NEW VIDEO : Hey Agnostics, "F*CK YOU!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2011, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2011 04:16 PM by oliethefolie.)
NEW VIDEO : Hey Agnostics, "F*CK YOU!"

This is a new series I am embarking on.
If you think it's a good idea please let me know. If not, I won't make this type of video again or change how I do it.

This video is on how high and might self-proclaimed "agnostics" are.
Thanks for watching!

EDIT: This has not had the best reception so look forward to less douchey material in the future!

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2011, 02:27 PM
RE: NEW VIDEO : Hey Agnostics, "F*CK YOU!"
I honestly can't understand most of this video, but then again I'm not British. A few tips...

1. Speak slower and enunciate, I can understand accents perfectly well... but gee whiz I had a hard time with yours!

2. Rambling ranting is best left to crazies on street corners. It's okay to be mad, or to call people out on bullshit, but this video was incomprehensible. Maybe make a script next time.

3. Look at the camera, it's really distracting having you look every which way.

4. (this is a personal note) Perhaps not have such a large angle of yourself, like sit in the chair and talk. It's more personal and again less distracting.

So good try, but calm down and organize your argument. Big Grin

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
26-06-2011, 02:45 PM
(26-06-2011 02:27 PM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  I honestly can't understand most of this video, but then again I'm not British. A few tips...

1. Speak slower and enunciate, I can understand accents perfectly well... but gee whiz I had a hard time with yours!

2. Rambling ranting is best left to crazies on street corners. It's okay to be mad, or to call people out on bullshit, but this video was incomprehensible. Maybe make a script next time.

3. Look at the camera, it's really distracting having you look every which way.

4. (this is a personal note) Perhaps not have such a large angle of yourself, like sit in the chair and talk. It's more personal and again less distracting.

So good try, but calm down and organize your argument. Big Grin

1) I have been told I talk too fast. I should work on that!
2) The entire thing was scripted
3) Which is why I look over to the side
4) I'll take that into account.

Thanks for the criticism!

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
26-06-2011, 02:56 PM
As an agnostic, I'd love to debate you on the content but I'm having a hard time understanding and keeping up. Sorry Confused

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
26-06-2011, 03:04 PM
(26-06-2011 02:56 PM)The_observer Wrote:  As an agnostic, I'd love to debate you on the content but I'm having a hard time understanding and keeping up. Sorry Confused

I don't think I made myself clear. I'll keep my videos more concise in the future. You are what I am. An agnostic atheist. I mean people who are *just* agnostic and have no idea what it means.

-DA
26-06-2011, 03:24 PM
(26-06-2011 03:04 PM)oliethefolie Wrote:  
(26-06-2011 02:56 PM)The_observer Wrote:  As an agnostic, I'd love to debate you on the content but I'm having a hard time understanding and keeping up. Sorry Confused
I don't think I made myself clear. I'll keep my videos more concise in the future. You are what I am. An agnostic atheist. I mean people who are *just* agnostic and have no idea what it means.
Hm... ok... That didn't came trough...

so... about the video...
sound issues I guess... Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
26-06-2011, 03:27 PM
(26-06-2011 03:24 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(26-06-2011 03:04 PM)oliethefolie Wrote:  
Hm... ok... That didn't came trough...

so... about the video...
sound issues I guess... Smile

Yeah sorry about that, I suppose it wasn't too well written and I was trying something new out. I don't think this style works so I suppose this video was an experiment to see what the reaction to it was before I wrote similar scripts on different issues.
Obviously the style has failed and I might try something similar in a while.

-DA
26-06-2011, 03:34 PM
You know olie... You are still heavily inspired by Pat Condell, witch is fine, but if you really want to make a difference and "rise and shine" you are definitely going to have to find your own unique style. Nobody ever improved anything by making an exact copy...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
26-06-2011, 03:38 PM
I am with you on the frustration of many people not understanding that agnostic refers to knowledge, not belief.

That's the only thing I'm with you on.

Fact is, many people think (and therefore identify as) agnostic means "undecided". Therefore, it seems to me those are the people you are speaking to. I'm not sure where your anger comes from, but it's shown in this video through your demeanor and arrogance. You actually mention agnostics as being arrogant, and yet you go ahead and make sweeping assumptions about them. Videos like this make me cringe. It's the exact thing that make others make generalizations about atheists being angry and arrogant. (It pisses me off when they do it, just like it pisses me off when you do it) I know an agnostic (his opinion is that he is not agnostic atheist, but only agnostic) that is extremely intelligent, free thinking, open minded, and non-judgemental. He is often attacked the same way you are attacking all people of this mindset, for his "wishy-washy" stance. Fact is, he could out-think you and I put together, so to go ahead and berate him like this (which is what you've done by addressing agnostics as a whole) you are making yourself, and by proxy, the people you presume to speak for, look like fools.

Terrible delivery aside, this video was awful, and misrepresented me as an atheist. Sorry for being so harsh on you, but you asked for critisism, and to be honest, I hope you not only reconsider making more of these, but also reconsider your position on self proclaimed agnostics. Educating people on the meaning of agnostic is one thing, but you are going after a certain group who's label is irrelevant. The similarity they have is that they are undecided, and that's where it ends. Just like we, as atheists, share a lack of belief, but that too, is where those similatities end.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
26-06-2011, 03:42 PM

Hi, as someone with a grasp of the English language I was able to understand your video. You do talk quick, but your accent was fine AND YOU PRONOUNCED EVERYTHING CORRECTLY. Remember, when doing videos for a worldwide audience, speak slowly as there may be Americans who are watching.
However, you video isn't really addressed to many of the agnostics on this site as I'm assuming they have thought out their position to a sufficient degree to be unpeturbed by your overall message.
You seem to rail against organised religion, which is fair enough, I agree with that and again many users on this website will too. But this doesn't support your case against agnostics, just against theists.
Your video is a diatribe against those agnostics who are just jumping on the bandwagon of euroskeptism as it hurtles through today's schools.
Its also offensive for no gain whatsoever. Leave the f word to the rappers and start using vocabulary with illustrates your argument instead of telling people you think they're stupid.
What is your overall idea, to tell agnostics that they're wrong?
In a way, they are always going to be wrong no matter if there is a god or not as they're not sure about either.
Tips, talk slow think yank, concentrate on proof not rhetoric, memorise the script it's disconcerting for you to look away all the time.
One thing for sure, everyone here knows what agnostic means haha.
Anyway, good luck with the videos, I'd like to see where you go with it.
Quote this message in a reply