NRA Singles out Australian Anti-gun laws

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2015, 04:02 AM
NRA Singles out Australian Anti-gun laws
There's a bit of excitement in Australian facebook circles over a recent NRA article gloating over the author's autoerotic fantasy that Australians will die bloody deaths due to our enacting basic firearms restrictions about a decade ago.

Here is a response by one of our satirical sources:
Quote:American lobby group the National Rifle Association has singled out Australia's strict firearm laws for harsh criticism, saying that Australians have surrendered their God-given freedom to massacre each other with speed and precision.

In an article called 'Australia: There Will be Blood,' the NRA laments that John Howard's 1996 buyback scheme left many homicidal Aussies with few options to enact their horrific urges.

"It's absolutely disgraceful that Australians seeking to commit murder have been reduced to using knives, a weapon for children, or their own two hands like filthy animals," said the editorial. "In many cases, killers have had to abandon slaying groups of innocents altogether.

Full article here: http://www.sbs.com.au/comedy/article/201...-shootings

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
14-07-2015, 04:53 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2015 05:00 AM by Free Thought.)
RE: NRA Singles out Australian Anti-gun laws
(14-07-2015 04:02 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  There's a bit of excitement in Australian facebook circles over a recent NRA article gloating over the author's autoerotic fantasy that Australians will die bloody deaths due to our enacting basic firearms restrictions about a decade ago.

Here is a response by one of our satirical sources:
Quote:American lobby group the National Rifle Association has singled out Australia's strict firearm laws for harsh criticism, saying that Australians have surrendered their God-given freedom to massacre each other with speed and precision.

In an article called 'Australia: There Will be Blood,' the NRA laments that John Howard's 1996 buyback scheme left many homicidal Aussies with few options to enact their horrific urges.

"It's absolutely disgraceful that Australians seeking to commit murder have been reduced to using knives, a weapon for children, or their own two hands like filthy animals," said the editorial. "In many cases, killers have had to abandon slaying groups of innocents altogether.

Full article here: http://www.sbs.com.au/comedy/article/201...-shootings

I tried to find the NRA's polemic, but all I could find were articles about it...

But, the NRA was partially right about one thing from the various quotes I was able to piece together: Australia has paid a price for our gun laws, but it was not our 'liberties'. We had to pay a toll to get what we have now, and it was the lives of 35 people with which we finally paid.

Besides, it just shows the ignorance of the NRA member who said it: you can still own guns here. You just need a legitimate reason, a clean background, a corresponding licence for weapons class, have a secure thing to keep them in and disassemble the things when you take them anywhere.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-07-2015, 05:22 AM
(14-07-2015 04:53 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  ...
Besides, it just shows the ignorance of the NRA member who said it: you can still own guns here. You just need a legitimate reason, a clean background, a corresponding licence for weapons class, have a secure thing to keep them in and disassemble the things when you take them anywhere.

Yabut, it was not policy (limits/restrictions) that changed the culture it was, as you say, the shock of Port Arthur.

The US seems to be only fleetingly shocked by their regular outrages.

The difference is that Oz does not have a fear-culture, which given the sheer number of different deadlinesses there, is somewhat surprising.

[Image: 24cb44b8e8cd093bedeeadb766badd47.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
14-07-2015, 06:08 AM
I think this is the original article: http://www.donotlink.com/fwwg

I think the title set the storm off more than the content of the article.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
14-07-2015, 06:23 AM
(14-07-2015 06:08 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I think this is the original article: http://www.donotlink.com/fwwg

I think the title set the storm off more than the content of the article.

Quote:seizing firearms from law-abiding citizens—leaving them helpless against the attentions of armed criminals.

Yup... stoking the embers on two fronts ... government and criminals.

As I said ... fear-culture.

Facepalm