Poll: Is My Series Any Good?
Yes!
It's a piece of crap!
[Show Results]

NEW VIDEO SERIES: Part 1- The Threat of Hell

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-06-2011, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2011 09:47 AM by oliethefolie.)
NEW VIDEO SERIES: Part 1- The Threat of Hell
Hi guys, I've been lurking here for a while so I decided to finally post.
I've started making my very own YouTube series on atheism/rationalism.
The first one is out now and on the "Threat of Hell" and features some world class animation.
Yeah, I'm an attention whore!

The Threat of Hell

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2011, 11:36 AM

RE: NEW VIDEO SERIES: Part 1- The Threat of Hell
The video is fine and you have good points. However, (yeah, there is a "however" Wink) you could work on your presentation skills. The average idiot (aka youtuber) has a total of 2 brain cells that work in shifts. It's a good idea to take advantage of the "awwww-shiny" effect to make your arguments more projective. Also, you could add some non-verbal elements like explanatory hand gestures and a humorous bodily posture. Tongue

PS. Also, don't feed the trolls in the comments. They are constantly hungry. Just ignore them. Dodgy
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2011, 11:41 AM
(01-06-2011 11:36 AM)Celestus87 Wrote:  The video is fine and you have good points. However, (yeah, there is a "however" Wink) you could work on your presentation skills. The average idiot (aka youtuber) has a total of 2 brain cells that work in shifts. It's a good idea to take advantage of the "awwww-shiny" effect to make your arguments more projective. Also, you could add some non-verbal elements like explanatory hand gestures and a humorous bodily posture. Tongue

PS. Also, don't feed the trolls in the comments. They are constantly hungry. Just ignore them. Dodgy

Thanks mate. That ain't no troll, that's a Xian friend of mine (actually, we share that channel!).

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
01-06-2011, 11:44 AM

(01-06-2011 11:41 AM)oliethefolie Wrote:  
(01-06-2011 11:36 AM)Celestus87 Wrote:  The video is fine and you have good points. However, (yeah, there is a "however" Wink) you could work on your presentation skills. The average idiot (aka youtuber) has a total of 2 brain cells that work in shifts. It's a good idea to take advantage of the "awwww-shiny" effect to make your arguments more projective. Also, you could add some non-verbal elements like explanatory hand gestures and a humorous bodily posture. Tongue

Thanks mate. That ain't no troll, that's a Xian friend of mine (actually, we share that channel!).

Ah, lol. /facepalm Sleepy
01-06-2011, 11:48 AM

(01-06-2011 09:37 AM)oliethefolie Wrote:  Hi guys, I've been lurking here for a while so I decided to finally post.
I've started making my very own YouTube series on atheism/rationalism.
The first one is out now and on the "Threat of Hell" and features some world class animation.
Yeah, I'm an attention whore!

The Threat of Hell

Haha, I love the "world class animation." Nice video though, I hope to see more in the future.
01-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks. If you like it give a thumbs to counter my religious friends Smile
I've got a couple ideas and I have a script in the works about evolution.

-DA
01-06-2011, 01:42 PM
The first minute I had something saying to me: "Pat Condell: The early years..." Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
01-06-2011, 02:02 PM
(01-06-2011 01:42 PM)The_observer Wrote:  The first minute I had something saying to me: "Pat Condell: The early years..." Smile

Thanks! My mate said it was Pat Condell -esque and I can sort of see why. Also, I really like Pat Condell's videos so that probably influenced me.

-DA
02-06-2011, 05:03 AM
That was quite similar to Pat's videos, although you actually respond to comments. I don't much like only having such polarized options on the poll, but that's ok, because it isn't bad at all.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
03-06-2011, 05:09 PM
(02-06-2011 05:03 AM)daemonowner Wrote:  That was quite similar to Pat's videos, although you actually respond to comments. I don't much like only having such polarized options on the poll, but that's ok, because it isn't bad at all.

Thanks. My mate said it was like Pat.
I have an idea about my next video which will be about heaven and should be done in a week or two if I am not too busy with exams.

-DA