NEWS STORY: Mormon Church bans children of same-sex couples from sacrements

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2015, 01:23 PM
RE: NEWS STORY: Mormon Church bans children of same-sex couples from sacrements
(06-11-2015 12:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Divisive bullshit. But what else can you expect from a group started by charleton? A literal criminal with a magic hat translating shit no one saw but him to uneducated gullible masses?

This simply amazes me.

So the founding figure in this religion is a known con artist and the history of said religion involves personal revelations from god and the translation of magic gold tablets that no one else ever saw.

What the fuck? Are these not warning signs??? Really? What does it take to make you say "Hey, wait a sec...."

And don't even get me started on the polygamy and the magic underwear...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
06-11-2015, 02:17 PM
When I was a mormon I was taught that marriage is an eternal union between one man and his wives. Angel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Grassy Knoll's post
06-11-2015, 03:19 PM
(06-11-2015 02:17 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  When I was a mormon I was taught that marriage is an eternal union between one man and his wives. Angel

I wonder if Brigham Young University has pictures of all of his 50+ wives up in a gallery or hall somewhere ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-11-2015, 03:55 PM
The really sad thing about this is there are more LGBT members of the church than most people would figure. I grew up in the church and lived in Salt Lake for a time. These gay Mormons were brainwashed to believe that this is the only truth so they try to balance church with their lifestyle and now that's been taken away. I know it's hard to understand, like a woman that stays with her abusive boyfriend (or the other way around women can be dicks too). But both grown and youth LGTB people will be heartbroken about this announcement. And the church doesn't even understand that just because you ban the gays and their scary kids, the church will still have gay kids in the pews listening to sermons about how horrible they are every Sunday. I foresee a huge jump in LDS LGTB suicide rates. Sad
06-11-2015, 05:38 PM
    By the way, just saw this on the Mormon news facebook page. Troll level: king.
[+] 2 users Like sounsure's post
06-11-2015, 06:07 PM
I have a friend who posted about this. She was a Mormon growing up. She is a lesbian who had her kid through a sperm bank. She's not happy with this, either.
17-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Interesting. Salt Lake City has just elected a gay mayor :
Jackie Biskupski

Oh the horror.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-11-2015, 04:01 PM
(06-11-2015 12:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Divisive bullshit. But what else can you expect from a group started by charleton? A literal criminal with a magic hat translating shit no one saw but him to uneducated gullible masses?

Moms, Your post made me smile, I had no idea Charlton Heston was involved in the LDS. Angel

[Image: charlton-heston-planet-of-the-apes.jpg]

But don’t mind me, I’m just a charlatan.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post