NPR Tweets Decl. of Independence; Trump supporters don't recognize it and flip out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2017, 11:20 AM
RE: NPR Tweets Decl. of Independence; Trump supporters don't recognize it and flip out
(09-07-2017 06:05 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I think this is a case of people distrusting the mainstream media so much that they disagree with anything it says.
Because they have been told to distrust it by people like Alex Jones, Donald T.rump, etc. They're not smart enough to make up their own mind.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2017, 11:32 AM
RE: NPR Tweets Decl. of Independence; Trump supporters don't recognize it and flip out
(10-07-2017 11:20 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(09-07-2017 06:05 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I think this is a case of people distrusting the mainstream media so much that they disagree with anything it says.
Because they have been told to distrust it by people like Alex Jones, Donald T.rump, etc. They're not smart enough to make up their own mind.

It is a classic tactic of Authoritarians, sow distrust of the media, claim only you provide truth and anything that contradicts you is fake news.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-07-2017, 01:00 PM
(10-07-2017 11:32 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 11:20 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Because they have been told to distrust it by people like Alex Jones, Donald T.rump, etc. They're not smart enough to make up their own mind.

It is a classic tactic of Authoritarians, sow distrust of the media, claim only you provide truth and anything that contradicts you is fake news.

It's called the FUD factor. Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. Hitler used it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
10-07-2017, 01:10 PM
I re-read the Declaration of Independence yesterday. I'd read it in college but now that I've read it again I have a greater appreciation for what the founding fathers....with a lot of women's support....were trying to accomplish. It's really one of the greatest documents in human history.

When I read it it made me cry, and I mean tears running down my face, because I almost feel as if these men wrote it for nothing now. Because with trump in the White House he's turned the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution into nothing but a travesty. I don't think there's been any previous president who didn't have the greatest respect for these two documents and who didn't know what, when, why and how it was written. Even George Bush, in a Ken Burns documentary, waxed poetic about the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution and knew what they said and could quote passages from these documents by heart. I didn't like George Bush but, my gawd, he wasn't a traitor.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-07-2017, 01:51 PM
NPR Tweets Decl. of Ind. Trump supporters don't recognize it and flip out
H.L. Mencken in 1921 recognized the language of the Declaration was incomprehensible to the present day American, so he rewrote it in contemporary American. That was almost a century ago - it may be time for some new author to rewrite Mencken's draft into reality TV vernacular - but the concepts espoused may be impossible to convey in reality TV vernacular. It's why trump is in the chair he occupies instead of someone worthy of that chair.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post