NPR: Trump's Plans for his first 100 Days

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2016, 06:19 PM
RE: NPR: Trump's Plans for his first 100 Days
An excellent list. I agree with all of them.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 06:28 PM
(09-11-2016 06:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  An excellent list. I agree with all of them.

Trolls gonna troll.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 7 users Like earmuffs's post
09-11-2016, 09:27 PM
(09-11-2016 05:49 PM)pablo Wrote:  Clean coal. Laugh out load

Clean coal...that one made me laugh too.

Didn't Oklahoma have a sizable earthquake recently?

Isn't it related to fracking?

I'm worried about our coastlines and off shore drilling. We're already over fishing....

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-11-2016, 01:37 AM
(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;

Good luck getting career politicians to pass that. Never going to happen, unless it's pressure from an overwhelming number of citizens. Like, protests across the nation, filling the streets, 1960's Civil Rights era level of protesting. This is nothing more than an empty promise.

(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);

Also pointless, as the Department of Defense and the Pentagon are already the largest spenders by a wide margin. It's like trying to go on a diet by giving up a cookie a day, but ignoring the whole cake and sheet of brownies you scarf down every day. Even if he could do it and does do it, it's a meaningless drop in the bucket if defense spending isn't curtailed.

(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

Also utterly stupid. If anything, it'll be an excuse to gut the EPA faster.

(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

The same lobbyists that helped him get elected? Yeah, not gonna happen. People will forget about it and it'll be swept under the rug, just another empty promise.

(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;

Empty promise. Even if this one does do through because of xenophobia, that's nothing compared our own homegrown corporate lobbyists.

(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

Same as above.

(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205

Trade war? Sure, why the fuck not?

(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership

The first thing I've seen here that I'd actually agree with, because I like the idea of international corporation having even more power less palatable than agreeing with the orangutan with a toupee.

(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator

Well, if you're going to start a Trade War, why not do so with our largest trade partner? Especially at the same time we're also picking fights with Canada and Mexico?

I mean, what could go wrong?

(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately

Empty promise. Trade unions have been gutted by Republicans for decades, and they no longer have the power they used to. He's going to bow to the real powers, and those are the corporations. This shit ain't happening, because it'll be 'bad for business', in that they'd be marginally less profitable.

(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

Who need alternative and sustainable energy sources when we can just continue raping the plant? Because fuck polar bears and our great-grand kids, right?

(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

Yep. More environmental rape. Not at all surprising from the Groper in Chief.

(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure.

You know that if we reigned in Defense Spending, we could keep fighting climate change AND rebuild our infrastructure, right?

(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama.

If they were unconstitutional, given the Senate and Houses utter animosity to Obama and the already conservative tilt of the Supreme Court, what the fuck does he think is there to find? If there was anything there that could have been overturned that way, they'd already have done it. More empty rhetoric to rile up his ignorant base.

(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Considering Scalia was pretty shit at it, I have little hope any of his nominations will be anything but another conservative activist judge that shits all over precedent.

(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities

He doesn't have that kind of punitive power.

(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back.

Who is going to pay for the creation of a few battalions worth of Stormtroopers to go around and round people up at gunpoint? What are we going to do with the children, American citizens themselves, who are now parentless because of this? Who'd going to volunteer to be the new $2 an hour day laborers, farmers, and nannies?

(09-11-2016 04:12 PM)Keen Wrote:  * FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

Vetting is already extreme. Plus, as POTUS he can already unilaterally control immigration quotas, and could easily create a new category (Muslim) and set it's quota to zero. Or just stop all immigration from Muslim heavy countries. He can totally do that.

But if he doesn't, or just passes it off with a hand wave and 'better vetting', then he'd once again be nothing but a bullshitter selling empty promises. It'll be interesting to see if he can actually deliver on the one thing he has near unilateral control over.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-11-2016, 02:47 AM
This is disturbing. I hope it's not true

https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...book-Share

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-11-2016, 02:51 AM
(10-11-2016 02:47 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This is disturbing. I hope it's not true

https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...book-Share

And we're fucked.

[Image: 3cd4c574db4569bd887e7ebce1dd4e5cab803059...37eb66.jpg]

Next he'd going to make Ken Ham the Secretary of Education so he can stat 'fixing' all of those pesky science text books. Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-11-2016, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 11:02 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(09-11-2016 06:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  An excellent list. I agree with all of them.

You would.
Some people have to learn things the hard way. You are obviously one of them
Trump is no Republican.
He hijacked your fractured Tea Party to gain power.
Clean coal .... hahahaha.
You're living in the ancient past.
He cannot take the US back to the 50's.
We survived the idiocy of Dubya Bush, and the HUGE recession he caused by allowing the housing crisis.
We will survive this also.

BTW, term limits, is the answer to nothing. It limits the ability of people to VOTE for whom they want. It solves nothing. It's a non-answer from those who have nothing else.
It also means that there's always a fresh crop of ROOKIES running the government.
It's a simplistic childish non-answer to complex problems.
Constitutional amendments take YEARS to pass all the states. The fact he would even put that in the 100 day plan just proves he has no plan and has no clue how things actually work.
He can institute tariffs ... they start trade wars. Go ahead.
He can do his immigration thing, but the fact is the US economy is totally dependent on their labor to function.
He can label China anything he wants, the fact is they hold trillions of dollars of US debt, which they could sell off. They financed the last recovery.
Florida is already flooding in the streets of Miami. I guess these fools need to be flooded OUT of their homes to believe the ocean is rising. Idiots. They will, no doubt expect other Americans to PAY their way out of their climate change skepticism.

Yeah .... this is gonna be fun to watch.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-11-2016, 07:50 AM
Parties should have term limits. The Democratic and Republican parties have both overstayed their welcome.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
10-11-2016, 07:54 AM
(09-11-2016 05:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well.. Republican house. Republican senate. Republican presidency (sorta). and Republican supreme court.

[Image: enhanced-24106-1435713394-1.png]

Exactly. We are fucked. Permanently fucked. Kill me now.
10-11-2016, 08:01 AM
Climate change skeptic = Head in sand delusional asshole.

They'll fuck shit up until it's too late to do anything about it. If we haven't reached that point already, that is.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post