NPR: Trump's Plans for his first 100 Days

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2016, 08:33 AM
RE: NPR: Trump's Plans for his first 100 Days
(10-11-2016 02:47 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This is disturbing. I hope it's not true

https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...book-Share

Facepalm

The only silver lining is that these guys will only be in power for 4 years...or so I hope. The planet will survive them.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
10-11-2016, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 08:45 AM by pablo.)
(10-11-2016 08:33 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 02:47 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This is disturbing. I hope it's not true

https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...book-Share

Facepalm

The only silver lining is that these guys will only be in power for 4 years...or so I hope. The planet will survive them.

This could be a big swing from protecting the environment, to increasing things that hurt the environment.
Hopefully you won't need your tanks to get through Miami. Tongue
10-11-2016, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 08:49 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
Quote: THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

I'm guessing this means "let's just arbitrarily pick two regulations to get rid of because we have a quota now." As long as they're not republican regulations, anyway. Also if a regulation like imposing term limits on Congress becomes, say, a year old, would you be able to get rid of that just because it's one of the two regulations, after a new regulation is put in place? Goddamn this is stupid. Oh right, it's a repub regulation so they won't care.
10-11-2016, 08:57 AM
(10-11-2016 08:40 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
Quote: THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

I'm guessing this means "let's just arbitrarily pick two regulations to get rid of because we have a quota now." As long as they're not republican regulations, anyway. Also if a regulation like imposing term limits on Congress becomes, say, a year old, would you be able to get rid of that just because it's one of the two regulations, after a new regulation is put in place? Goddamn this is stupid. Oh right, it's a repub regulation so they won't care.

You can't make a "regulation" imposing term limits. You need a constitutional amendment.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
10-11-2016, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2016 09:23 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
(10-11-2016 08:57 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 08:40 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I'm guessing this means "let's just arbitrarily pick two regulations to get rid of because we have a quota now." As long as they're not republican regulations, anyway. Also if a regulation like imposing term limits on Congress becomes, say, a year old, would you be able to get rid of that just because it's one of the two regulations, after a new regulation is put in place? Goddamn this is stupid. Oh right, it's a repub regulation so they won't care.

You can't make a "regulation" imposing term limits. You need a constitutional amendment.

And that would qualify as a federal regulation. Unless there's some very specific definition of what a federal regulation is. Anyway please demonstrate how imposing term limits on Congress wouldn't itself be a federal regulation. Is the first amendment not a federal regulation on what Congress can do?
10-11-2016, 10:24 AM
(10-11-2016 08:37 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 08:33 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Facepalm

This could be a big swing from protecting the environment, to increasing things that hurt the environment.
Hopefully you won't need your tanks to get through Miami. Tongue

I'm in the market for one of these "tanks" at the moment. Cool

[Image: lockheed-martin-amphibious-assault-vehicle.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post