he was ostracised and frowned upon by the great unlearned fact knowing scientist as he would be today.
Why they encouraged him in the first place to take up the experiments if the verdict was predefined anyway is a typical example that is still extant today.

As for people having the experiences on pilot training its not surprising as the body is experiencing its belief that it is near death,Penn & Teller offer no explanation as to why a person can see their own body from outside when experiencing a NDE .
This test if anything confirms the existence of the nde not disproves it,all trainees having the same delusions wow........
If out to make a buck from this its definitely penn &Teller
They way they spout their ignorance as facts is incredible ,look learn before you claim to know something , That none us do for sure

NDE's have been explained by science. Rats have NDE's. They have nothing to do with Jebus.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/08/...xperiences

Whatever that gobeldy gook is you think you wrote, all I can say is :

Festoon your quagmire. Within the indigenous parapets can be found novels and other grapes of paint. There is no caveat to the Klein bottle, and there will be no gold watch for the unspoken zero. Gobble the fertile gravel.

Focus your nose on the test tube. Stay succulently upon your velodrome and fear not the coming of the essential kangaroo. Strawberries are your incidental chemistry. Present the fulcrum in advance of the gypsum cookie, for as the tree is combed, so goes the predicate. Expand quietly but do not relish.

Whether or not you agree with the plumber, harvest away ye hearties. Kalabash in Friebourg but not in spanners while it's raining. Bring out the mustard but flap flap flap until takeoff. Why would you say such a thing in the presence of the substrate? 64. 1112. Welcome to the new sandwich lumberyard. Bus stops follow movement, or do they?

The impediment to your posterior is large but can be dissected with chestnuts. Obermeyer. Glasnost and shallot cookies will do the main job when a steamshovel is too distant for pomegranate.

Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-09-2014, 03:37 PM
RE: NDE's are complete.................. BULLSHIT!
I thought NDE have been tested by scientists and replicated through drugs proving that they are just a chemical reaction to the brain dying?

People still going on about them being real? How strange.


My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
21-09-2014, 03:39 PM
RE: NDE's are complete.................. BULLSHIT!
Humans are natural trolls. Our brains love to play tricks on us.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2014, 03:53 PM
RE: NDE's are complete.................. BULLSHIT!
(21-09-2014 03:37 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I thought NDE have been tested by scientists and replicated through drugs proving that they are just a chemical reaction to the brain dying?

People still going on about them being real? How strange.

Ignoring facts is a thing humans are good at.

(21-09-2014 03:39 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Humans are natural trolls. Our brains love to play tricks on us.

I don't think so... 'Troll' generally means one who performs acts with malicious intent, I don't think most are doing it maliciously, certainly not our brain.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply
Forum Jump: