NE1 delve into the manosphere?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2015, 06:15 PM
RE: NE1 delve into the manosphere?
(06-03-2015 03:30 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Mostly, the fornication thing got me - like wtf? If adults wanna go out and get some strange, more power to 'em. If a guy wants to go out and have a one night stand - great. If a chick does - great. Wear a rubber.

Huh?

I'm Catholic. If you screw outside of marriage unrepentantly and die, you go to Hell and burn forever and ever, and you will be tormented by demons for all eternity. This is a basic teaching of the Church. Live and die in a state of sin, you get eternity outside of God's Presence with the damned and the fallen angels.

Tying this back to the manosphere, there's a subsection of the phenomenon that specializes in gaming chicks. This, of course, is unacceptable. But reading between the lines--reading between the suggestions and advice--you will witness an observed science that most commentators within the manosphere share.

There are other subsections of the manosphere. As Momsurroundedbyboys commented, there are lingering issues about men who get screwed over in divorce court. This is a topic that is often discussed. Another subsection involves men who speak about the culture at large and where civilization is going as a whole. Another subsection is a men's rights activist wing. And then, I think another subtopic within the manosphere umbrella is a struggle titled "Gamergate."

It's just a kind of obscure internet phenomenon, and I was wondering if people at TTA were aware of it. Atheists boast about being outside of the box, so the OP seemed an interesting question to ask.

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2015, 06:41 PM
(07-03-2015 06:15 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(06-03-2015 03:30 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Mostly, the fornication thing got me - like wtf? If adults wanna go out and get some strange, more power to 'em. If a guy wants to go out and have a one night stand - great. If a chick does - great. Wear a rubber.

Huh?

I'm Catholic. If you screw outside of marriage unrepentantly and die, you go to Hell and burn forever and ever, and you will be tormented by demons for all eternity. This is a basic teaching of the Church. Live and die in a state of sin, you get eternity outside of God's Presence with the damned and the fallen angels.

As it happens, screwing outside of a marriage, while married i.e. when you have signed an exclusive contract, is, I would agree, unethical.

But it's not a crime that deserves an eternal punishment.

I wonder whether it is possible for you to try your own thought experiment and imagine how emancipating it might be to not hold those beliefs.

(07-03-2015 06:15 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  ...
I was wondering if people at TTA were aware of it. Atheists boast about being outside of the box, so the OP seemed an interesting question to ask.

Certainly, why not. It's an as valid subject as any.

But that's the thing about free-thinkers... they don't all think the same so no need to generalise.

Which of course is another thing that makes men superior to women... ALL women generalise, all the time.

Bitches!

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
07-03-2015, 07:43 PM
(07-03-2015 06:41 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Which of course is another thing that makes men superior to women... ALL women generalise, all the time.

Bitches!

[Image: queen-elizabeth-double-middle-finger.gif]

Your queen is none too happy!!!

Tongue Laugh out load

I understand fornication as a term as sex outside of being married - not specifically an extramarital affair. I would agree that an affair = unethical

Unattached having sex with unattached = who gives a damn

Interesting that me having sex outside of marriage will cause me to burn in hell forever and ever per the priests that pray forgiveness for all the little boys they sodomize.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
07-03-2015, 08:07 PM
(07-03-2015 06:15 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  

Huh?

You're a Catholic - you believe that tripe. I'm an atheist, I don't. You state it as fact; it is only your belief.

Quote:Tying this back to the manosphere, there's a subsection of the phenomenon that specializes in gaming chicks. This, of course, is unacceptable. But reading between the lines--reading between the suggestions and advice--you will witness an observed science that most commentators within the manosphere share.

To what 'observed science' do you refer?

Quote:

It's just a kind of obscure internet phenomenon, and I was wondering if people at TTA were aware of it. Atheists boast about being outside of the box, so the OP seemed an interesting question to ask.

"Boast about being outside the box"? Really? Where has anyone done that? Please be specific.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2015, 08:15 PM
(07-03-2015 06:15 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  I'm Catholic. If you screw outside of marriage unrepentantly and die, you go to Hell and burn forever and ever, and you will be tormented by demons for all eternity. This is a basic teaching of the Church. Live and die in a state of sin, you get eternity outside of God's Presence with the damned and the fallen angels.

There is no evidence for "fallen angels". There is no evidence for angels either. The idea of "messengers of the gods" came from Babylon, which is why most of their names end in "el" ... part of the name of El Elyon, their chief god, (and the Father of "Yahweh", the war god, or "lord of hosts". A "host" is an arrayed army.)

And that's not what your church teaches. There are three requirments for mortal sin, according to the Catechism of the RCC, and all 3 must be met. It is entirely possible that a human may not consider casual sex as as "grave matter" or give "complete consent", and thus it's NOT necessarily a mortal sin. There is no evidence for hell. The culture that produced your cult did not believe in it. Neither did St. Paul. There are no "basic teachings" of the RCC. You tell me where the "teachings" are, and then where the "basic teachings" are. The fact is you retards make up that shit, and in fact know absolutely NOTHING about what you're spouting. It does NOT exist in a Roman Moral Theology textbook, and YOU cannot find a reference to one that says that. Quit pretending to be a fucking priest. You simply don't know shit about your cult.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-03-2015, 08:22 PM
(07-03-2015 08:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
You simply don't know shit about your cult.

I too, "simply don't know shit" about the Cafia cult so I'm finding these exchanges very useful.

Thanks guys.

07-03-2015, 08:30 PM
(07-03-2015 08:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  You're a Catholic - you believe that tripe. I'm an atheist, I don't. You state it as fact; it is only your belief.

You're an atheist - your disbelief is tripe! I'm a Catholic, I believe. You state it as fact; it is only your belief.

Quote:To what 'observed science' do you refer?

Collected observations have been observed and recorded about Western women at this time in our history. (Their behaviors, mannerisms, decisions, etc.) You can take it up with manosphere bloggers as to whether or not their observations are correct.

Quote:"Boast about being outside the box"? Really? Where has anyone done that? Please be specific.

It is often a boast of atheists that they've broken out of the boundaries of Christianized thinking. The traditional way of thinking, that is. It's not a critical statement, and in fact, I figured you'd take it as some sort of false flattery. If you don't want to regard yourself as unconventional or avant-garde, that's your business. But this perception I had of atheists is what, in part, led to my question about the manosphere. It is also for this reason that I asked another question in the Science folder.

Basically, I was interested in what forum members knew about and their point of view.

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
07-03-2015, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2015 08:54 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(07-03-2015 08:30 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Collected observations have been observed and recorded about Western women at this time in our history. (Their behaviors, mannerisms, decisions, etc.) You can take it up with manosphere bloggers as to whether or not their observations are correct.

Where and by whom ? Provide a reference.
A collection of biased anecdotes, with no scientific sampling techniques employed are worthless, and despite your lame attempt to make them appear to be "objective", ("collected observations") are nothing but a pile of prejudicial garbage. Do try harder next time.

Manosphere bloggers have no objective study about mannerisms, etc.

(07-03-2015 08:30 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  You're an atheist - your disbelief is tripe! I'm a Catholic, I believe. You state it as fact; it is only your belief.

Too bad for you, the attempt at equating the two views is an utter failure. You have not a shred of evidence for your belief in your cult. You have suspended your reason, and consented to accepting a pile of dung, because you need to do that, and that is how faith is defined "a gift of the gods".

The LACK of belief is not "belief" in anything.
But nice try. Boring and old, but nice try.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-03-2015, 08:54 PM
(07-03-2015 08:30 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 08:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  You're a Catholic - you believe that tripe. I'm an atheist, I don't. You state it as fact; it is only your belief.

You're an atheist - your disbelief is tripe! I'm a Catholic, I believe. You state it as fact; it is only your belief.

I state what as a fact? That you have belief? Consider

Quote:
Quote:To what 'observed science' do you refer?

Collected observations have been observed and recorded about Western women at this time in our history. (Their behaviors, mannerisms, decisions, etc.) You can take it up with manosphere bloggers as to whether or not their observations are correct.

There is no science there.

Quote:
Quote:"Boast about being outside the box"? Really? Where has anyone done that? Please be specific.

It is often a boast of atheists that they've broken out of the boundaries of Christianized thinking. The traditional way of thinking, that is. It's not a critical statement, and in fact, I figured you'd take it as some sort of false flattery. If you don't want to regard yourself as unconventional or avant-garde, that's your business. But this perception I had of atheists is what, in part, led to my question about the manosphere. It is also for this reason that I asked another question in the Science folder.

I have not 'broken out of the boundaries of Christianized thinking' as you put it; I was was never within the boundaries.

Quote:Basically, I was interested in what forum members knew about and their point of view.

What would it matter? Why would you think that we care about them?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2015, 09:06 PM
Somewhat ironically...

[Image: International-Womens-Day.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post