NFL Thread 2016

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: NFL Thread 2016
I don't pay much attention to football any more. My QB, Peyton Manning, no longer plays and I really didn't make the switch to the Broncos anyway.

But.........

.......I would love to see Dallas do well as long as this new QB is playing and when Romo comes back I want them to fold again. I don't like the Cowboys but could perhaps be swayed to show some loyalty if Romo would just go away...and take Jerry Jones with him. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2016, 12:01 PM
(25-09-2016 07:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't pay much attention to football any more. My QB, Peyton Manning, no longer plays and I really didn't make the switch to the Broncos anyway.

But.........

.......I would love to see Dallas do well as long as this new QB is playing and when Romo comes back I want them to fold again. I don't like the Cowboys but could perhaps be swayed to show some loyalty if Romo would just go away...and take Jerry Jones with him. Undecided

Not to be a contrarian, but I like Tony Romo, as he's something of a home town boy. Although he was born in San Diego, his parents were from Burlington, WI (my mother's home town, and just a few miles west of my home town, Racine), and returned there when his father got out of the Navy. He played for Burlington High School.

Of course, apart from Romo, I have no use for the Dallas Cowboys -- I'm a fan of the Green Bay Packers.Tongue
15-01-2017, 05:29 PM
Am I going to use tonight's Chiefs-Steelers game as an excuse to drunk?
Consider
Yes!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
22-01-2017, 04:44 PM
The Packers/Falcons game is pretty pitiful.

My only hope, as always, is that the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl. In fact, I would be very happy if they don't make it in at all.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-01-2017, 12:53 PM
(22-01-2017 04:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The Packers/Falcons game is pretty pitiful.

My only hope, as always, is that the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl. In fact, I would be very happy if they don't make it in at all.

So much for that!

I'm a Packer fan who doesn't have cable. So the only way I could watch the game would be to go to a bar or a friend's house or something. I thought about doing that, and decided not to. That was the best decision I made all weekend -- it would have been a depressing game to watch.

I don't really care who wins the Super Bowl. I have no strong feelings (either positive or negative) about either team. If I decide to watch it, I will just hope for a competitive and interesting game.
31-01-2017, 09:52 AM
Super Bowl predictions anyone? As a life long Pats fan, obviously I'm picking them. But I wouldn't be "that" mad if they lost, since it's the Falcons. If any team in the NFL is deserving other than the Pats, it's them. As long as it's not the Broncos, Packers or Cowboys.

"My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight." - Marcus Luttrell
01-02-2017, 04:36 PM
(31-01-2017 09:52 AM)Misenhelter Wrote:  Super Bowl predictions anyone? As a life long Pats fan, obviously I'm picking them. But I wouldn't be "that" mad if they lost, since it's the Falcons. If any team in the NFL is deserving other than the Pats, it's them. As long as it's not the Broncos, Packers or Cowboys.

The only team that I actively root for is the Packers, and they're out of it, so I don't have a dog in this fight. Part of me wants the team that beat the Packers (Atlanta) to go all the way, but another part of me likes Brady and the Patriots.

In our local newspaper the other day, there was an article about polls (favorite and least favorite teams, quarterbacks, etc.). I thought it was funny that Brady was #1 in both quarterback polls (most liked and most hated).

My prediction: The Patriots will win. They have tons more experience in playoff games/situations, and a better-balanced team (In particular, their defense is better than Atlanta's). Disclaimer: I'm notoriously bad at predicting the outcomes of sporting events. If Atlanta wins, it will neither surprise me nor upset me.
01-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Falcons +3

#sigh
01-02-2017, 06:55 PM
My husband will be devastated if the Patriots don't win. And I have to live with him.

But Belichek and Brady are dead to me after the election of 2016, fuck both of them.

Quite the dilemma.
01-02-2017, 07:11 PM
(01-02-2017 04:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Falcons +3

Vegas has the Pats at +3, so, though I hope you're right, I don't think I'm gonna watch this one. Undecided