NDE's are complete.................. BULLSHIT!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2014, 09:15 PM
RE: NDE's are complete.................. BULLSHIT!
(22-09-2014 04:48 PM)phild249 Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 04:31 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Good to know that you're not only ignorant and incoherent, but also intellectually dishonest. Thumbsup
Explain what you mean by intellectually dishonest ,Arshole
and if you mean by ignorant that I do abide by unproven possible facts like you and spout everything I read like you ,your probably correct .you make negative claims about near-death experiences but do not apply your own critical analysis equally to your own criticism.

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/skeptic09.html

Are you even speaking a fucking language? Holy shit... you might be an interesting troll, even with the lying and intellectually vapid positions, if you could learn how to communicate with something other then a fucking sofa.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2014, 01:44 AM
(22-09-2014 04:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 10:43 AM)phild249 Wrote:  Ref: Beano box pic
Oh I see you have been prescribed a box ,obviously you haven’t started the coarse yet.

You are very strange. Drinking Beverage
First of all I do apologise for saying no one sent any links,I didn’t see them before I spoke ,so yes you are correct.
The thing is all this evidence only shows there is still activity in the brain.
It shows reason no why thousands of people should have the same experience or illusion if you like.
I mean when people are asleep when there is supposedly, I would suspect, much more activity in the brain than flatlining on the operating table, why these people should have remarkably and consistent experiences ,paralleling accident or nearly murdered victims.
Sleepers dreaming are not likely to have the same dreams as any other sleeper,just random bits and pieces or at least that’s all that can be recalled,but no similarity to any other sleeper, and just usually non sensical experinces.
However NDE ,I will call neardeath experiencer for arguments sake,although they aren’t actually quite dead.
I mean why with extreme clarity would the proven out of body experience,the feeling of extreme well being, the light, the complete life recall,the meeting relatives ( always deceased) ,sometimes with prophetic information ,and being told its not time for them to pass over,and then returning to (bodily) consciousness .
Also a lot of people claim to have older relatives that have died before ,and that they have never actually met in life,but recognise from photos and descriptions.
You could say this is poppycock I am not stating it as fact or fiction but not having experienced it myself I would not make judgement,but there are many claims for this.

All the so called evidence that you claim to negate everything above is based the fact that there is some small burst of life still available in the brain.
Oh and and coarse rats have them.
How on earth is any of this explained by detecting a small sign of waning wave brain activity.
Also all the real scientific investigators, use the assuming terms , I believe,possibly,maybe,and could be because,
They do not actually claim it as factual as you do ,even though you are basing your arguments on their studies.

Sensible answers please,

Sensible answers only
23-09-2014, 01:55 AM
Okay, so people who do supposedly experience NDE's whenever they almost die report similar experiences. Could it be because they're all experiencing the same or similar super-natural realm after they died for a moment? Or are they all similar because they are experiencing similar physiological circumstances that are colored through the incredibly pervasive filter of religion, for which the vast majority of share similar dogmas about a paradise after death?

One of these is far more probable than the other. Guess which one it is? Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-09-2014, 03:36 AM
(23-09-2014 01:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Okay, so people who do supposedly experience NDE's whenever they almost die report similar experiences. Could it be because they're all experiencing the same or similar super-natural realm after they died for a moment? Or are they all similar because they are experiencing similar physiological circumstances that are colored through the incredibly pervasive filter of religion, for which the vast majority of share similar dogmas about a paradise after death?

One of these is far more probable than the other. Guess which one it is? Drinking Beverage

the naturalistic guess is more safer because it can at least be studied and if its actually wrong then it ill be proven wrong, but starting with things like the spirit realm thing doesn't mean much because people who say its real never try to prove it besides making assertions which are not founded on any scientific facts but rather personal belief
23-09-2014, 03:49 AM
I got kicked in the head by a horse yesterday and as I lay there near death, Jebus appeared to me and said that in Heaven I'll get all the Schlotszky's, blow jobs, Dos Equis, and cocaine I want and Sooner football never ends. But then he said it wasn't my time and sent me back here to my shitty paying job. What an asshole.

Oh yea, and I hovered over my body and noticed I was laying in horse shit.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
23-09-2014, 04:43 AM
(23-09-2014 01:44 AM)phild249 Wrote:  real scientific investigators

A REAL scientific investigators relies on evidence, of which there is none what so ever for an afterlife. NDE's only evidence of an afterlife if you do two things a.) presuppose there is an afterlife and b.) ignore all the cases of NDE that have NOTHING to do with an afterlife. If you do not assume there is an afterlife then at worst you have a biological and neurological phenomena that is, as yet, unexplained. However through trials, experimentation, and EVIDENCE we can go much further then that because much of it IS explained to a degree that is orders of magnitude more probable than" fairies and god and afterlife and shit".

So you are engaged in 2 different errors in thinking right off the bat, the first of which is you presuppose a conclusion that has zero evidence to support it and you defend that conclusion through confirmation bias(logical fallacy) by excepting the NDEs that support your conclusion and ignoring the ones that do not. Not everyone see's a light. Not everyone see's dead relatives. There is no global constant that would be absolutely required for a conclusion of "afterlife". People have NDEs that are religious that are completely contradictory to other peoples religiously themed NDEs and that all by it's fucking self negates your theory. People have NDEs where they spend time gallivanting in fictional universes with fictional characters.

Here is something for you to ponder : in the entire course of human history the number of times an event was thought to have a supernatural, magical, or "other worldly" cause that when investigated accurately and soundly verified that cause is exactly fucking ZERO. NEDs are just the newest battle ground for the people that like to peddle woo. They are not special.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
23-09-2014, 04:54 AM
Of course NDEs are bullshit. No one is willing to blow their heads off with a shotgun to test to see if they come back from the dead.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-09-2014, 05:11 AM
(23-09-2014 04:54 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Of course NDEs are bullshit. No one is willing to blow their heads off with a shotgun to test to see if they come back from the dead.

You calling me a coward?

Somebody give me a gun! I'll be right back...
23-09-2014, 05:33 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2014 05:51 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-09-2014 01:44 AM)phild249 Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 04:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are very strange. Drinking Beverage
First of all I do apologise for saying no one sent any links,I didn’t see them before I spoke ,so yes you are correct.
The thing is all this evidence only shows there is still activity in the brain.
It shows reason no why thousands of people should have the same experience or illusion if you like.
I mean when people are asleep when there is supposedly, I would suspect, much more activity in the brain than flatlining on the operating table, why these people should have remarkably and consistent experiences ,paralleling accident or nearly murdered victims.
Sleepers dreaming are not likely to have the same dreams as any other sleeper,just random bits and pieces or at least that’s all that can be recalled,but no similarity to any other sleeper, and just usually non sensical experinces.
However NDE ,I will call neardeath experiencer for arguments sake,although they aren’t actually quite dead.
I mean why with extreme clarity would the proven out of body experience,the feeling of extreme well being, the light, the complete life recall,the meeting relatives ( always deceased) ,sometimes with prophetic information ,and being told its not time for them to pass over,and then returning to (bodily) consciousness .
Also a lot of people claim to have older relatives that have died before ,and that they have never actually met in life,but recognise from photos and descriptions.
You could say this is poppycock I am not stating it as fact or fiction but not having experienced it myself I would not make judgement,but there are many claims for this.

All the so called evidence that you claim to negate everything above is based the fact that there is some small burst of life still available in the brain.
Oh and and coarse rats have them.
How on earth is any of this explained by detecting a small sign of waning wave brain activity.
Also all the real scientific investigators, use the assuming terms , I believe,possibly,maybe,and could be because,
They do not actually claim it as factual as you do ,even though you are basing your arguments on their studies.

Sensible answers please,
Sensible answers only

In post # 7 you were given a link to an animal study that showed rats have NDE's. The fact that human brains "desating" of 02, experience somewhat simialr (but ALWAYS culturally realative) things is not surprising at all. Always in THEIR language, always things they already thought they knew about. Did even 1 of them come back and report something "unknown" (hitherto) to either themselves or humanity in general. No. Not one. There is nothing further to explain.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-09-2014, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2014 10:40 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-09-2014 04:54 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Of course NDEs are bullshit. No one is willing to blow their heads off with a shotgun to test to see if they come back from the dead.

Which raises the recurring point. IF those who claim they "believe" in Jebus CLING to life the same as non-believers, (including the doctor last month *saved from Ebola* ... "thank god he save my life") yet *claim* they believe they are "going to some heaven or other, why then, if they *really* believe, are they not ready and happy to go ? The fact is, they seem to not REALLY believe in much.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.