NDEs : Real or Fake?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2017, 08:18 AM
how do you account for near death experiences
a huge number of people have reported seeing heaven or hell when they are close to death(some in great detail) now everyone report to have tmore or less the same experience. although they say hindu's see the god of death and christians see jesus the later being more populer. some atheist claim to see hell others say the feel like fading in nothingness. never the less how do you account for them?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2017, 08:26 AM
RE: how do you account for near death experiences
(30-01-2017 08:18 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  a huge number of people have reported seeing heaven or hell when they are close to death(some in great detail) now everyone report to have tmore or less the same experience. although they say hindu's see the god of death and christians see jesus the later being more populer. some atheist claim to see hell others say the feel like fading in nothingness. never the less how do you account for them?

I.dont.know

And you?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
30-01-2017, 08:26 AM
Haven't we been through this already?

(30-01-2017 08:18 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  now everyone report to have tmore or less the same experience.

They do?

Quote:although they say hindu's see the god of death and christians see jesus

Oh, so they actually don't...

Quote:some atheist claim to see hell others say the feel like fading in nothingness.

Nice job making a claim and then going on to refute it!

Quote:never the less how do you account for them?

Transitory dreams cooked up by a dying and recovering brain, shaped by cultural mores, social pressures, and faulty memories.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
30-01-2017, 08:29 AM
NDE's can be simulated with large magnets. The brain does funny things when the chemistry of the brain is messed with. Which makes NDE's hallucinations and nothing more. Assigning meaning to an NDE as if it is telling you something about an afterlife, is wishful thinking.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
30-01-2017, 08:31 AM
RE: NDEs : Real or Fake?
Threads Merged
30-01-2017, 08:41 AM
Wow i am impressed with the fast response thank you.
30-01-2017, 09:00 AM
(30-01-2017 08:18 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  a huge number of people have reported seeing heaven or hell when they are close to death(some in great detail) now everyone report to have tmore or less the same experience.
An often overlooked fact the some researches have pointed out, is that "the well is poisoned" now that NDEs have been popularized. It is now widely known that NDEs are a "thing" and what they are "supposed" to consist of and what they are alleged to mean. So now everyone who gets run over by a bus enters into that life-threatening experience with that template in their memory.

No wonder NDEs have some similar features, even over and above the obvious fact that they are being had by members of the same species who have a lot of shared experiences to begin with and are undergoing similar traumas.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
30-01-2017, 05:45 PM
NDEs : Real or Fake?
Micheal Shermers "The Believing Brain" explains this very well. I myself had a "NDE" twice. (I don't really like that term). Once was drowning and once was a parachute jump. I "Saw the light". In other words, I was hypoxic and suffered head trauma. The "Light" or "Tunnel" is easily explained. And yes, when you learn about these things they do make sense. There is no heaven. There is no god. Thanks for playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 5 users Like treefireguy's post
30-01-2017, 09:02 PM
(30-01-2017 08:18 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  ... some atheists claim to see hell others say the feel like fading in nothingness. never the less how do you account for them?

We need a citation for this claim.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
30-01-2017, 10:22 PM
(30-01-2017 09:02 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 08:18 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  ... some atheists claim to see hell others say the feel like fading in nothingness. never the less how do you account for them?

We need a citation for this claim.
Well if you just want a citation and not evidence, try this:

http://www.near-death.com/religion/athei...eists.html

It's written by someone who equates atheists with nasty, selfish people.

There of course are going to be campfire stories like this around, but what's needed are not more claims, or citations for them. What's needed, and completely lacking, despite some considerable money being spent on research, is any proof of an afterlife via NDEs, or even any proof that these occur after brainwaves flatline, which would not prove an afterlife or even that consciousness operates apart from the body, but would at least be a start.
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post