NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
24-06-2016, 02:47 PM
NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.
If everything worked as rosy as they claim then why do we see so much gun death and violence on the news?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
24-06-2016, 03:27 PM
RE: NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.
I'm fairly neutral on this subject, but I will note that statistically, the number of gun deaths per capita in the US declined significantly in the late 1990s, and has remained steady ever since. Suicides have gone up slightly, homicides have gone down slightly.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...-edges-up/

People seem to have the perception that things are escalating, but this may have more to do with the "information explosion" than any "gun violence explosion". Every time someone gets shot these days, the whole world hears about it almost instantly. If there is a "gun violence problem" in the US (and I'm not saying there isn't), it is nothing new -- it has been with us for a long time, and was actually quite a bit worse 25 years ago than it is now.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
24-06-2016, 03:35 PM
(24-06-2016 02:47 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  If everything worked as rosy as they claim then why do we see so much gun death and violence on the news?

Crazy people.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
24-06-2016, 03:53 PM
(24-06-2016 02:47 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  If everything worked as rosy as they claim then why do we see so much gun death and violence on the news?

I don't know. I think our society should do some research to find out. But here's why we won't.

It's almost as if the NRA doesn't want us to know what effect guns have in our culture. Weird.

24-06-2016, 03:57 PM
(24-06-2016 03:53 PM)I Am Wrote:  

I don't know. I think our society should do some research to find out. But here's why we won't.

It's almost as if the NRA doesn't want us to know what effect guns have in our culture. Weird.

No, it isn't that we won't. I hate that bullshit fatalistic "what can you do". The NRA is holding us hostage, I agree. But blacks were once slaves and women couldn't vote in America and that did change. So if anyone wants to claim the NRA is too powerful, FUCK THEM.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
24-06-2016, 04:01 PM
(24-06-2016 03:57 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 03:53 PM)I Am Wrote:  I don't know. I think our society should do some research to find out. But here's why we won't.

No, it isn't that we won't. I hate that bullshit fatalistic "what can you do". The NRA is holding us hostage, I agree. But blacks were once slaves and women couldn't vote in America and that did change. So if anyone wants to claim the NRA is too powerful, FUCK THEM.

Quite right, "won't" is not the right word. But the NRA is a big part of why we *haven't* done research like that yet.
24-06-2016, 04:09 PM
(24-06-2016 04:01 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 03:57 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  No, it isn't that we won't. I hate that bullshit fatalistic "what can you do". The NRA is holding us hostage, I agree. But blacks were once slaves and women couldn't vote in America and that did change. So if anyone wants to claim the NRA is too powerful, FUCK THEM.

Quite right, "won't" is not the right word. But the NRA is a big part of why we *haven't* done research like that yet.
The result would be bad for them, so they don't allow the rest of the country to know what's actually going on. This is exactly the kind of "shadow government" thing the gunners claim to be against.

This would make a really silly movie if anybody tried to put it on the big screen.
24-06-2016, 04:40 PM
I still hear you whining like a little girl.

I've yet to hear how you're going to restrict a free and legal market..........

But, I suppose I'm being unreasonable -- expecting you to have a solution....

You're just a little girl....

whining...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
24-06-2016, 04:54 PM
(24-06-2016 04:40 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I still hear you whining like a little girl.

I've yet to hear how you're going to restrict a free and legal market..........

But, I suppose I'm being unreasonable -- expecting you to have a solution....

You're just a little girl....

whining...

Fuck off moron. You are trying to equate regulation to an all out ban. Nobody is trying to ban all guns so stop even winking secretly at that implication which is what you fuckwads always try to imply.

The only whiner here is you. Only an insecure dick needs a weapon to spread ideas.

24-06-2016, 05:01 PM
I believe that people have an intrinsic right to self defense and that means in this day and age, like it or not, firearms.....that said fuck the NRA. They talk and talk and talk about how they are a champion of the people's rights to own firearms and they go on and on and on about it but every time it comes down to them acting in the interests of gun owners and gun manufacturers......the manufacturers always win out.

They are a corporate lobby and don't give a piss about gun owners.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post