It's a piece of crap!
[Show Results]

NEW VIDEO SERIES: Part 1- The Threat of Hell

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-06-2011, 01:38 PM
RE: NEW VIDEO SERIES: Part 1- The Threat of Hell
COUGH ATTENTION WHORE!

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2011, 06:02 PM
RE: NEW VIDEO SERIES: Part 1- The Threat of Hell
(01-06-2011 09:37 AM)oliethefolie Wrote:  Hi guys, I've been lurking here for a while so I decided to finally post.
I've started making my very own YouTube series on atheism/rationalism.
The first one is out now and on the "Threat of Hell" and features some world class animation.
Yeah, I'm an attention whore!

The Threat of Hell

Hello Olie, I was just wondering if you have considered a "C" possibility: and that is, only by the word of God can man be brought to an understanding of the reality of their condition.

I can say that as a bible student, I can guarantee that the gospel is not about "threatening people with hell," but bringing man to repentance by revealing his true condition, and as an example, I would ask what it means to be good?

Most will have a different answer for this, such as, a hunter would say that the ability to make a shot and put an animal to death with the first bullet would be a good hunter, because he has spared the creature from agony with repeated attempts that are not good shots. Of course, this same hunter would probably say if you hunt with a banana, you are probably not a good hunter.

On the other side, we have a person that thinks that hunting is bad, not good, and they would view the hunter as not good.

What do these two have in common? Well, they see things from a human perspective, and judge matters based upon that which they can see, and from experiences they have had.

My point is this: when we look at ourselves and judge ourselves, by what standard do we do so?

My point leads to this: only the word of God reveals a standard by which man is judged, not according to human perspective, but acording to that which is recorded in scripture.

By a standard of "good" in which God is the supreme example by which all other "goods" are measured.

This point leads to a question, and this is open to all: it has been concluded that God and hell are myths, and I ask, what is this based on?

Glad to make your aquaintance, and, I actually enjoyed the show. Not quite Stephen Crowder, but impressive.

S.T.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply