NEW FORUM SECTION

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2011, 09:09 AM
RE: NEW FORUM SECTION
(07-11-2011 09:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ......
(07-11-2011 08:31 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  I like Meaningless Drivel, or even just Drivel, and i have no problem with condescension...

That doesn't concern or worry you? ... I mean it does me.

I guess i've become callous... or impatient or exasperated.... or something. I hope, in time, to be re-sensitized in this kinder, gentler forum.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Random chat? Miscellaneous drivel?.

There needs to be some kind of description because there are many threads In the casual coffeehouse that would come under this category that I don't Have a problem being there.

Pererkin thanks for the like dedication Smile

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
08-11-2011, 02:13 PM
(08-11-2011 06:47 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  How bout, "This, That, and the Other Thing"?

I think that's got it. Big Grin

(08-11-2011 09:09 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  
(07-11-2011 09:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ......
(07-11-2011 08:31 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  I like Meaningless Drivel, or even just Drivel, and i have no problem with condescension...

That doesn't concern or worry you? ... I mean it does me.

I guess i've become callous... or impatient or exasperated.... or something. I hope, in time, to be re-sensitized in this kinder, gentler forum.

When I find myself going there, and I mean who doesn't, I take corrective action immediately. It's much easier to avoid becoming an asshole than it is to stop being an asshole. ... not saying you're an asshole Peterkin, just sayin' that callousness, impatience, exasperation, and condescension are feelings and traits I'd rather not have.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-11-2011, 02:14 PM
(08-11-2011 02:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  just sayin' that callousness, impatience, exasperation, and condescension are feelings and traits I'd rather not have.

Your listing some of my best features there Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
08-11-2011, 03:26 PM
(08-11-2011 02:14 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(08-11-2011 02:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  just sayin' that callousness, impatience, exasperation, and condescension are feelings and traits I'd rather not have.

In my experience, they won't get you far. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
08-11-2011, 03:38 PM
A light hearted look at atheism.Big Grin
08-11-2011, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2011 03:41 PM by houseofcantor.)
(07-11-2011 06:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't like the name. "Meaningless Drivel" could apply to this entire forum, the entire internet, or hell even my life. "Drivel" is better but still condescending and doesn't capture the essence. "Teenage Angst" works but is still rather patronizing. How about "On a more Youthful Side" or "On a more Youthful Note" or something inoffensive like that? ... Zatamon? Peterkin? bemore? HoC? Any other poets? ... Bueller, Bueller, Bueller? ... We gotta come up with a less offensive forum section title.

EDIT: But for godssake don't use "For Our Youth", that'd be even worse than "Meaningless Drivel".

Did you just put "less offensive" and HoC in the same equation? That's why math teachers make you show your work. Cool

Words do not offend me - it is out of universal love and respect that I chose Gwyneth Paltrow as my lord and savior. That way, we got something to hate on each other over. Big Grin

(that fucking zero state- it started out a lie, ended up alright. If I end up being nice; I'm gonna change my gospel to negative one state Tongue)
(08-11-2011 03:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-11-2011 02:14 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

In my experience, they won't get you far. Wink

Yeah, I never thought love, patience, morality were worth a fuck - now I don't worry about getting laid. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user