NFL player announces he doesn't believe in God / Foster comes out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2015, 07:43 PM
RE: Foster comes out
I think its a pretty big deal. I can't think of any other "high" profile athletes that are atheists. I think Lance Armstrong is one but I'd be OK if we gave him back. Hopefully this opens the door for more of this to take some of the stigma off the label. It's just a shame that Foster isn't a defensive lineman and therefore could never sack Tim Tebow during a game. I would've enjoyed that!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rkane819's post
12-08-2015, 07:53 PM
The anti-Tebow.

It's what we need. Someone in football who isn't pointing to the heavens and thanking god for everything. It's gotten to the point where it's expected for players to thank their god and make a very public display of it for the cameras.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Don't we already have a thread on this?

(I agree, but I'm pretty sure we kicked this football around a few days ago.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
12-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Couldn't find the other thread, it's not obvious to me where it is.

Anyone care to link...

If not, I'll just leave it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

12-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Hrm, can't find it. Perhaps it was a discussion in another forum. My mistake?

(Walks away marveling at MSBB's efficiency...)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
12-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Yes, I posted this at almost the same time as the other thread and asked on that thread for an admin to combine the threads or eliminate this one. Glad people are paying attention to me. :-(

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
12-08-2015, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2015 09:16 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
We Heart you, WillHopp! Tongue

It wasn't meant as a slight against you, WH... I've fought over this issue in Facebook discussions until I got exhausted from it; I must have thought it was discussed here, where I would have ignored any other threads (being already-exhausted on the topic), as well.

[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
12-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Well, like I said, it was posted elsewhere here, too, in Atheism and Theism. Here is the link:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...eve-in-God

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2015, 09:33 PM
(12-08-2015 09:28 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Well, like I said, it was posted elsewhere here, too, in Atheism and Theism. Here is the link:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...eve-in-God

Whew! I'm not crazy after all!

Well, not for that reason, anyway... Dodgy

12-08-2015, 09:40 PM
RE: NFL player announces he doesn't believe in God / Foster comes out
Threads merged

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post