NEWS STORY: Mormon Church bans children of same-sex couples from sacrements

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2015, 09:11 AM
NEWS STORY: Mormon Church bans children of same-sex couples from sacrements
On NBC news:
linky
Quote:
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has instructed local church leaders that same-sex couples are apostates and that children living with them can't take part in church activities until they're adults and leave home, the church told NBC News on Thursday night.

The policies are included in revisions of the Church Handbook of Instructions that were implemented Thursday and sent to leaders of local Mormon congregations, or stakes.

The revisions were approved by the church's Council of the First Presidency and its Quorum of the Twelve Apostles to clarify how stake leaders should proceed after decisions in the last year legalizing same-sex marriages by the U.S. Supreme Court and high courts in other countries.

So, the children are effectively punished for the actions of their parents.

Such children could be allowed to participate, eventually:
Quote:...approval would be allowed only if the child is 18 or older, leaves home and "specifically disavows the practice of same-gender cohabitation and marriage," according to the revisions.
Once they moved out of their parents home and publicly renounced their lifestyle.

That should make holiday dinners nice and awkward...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
06-11-2015, 09:55 AM
RE: NEWS STORY: Mormon Church bans children of same-sex couples from sacrements
Given that it's this kinda bigotry that is none-ifying the yoof ... it's not a good marketing strategy.

Mind you, I doubt that there are many same-sex couples in the Mormon Church of LSD anyway ... or if there are, they're already feeling alienated so this won't make much difference.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-11-2015, 10:06 AM
It's such a loss being not included in brainwashing.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
06-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Didn't Salt Lake City just elect an openly gay mayor? My brain is filled with mixed messages.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-11-2015, 10:51 AM
Mormons are at it again.......
New Mormon Church Policy Will Punish Children of Same-Sex Couples Unless They Disavow Parents

Snippet:
Much like the Catholic Church, the Mormon Church has long said that gay people can remain in good standing within the club, as long as they refrain from acting on their sexual desires.

Now, they’re taking it much, much further. Not only are gay people in same-sex relationships now considered “apostates,” their children will also be punished.

Because there’s nothing Mormons fear more than Gay Cooties.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
06-11-2015, 10:56 AM
It's funny watching these religions do exactly the wrong thing in their quest for relevance.
06-11-2015, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2015 11:12 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
I don't get it, aren't you supposed to save as many people as possible? If nothing is too difficult for god, why ban children of same-sex couples from sacrements? This demonstrates how little faith they actually have.
06-11-2015, 11:09 AM
(06-11-2015 11:05 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I don't get it, aren't you supposed to save as many people as possible? If nothing is too difficult for god, why ban children of same-sex couples from sacrements?

These things take time. Remember polygamy is still condoned, and segregation of African Americans just ended in 1978.

You can't rush these things... Rolleyes

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
06-11-2015, 11:16 AM
Hah, if there's a same sex couple, the couple likely isn't even Mormon to begin with and would probably not want to send their kids there . And why is banning the attendance of their kids such a big deal? I mean like, it means the kids won't have to listen to that type of bullshit

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
06-11-2015, 12:42 PM
Divisive bullshit. But what else can you expect from a group started by charleton? A literal criminal with a magic hat translating shit no one saw but him to uneducated gullible masses?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post