NFL player announces he doesn't believe in God / Foster comes out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2015, 07:18 PM
RE: NFL player announces he doesn't believe in God
(06-08-2015 03:06 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Breaking story......

WTF. Why is this a big deal? The fact that such a big deal is made out of this is just a sad reflection on our current society.

link
Yip, USA is a religious nuthouse.

Here, no-one would gives a rat's arse what religious affiliation you are.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2015, 07:34 PM
He'll be blamed when jebus causes his team to loose cause he'll then let the devil screw his team with a fumble.
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
06-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Good on him....

In the overall scheme of the whole of creation, a football game means a fuck-all less than a child who's cold, hungry, or scared...................And any "creator of the universe" who would forsake such a child for the sake of some football fan's desire for "their team's" victory doesn't deserve worship -- but disdain, and dismissal...........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-08-2015, 08:05 PM
(06-08-2015 04:46 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I just wonder who he's going to thank when his team scores.

And... does he still "give 110%"?

Maybe thank the rest of the team?
06-08-2015, 08:10 PM
(06-08-2015 07:18 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 03:06 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Breaking story......

WTF. Why is this a big deal? The fact that such a big deal is made out of this is just a sad reflection on our current society.

link
Yip, USA is a religious nuthouse.

Believe it or not, here, if an athlete produces, no one cares about their views ... or criminal record ... or daytime talk -show appearances.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
06-08-2015, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2015 08:46 PM by The Organic Chemist.)
(06-08-2015 07:34 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  He'll be blamed when jebus causes his team to loose cause he'll then let the devil screw his team with a fumble.

No no. That was Mark Sanchez and the butt fumble. The devil only works in ironic ways.

Edit: although, with no devil to blame, does it mean that he will hold himself accountable for bad runs? Unlike a few commentaries I read about Tebow where it was satan that was causing his NFL troubles, not his arm. (Note: the author said this, not Tebow. As far as I am aware, he has never said anything like this.)

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
06-08-2015, 09:27 PM
Ugh! On my way to Taco Bell this evening, I was flipping through the radio channels, and came across a religion channel that was discussing this issue.

After much discussion of his atheism (and, for some reason, the Theory of Evolution), they decided that he "had the right, after all" to "have his own beliefs".

I suppose they're evolving after all, those Fundies.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-08-2015, 11:05 PM
(06-08-2015 09:27 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Ugh! On my way to Taco Bell this evening, I was flipping through the radio channels, and came across a religion channel that was discussing this issue.

After much discussion of his atheism (and, for some reason, the Theory of Evolution), they decided that he "had the right, after all" to "have his own beliefs".

I suppose they're evolving after all, those Fundies.

Of course they are.

They're a bunch of dinosaurs, but hey, dinosaurs evolve too.

(... er, maybe crocodiles would be a better analogy.)

They can't opt out of evolution (in this case, social and memetic evolution) any more than the rest of the human race.
07-08-2015, 01:44 AM
(06-08-2015 06:51 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 04:54 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Of course not. 110% is a made up number. And imaginary things are for us theists!

(we're on to you mathematicians and your imaginary numbers. Back off! Smile

[offended mathematician]

Hey! Profits can rise 110% over the quarter! It's a legit value! What's he giving 110% of? What he gave last season? Good, he's improving! His average for the season? Hell yeah that's possible, really raising the bar. What he gives at practice? Yeah, sure. 110% of what WAS his maximum before he got fired up and delivered harder? Sure. "Giving 110%" means holding nothing back and pushing so hard that you surpass what you THOUGHT were your limits.

And you don't want to be onto imaginary numbers. Given their vector they'll just spin you right off. And yes, a thrown football DOES have an imaginary component to its vector!

[/offended mathematician]

[offended mathematician]

Bangin

[/offended mathematician]

Meh, get a real job, like physics.Drinking Beverage

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
07-08-2015, 03:38 AM
(06-08-2015 08:10 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 07:18 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Yip, USA is a religious nuthouse.

Believe it or not, here, if an athlete produces, no one cares about their views ... or criminal record ... or daytime talk -show appearances.

Yeah, it's when they don't produce that suddenly being atheist is a problem. Interesting fella though, seems like he can handle himself.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post