NRA Backed bill in LA Results in a Felon Released for gun possetion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2013, 10:16 PM
NRA Backed bill in LA Results in a Felon Released for gun possetion
For those that claim the NRA is not a political organization who's goals are in the benefit of society. Check this out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/10...16114.html

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/03/...-louisiana

Thats right a convicted felon found in possession of an AK and a loaded 40 caliber hand gun was set free because of the NRA backed new gun law in La was released from jail because a Judge decided it was unconstitutional to deny him that right under the new statute.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2013, 10:22 PM
RE: NRA Backed bill in LA Results in a Felon Released for gun possetion
That's up to the judge. It will likely be overruled.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
10-04-2013, 10:29 PM
(10-04-2013 10:22 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  That's up to the judge. It will likely be overruled.

It could go either way actually. If the La supreme court rules that this Judge was right then it would retroactively overturn every conviction by a felon of gun possession.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-04-2013, 10:50 PM
O.K. so I'm not against owning guns (since I got a few), but tell me I'm not the only gun owner that thinks allowing FELONS to carry firearms just might be a bad idea!! Did you see that comment on the top link, I think it was? "anti-gun liberal's tears so delicious" You haven't been to JAIL you fucking idiot!!!! Sure some felonies are worse than others but FFS, really? "I got a right to defend myself, what if the bad guy has a gun?" You gave it to him FuckFace!!!!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
10-04-2013, 11:07 PM
I don't know a single gun owner who advocates letting felons own guns. And I highly doubt the NRA wants that to happen either. Either this judge is an absolute idiot, or he's anti-gun and doing this as a passive-aggressive "Fuck you!" to the NRA.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
11-04-2013, 12:33 AM
(10-04-2013 11:07 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I don't know a single gun owner who advocates letting felons own guns.

I own three guns.

There are myriad felonies one can commit with neither a gun, nor a victim. Many of those people are denied the right to own a weapon even though they have no history of violent or belligerent behavior. Likewise they are denied other rights simply because they did something that someone else didn't like. In no uncertain terms, those people are treated the same way the US government treated blacks up until the middle of the twentieth century.

How is that just?

For something as innocuous as mailing few prescription pills to a sick relative, across an invisible line on a map, this is what you would call justifiable restitution?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Does this Louisiana law give EVERY felon a right to own firearms? If so, bad law. Obviously, I'm not worried about the guy who got stopped over a broken tail light, & caught with a joint in the glove box!

11-04-2013, 03:07 AM
(11-04-2013 12:46 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Does this Louisiana law give EVERY felon a right to own firearms? If so, bad law. Obviously, I'm not worried about the guy who got stopped over a broken tail light, & caught with a joint in the glove box!

Well the guy in this case was convicted of felony burglary charges so yeah it would apply to any felon if upheld.

11-04-2013, 05:31 AM
Well, there are felonies and there are felonies, as others have pointed out.

I am not a fan of absolute laws that don't allow for redress or judicial review.

A felony conviction should trigger a rational evaluation process for the individual.

Violent felons allowed to have guns? Very bad idea.

Non-violent felons? Depends.

We take away people's legal right to operate motor vehicles, we can take away legal right to possess firearms.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2013, 06:00 AM
Re: NRA Backed bill in LA Results in a Felon Released for gun possetion
Well this really isn't anything new in any type of crime.

Plus I think your giving the NRA too much credit here. They arnt THAT good.