NE1 delve into the manosphere?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: NE1 delve into the manosphere?
(04-03-2015 09:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The only way it makes any sense is "men for *equal* rights". Equal rights is not a reality, in some ways for either group. Women still don't make what men do, for the SAME damn job. Maybe men "going their own way" means they should pay women the same. That would be different.

BTW, it sounds so gay. Why am I not surprised ?
I don't know much about this income thing so I must ask.
I can't speak for white collar workers but as a blue collar guy here in Canada I can honestly say that all my coworkers were paid according to their skills. For those in the same job it had much to do with the length of time you worked there. I've worked with women in the exact same job and made more, less and the same. Perhaps this isn't a thing in Canada? I dunno.
I can't help but wonder. If I work with a woman and we make the same hourly wage the only way I'll make more money is if I work more or if I avoid pregnancy (easy enough for me). I wonder if women make less on adverage because she is wasting time on pushing out parasites..
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2015, 02:14 PM
(04-03-2015 07:09 PM)Sam Wrote:  I don't like the word feminist... It implies that equality issues only affect women.

Whether or not feminists define it that way is irrelevant, it comes across that way to me, and therefore I don't apply it to myself. It seems every feminist has a different idea of what feminism means. Very quickly the "no true Scotsman" argument comes out when referring to one group or the other.

No one can escape the fact that there are people, identifying themselves as feminists, who hold very sexist views, and seek to demonize men in society... I refuse to share a label with those people.

I prefer egalitarian.
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
06-03-2015, 02:32 PM
(05-03-2015 05:20 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Omg, I know right. Men have it so effin hard, yo. Rolleyes

Hmmm...manosphere men may have a point. I guess it's a helluva lot easier for me to get sex than men. (Fornication starts with an F for Fun) I just gotta walk into a bar and find a dude that's down to fuck. And I don't have to scrape bottom barrel, either. We're talking 7+.

Must suck to have to shell out dough for sex, like buying drinks and dates and hotel rooms (or hookers)... Guess it helps that men earn more and don't have to worry about shit like date rape or getting called whores and sluts. Or being take advantage of by car mechanics. Or getting talked down to. Parking lots at night? How nervous does that make men?

And don't even talk to me about child support. I'm the one footing that bill.
There's something in there that bothers me.
You see car mechanics would also try to take advantage of me as well. The solution for that was to learn about cars. Its your responsibility to cover your own ass. People are going to try to rip you off.
Little story. My cousin who is kind of a little guy and not very aggressive had his wallet stolen and the shit knocked out of him as he was walking to his car after work one night. I went to visit him in the hospital and he was fucked up. The result was a man who fears parking lots.
06-03-2015, 03:30 PM
(06-03-2015 02:32 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(05-03-2015 05:20 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Omg, I know right. Men have it so effin hard, yo. Rolleyes

Hmmm...manosphere men may have a point. I guess it's a helluva lot easier for me to get sex than men. (Fornication starts with an F for Fun) I just gotta walk into a bar and find a dude that's down to fuck. And I don't have to scrape bottom barrel, either. We're talking 7+.

Must suck to have to shell out dough for sex, like buying drinks and dates and hotel rooms (or hookers)... Guess it helps that men earn more and don't have to worry about shit like date rape or getting called whores and sluts. Or being take advantage of by car mechanics. Or getting talked down to. Parking lots at night? How nervous does that make men?

And don't even talk to me about child support. I'm the one footing that bill.
There's something in there that bothers me.
You see car mechanics would also try to take advantage of me as well. The solution for that was to learn about cars. Its your responsibility to cover your own ass. People are going to try to rip you off.
Little story. My cousin who is kind of a little guy and not very aggressive had his wallet stolen and the shit knocked out of him as he was walking to his car after work one night. I went to visit him in the hospital and he was fucked up. The result was a man who fears parking lots.

I'm aware I tend to post more emotionally than rationally with this topic, especially when I've been drinking. This topic pisses me off to no end. I usually don't engage in these threads for that very reason. I've posted stats comparing US wage for male vs female nurses elsewhere on this forum.

You're right about getting ripped off. I take my dad or my grandfather with me when I need work done, I just don't have time nor the interest to learn about cars.

Mostly, the fornication thing got me - like wtf? If adults wanna go out and get some strange, more power to 'em. If a guy wants to go out and have a one night stand - great. If a chick does - great. Wear a rubber.

Now, if we're talking manosphere as in balls, ok, I'm game. They need to be protected, handled a little more tenderly, caressed if you will. Sublime made a fun song about it:

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
06-03-2015, 03:31 PM
Quote:Or being take advantage of by car mechanics. Or getting talked down to. Parking lots at night? How nervous does that make men?

Because men never get taken advantaged off, talked down too or get frightened in dodgy situations??
You truly believe this or are you just ignorant?

My flatmate got punched in the face the other day on the way home from the gym.
He's a male.

Not every male knows about cars. Ask some city lawyer how a combustion engine works and he'll likely have the same amount of knowledge as you.
Hell, my dad is a diesel mechanic and I hardly know that much about what is wrong with a car when X happens. Just because one is male does not instantly mean one knows everything there is to know about cars.

And women talk down to men all the time. Yes men talk down to women, but I'm saying that it's not exclusive to men talking down to women it's women talking down to men too.

Quote:And don't even talk to me about child support. I'm the one footing that bill.

Women have always been favored when it comes to children in the divorce.
How is that fair?

Your post disappoints me Nurse. Anyone with half a brain can see that there isn't equality on both sides. The aim should be to achieve equality across the board, not simply equality for one side.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
06-03-2015, 03:49 PM
(06-03-2015 03:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Or being take advantage of by car mechanics. Or getting talked down to. Parking lots at night? How nervous does that make men?

Because men never get taken advantaged off, talked down too or get frightened in dodgy situations??
You truly believe this or are you just ignorant?

My flatmate got punched in the face the other day on the way home from the gym.
He's a male.

Not every male knows about cars. Ask some city lawyer how a combustion engine works and he'll likely have the same amount of knowledge as you.
Hell, my dad is a diesel mechanic and I hardly know that much about what is wrong with a car when X happens. Just because one is male does not instantly mean one knows everything there is to know about cars.

And women talk down to men all the time. Yes men talk down to women, but I'm saying that it's not exclusive to men talking down to women it's women talking down to men too.

Quote:And don't even talk to me about child support. I'm the one footing that bill.

Women have always been favored when it comes to children in the divorce.
How is that fair?

Your post disappoints me Nurse. Anyone with half a brain can see that there isn't equality on both sides. The aim should be to achieve equality across the board, not simply equality for one side.

Not ignorant, thank you. More like drunk ranting divorcing mom with a really sketch history with men. Infer what you will.

I'm sure you've read my other posts on the forum regarding this topic. Particularly the one suggesting feminists WANT to be raped for political gains.

Yes. I want equality across the board and yes I realize there are inequalities on both sides. I realize I'm not capable of holding a purely rational unemotional conversation on this topic - some wounds are too deep.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
06-03-2015, 05:23 PM
OK.... Did a Google search and found out what "manosphere" is.....

Got news for you....

If you gotta ask, what makes a man a man -- you might consider talking to your doctor about supplemental testosterone injections or something....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-03-2015, 07:45 PM

#sigh
06-03-2015, 10:09 PM
(06-03-2015 02:14 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 07:09 PM)Sam Wrote:  I don't like the word feminist... It implies that equality issues only affect women.

Whether or not feminists define it that way is irrelevant, it comes across that way to me, and therefore I don't apply it to myself. It seems every feminist has a different idea of what feminism means. Very quickly the "no true Scotsman" argument comes out when referring to one group or the other.

No one can escape the fact that there are people, identifying themselves as feminists, who hold very sexist views, and seek to demonize men in society... I refuse to share a label with those people.

I prefer egalitarian.

Yeah, I agree.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2015, 10:36 PM
(06-03-2015 10:09 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(06-03-2015 02:14 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I prefer egalitarian.

Yeah, I agree.

The problem with that word, and the sentiment behind the whole semantic concern-trolling shebang, is that it minimises the actual experiences of the people who are actually members of actual disadvantaged groups...

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post