NPR Tweets Decl. of Independence; Trump supporters don't recognize it and flip out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2017, 01:37 PM
RE: NPR Tweets Decl. of Independence; Trump supporters don't recognize it and flip out
(05-07-2017 12:11 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  Ignorance abounds in every color, age, lifestyle, educational accomplishments, gender, career, deity belief/non-belief... Oh, and political inclination.

Every watch those videos from California's "boardwalk" (name of the place escapes me right now)? Sometimes the fellow takes the camera to a local university.

Truly makes one shudder for the future when hearing the "blissful" ignorance of the populace.

Public education at its best.

Yeah, but that schtick has been around forever as entertainment.

If someone were to shove a microphone into your face and ask you questions you were completely unprepared to answer, you might sound just as stupid.

Also you don't know how many of those interviews end up on the cutting room floor...

Like what Ray Comfort does.

Unfortunately, people predisposed to believe the worst will not have to look far to find it. Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-07-2017, 01:40 PM
RE: NPR Tweets Decl. of Independence; Trump supporters don't recognize it and flip out
There is no bottom to the barrel of Drumpfuck stupidity.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
09-07-2017, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017 06:18 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
I think this is a case of people distrusting the mainstream media so much that they disagree with anything it says.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
09-07-2017, 07:44 PM
(09-07-2017 06:05 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I think this is a case of people distrusting the mainstream media so much that they disagree with anything it says.

Well, yes. Hopefully this incident will serve as a wake up to those who have been swallowing too much propaganda.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
[+] 1 user Likes Vivian Darkbloom's post
10-07-2017, 02:12 AM
Remind me again how Democracy is supposed to work with such a proudly ignorant populace?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-07-2017, 03:43 AM
(10-07-2017 02:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Remind me again how Democracy is supposed to work with such a proudly ignorant populace?

Same as it always has ... through dissatisfaction with the status quo.

Angel

The bigger question is ... is it still a democracy?

Consider

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
10-07-2017, 03:49 AM
(10-07-2017 03:43 AM)DLJ Wrote:  The bigger question is ... is it still a democracy?

No, it never really was.

Is it still a republic?

No.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-07-2017, 04:07 AM
Democracy and republic are not the same category.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
10-07-2017, 08:39 AM
(10-07-2017 03:43 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 02:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Remind me again how Democracy is supposed to work with such a proudly ignorant populace?

Same as it always has ... through dissatisfaction with the status quo.

Angel

The bigger question is ... is it still a democracy?

Consider

It was only ever a proctocracy.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
10-07-2017, 10:57 AM
To be fair, the guy they voted for doesn't know what the Declaration of Independence nor the Constitution say either. It's just unreasonable to expect them to know these things. And it's even more unreasonable to expect them to behave rationally, logically, or intelligently when confronted with facts if those facts don't come from a Trump-approved medium. Duh!

/s (in the event that isn't painfully fucking obvious)

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post