NE1 delve into the manosphere?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2015, 01:08 PM
NE1 delve into the manosphere?
Does anyone on this forum read up on manosphere issues? MGTOW, or that sort of thing?

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2015, 01:52 PM
RE: NE1 delve into the manosphere?
Men going their own way??

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-03-2015, 02:26 PM
(04-03-2015 01:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Men going their own way??

Yeah. Has anyone here heard of this? It's sort of this movement of guys against the grain of a perceived feminist culture. It isn't based on religion or anything, so I started the thread in the politics subfolder.

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
04-03-2015, 02:40 PM
(04-03-2015 02:26 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 01:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Men going their own way??

Yeah. Has anyone here heard of this? It's sort of this movement of guys against the grain of a perceived feminist culture. It isn't based on religion or anything, so I started the thread in the politics subfolder.

Yes, I have.

04-03-2015, 03:03 PM
(04-03-2015 02:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 02:26 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Yeah. Has anyone here heard of this? It's sort of this movement of guys against the grain of a perceived feminist culture. It isn't based on religion or anything, so I started the thread in the politics subfolder.

Yes, I have.

I probably should add, I knew a man who was very involved in advocacy for rights of fathers in the 1980s. He formed a group -- I don't recall what it was called. I know his cause, at the time was personal to him -- his exwife would jerk him around, she had full custody, he always paid his child support, but she wouldn't let him spend time with the children.

Once the children were old enough two of them decided to have him in their lives. He's still part of their lives. But he remained jaded because of the process that allowed his ex to basically shut him out of the lives of the children.

But he also left the movement, because it became more about something else he couldn't condone. He never saw it as about hating women or putting them in their place. He just wanted equality, especially where issues of custody, child support and making decisions are concerned.

He's a feminist.

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-03-2015, 07:09 PM
I don't like the word feminist... It implies that equality issues only affect women.

Whether or not feminists define it that way is irrelevant, it comes across that way to me, and therefore I don't apply it to myself. It seems every feminist has a different idea of what feminism means. Very quickly the "no true Scotsman" argument comes out when referring to one group or the other.

No one can escape the fact that there are people, identifying themselves as feminists, who hold very sexist views, and seek to demonize men in society... I refuse to share a label with those people.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Sam's post
04-03-2015, 07:46 PM
(04-03-2015 01:08 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Does anyone on this forum read up on manosphere issues? MGTOW, or that sort of thing?

It disturbs me as a man that you would know of such things.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
04-03-2015, 08:46 PM
*anyone

You fucking twat.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
04-03-2015, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2015 09:35 PM by Bucky Ball.)
The only way it makes any sense is "men for *equal* rights". Equal rights is not a reality, in some ways for either group. Women still don't make what men do, for the SAME damn job. Maybe men "going their own way" means they should pay women the same. That would be different.

BTW, it sounds so gay. Why am I not surprised ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-03-2015, 03:12 AM
(04-03-2015 07:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 01:08 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Does anyone on this forum read up on manosphere issues? MGTOW, or that sort of thing?

It disturbs me as a man that you would know of such things.

I read a particular blogger who refers to the movement from time to time. You check out one website, then discover two more, and then more...eventually you find a network.

I don't agree with a lot of the MGTOW movement. Take, for example, the whole gaming women for one night stands. Obviously I'm not for that because I'm against fornication. But there's a common thread that a lot in the movement's conversation that I find interesting.

A lot of the Catholics in the places I frequent have no conception of this phenomenon, and they keep to their groups. I'm more "out in it" than a lot of folks, I guess. I figured I might stumble across one or two people here who have read a bit of what I've seen.

Also, I find that Wikipedia is tinkered with in a biased fashion quite frequently.

-

-