NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
28-06-2016, 05:10 PM
RE: NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.
(28-06-2016 04:31 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 04:21 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They will prove that honest, law abiding citizens follow the rules, and criminal fucks, do not........

Facepalm

OH FUCK OFF....... No more of this bullshit. This isn't about punishing anyone you stupid dumbfuck! This is about having better vetting to insure people who have them wont go on to hurt others. Legal at time of buy is not stopping our gun violence problem. It isn't just "criminals" it is gun injury in the home, suicide in the home, domestic murder. Most gun injuries and deaths are IN THE FUCKING HOME YOU FUCKWAD.

So you don't give one shit that the Virginia Tech shooter fell through the cracks? He had no record at the time of his buy, neither did the Orlando shooter.

NO AND FUCK YOU no more bullshit dodges.

You are buying into fear and because of your bullshit paranoia 86 people a day die from gun use on average. If you find that acceptable, you are one sick individual.

86 people a day die from guns, that's pretty accurate.

But let's be honest. 2/3 of those are suicides. Suicides will occur with or without guns. (Just look at Japan. No guns, similar suicide rate).

So about 30 homicides a day by guns. And a few random accidents thrown in. Want to take a guess where most of those 30 homicides a day take place? Bet they aren't happening at NRA meetings or gun shops. I'll bet most murders by gun are drug/gang related. You'll never stop those kinds of murders anyway.

According to the Violence Policy Center, only half of domestic violence murders were by firearm. So if someone plans on killing their spouse, and they don't have a gun, they just find another way.

Guns are a tool. If we outlawed guns, even 100%, we probably wouldn't see a very big drop in death by suicide, or drug/gang murders, or domestic violence death.

People will just find another way to kill themselves, gang bangers will still have guns because they won't follow the law any way, and domestic abusers will just use a baseball bat or knife like the other 50% do.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
28-06-2016, 05:13 PM
(28-06-2016 05:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 04:31 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  OH FUCK OFF....... No more of this bullshit. This isn't about punishing anyone you stupid dumbfuck! This is about having better vetting to insure people who have them wont go on to hurt others. Legal at time of buy is not stopping our gun violence problem. It isn't just "criminals" it is gun injury in the home, suicide in the home, domestic murder. Most gun injuries and deaths are IN THE FUCKING HOME YOU FUCKWAD.

So you don't give one shit that the Virginia Tech shooter fell through the cracks? He had no record at the time of his buy, neither did the Orlando shooter.

NO AND FUCK YOU no more bullshit dodges.

You are buying into fear and because of your bullshit paranoia 86 people a day die from gun use on average. If you find that acceptable, you are one sick individual.

86 people a day die from guns, that's pretty accurate.

But let's be honest. 2/3 of those are suicides. Suicides will occur with or without guns. (Just look at Japan. No guns, similar suicide rate).

So about 30 homicides a day by guns. And a few random accidents thrown in. Want to take a guess where most of those 30 homicides a day take place? Bet they aren't happening at NRA meetings or gun shops. I'll bet most murders by gun are drug/gang related. You'll never stop those kinds of murders anyway.

According to the Violence Policy Center, only half of domestic violence murders were by firearm. So if someone plans on killing their spouse, and they don't have a gun, they just find another way.

Guns are a tool. If we outlawed guns, even 100%, we probably wouldn't see a very big drop in death by suicide, or drug/gang murders, or domestic violence death.

People will just find another way to kill themselves, gang bangers will still have guns because they won't follow the law any way, and domestic abusers will just use a baseball bat or knife like the other 50% do.

No no more bullshit dodges. "Other bad shit happens so do nothing about gun deaths".... Nope not buying it.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-06-2016, 05:38 PM
NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.
(28-06-2016 05:13 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  No no more bullshit dodges. "Other bad shit happens so do nothing about gun deaths".... Nope not buying it.

You certainly don't bring any solutions to the table.
28-06-2016, 06:59 PM
(28-06-2016 05:38 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 05:13 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  No no more bullshit dodges. "Other bad shit happens so do nothing about gun deaths".... Nope not buying it.

You certainly don't bring any solutions to the table.

He never has....

Long on bitching, pissing and moaning ---

real short on solutions....................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-06-2016, 07:14 PM
(28-06-2016 12:41 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  No fucking way. My good friend, Whiskey Debates, does not make obvious mistakes like that. Nobody is smarter than Whiskey Debunks.

You, Lord Dark Dick Head, are an idiot. You do not deserve to even be in a discussion with Whiskey Debunks.
Shut up shithead. As I've said before I couldn't care less about your opinion and that goes double for you trying to tell other people what my opinion is.Drinking Beverage

Just because I think your a fucking idiot doesn't mean I think everyone else here is. I happen to know that Dark Lord Helmet is not only NOT an idiot but a well spoken and respected member of the community.

So yes, do shut up darling, let the adults talk.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
28-06-2016, 08:03 PM
(28-06-2016 11:44 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The poll you link to is completely fabricated. Whoever conducted it did it with malicious intent.
I see no evidence of that so I'm going to have to ask for evidence sir, as it's findings seem consistent with other polls on the subject:
Here
here
Here
Here
Here

Similar claims have been been determined "True" by Politifact.com.

I see no evidence of fabrication, or malicious intent. I'm happy to be proven wrong though.

(28-06-2016 11:44 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Every time a pro background check candidate is on the ballot, they've lost. NRA members have the option to change the NRA's position if they really wanted it by electing these pro background check people but it never happens. We've had pro background check candidates laughed out of meetings. I attend local NRA meetings and the annual convention. There has never been a major call to change the official NRA position.
Well that is at odds a bit with the Congressional testimony from NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre in 1999 where he stated:
"We think it’s reasonable to provide mandatory instant criminal background checks for every sale at every gun show. No loopholes anywhere for anyone. "That means closing the Hinckley loophole so the records of those adjudicated mentally ill are in the system. This isn’t new, or a change of position, or a concession. I’ve been on the record on this point consistently, from our national meeting in Denver, to paid national ads and positions papers, to news interviews and press appearances."

So it seems like the NRA's position HAS changed on the subject of background checks and to one that is not inline with the views of the majority of gun owners, if the multitude of independent polls above is any indicator, in America which the NRA claims to represent.

(28-06-2016 11:44 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The majority of NRA funding comes from membership and member donations, not gun manufacturers.
Again, I've never said anything to the contrary.

(28-06-2016 11:44 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If 72% of convention attendees walked into the convention and demanded background checks, it would happen. .......If that poll was correct, things would change. It's completely bogus.
In 2014 Congress had a peak approval rating of 14.4% and as low as 10%, but an re-election rate of 95%. While I'll agree that it seems on the surface that if the poll was correct that real change would happen....it's just not the case in reality. Those elected tend to stay elected.

28-06-2016, 08:25 PM
(28-06-2016 08:03 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  In 2014 Congress had a peak approval rating of 14.4% and as low as 10%, but an re-election rate of 95%. While I'll agree that it seems on the surface that if the poll was correct that real change would happen....it's just not the case in reality. Those elected tend to stay elected.

That one is pretty easy to explain. Everyone hates everyone else's representatives, but their approval ratings are high where it counts. Among their own constituents.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
28-06-2016, 08:43 PM
(28-06-2016 04:31 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  OH FUCK OFF....... No more of this bullshit. This isn't about punishing anyone you stupid dumbfuck!
He didn't say that it was.....

(28-06-2016 04:31 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  It isn't just "criminals" it is gun injury in the home, suicide in the home, domestic murder. Most gun injuries and deaths are IN THE FUCKING HOME YOU FUCKWAD.
Background checks would really only stop people with violent backgrounds from getting a gun legally if past offenses would preclude them from owning a gun so they are not likely to reduce injury at home, suicides, or really even domestic murders to be honest (given the nature of most domestic homicides).

(28-06-2016 04:31 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  NO AND FUCK YOU no more bullshit dodges.
Excuse me Brian but I've made a couple of posts now that were reasonable and well sourced and you have completely ignored them for 4 days now so i think maybe calling other people out on being dodgy or evasive is maybe not the best choice for this thread.

(28-06-2016 04:31 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  You are buying into fear and because of your bullshit paranoia 86 people a day die from gun use on average. If you find that acceptable, you are one sick individual.
I don't think he has every implied that he find that acceptable so lets shy away from trying to assume what other people think about a statistic OK? I think he has made the point a couple times that he wants actual solutions not more of "do nothing/ feel good laws". I'm personally not a fan emotionally fueled knee jerk responses of doing something just to do something. Nor am I a fan of arguments from emotion, or taking a single data point and arguing from that.

I happen to think that a good bit can be done to strengthen background checks, despite being what most of America would view as "pro-gun" to a degree. That said neither one of you really seem interested in actual debate so maybe I'm in the wrong thread.

28-06-2016, 08:54 PM
(28-06-2016 08:25 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 08:03 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  In 2014 Congress had a peak approval rating of 14.4% and as low as 10%, but an re-election rate of 95%. While I'll agree that it seems on the surface that if the poll was correct that real change would happen....it's just not the case in reality. Those elected tend to stay elected.

That one is pretty easy to explain. Everyone hates everyone else's representatives, but their approval ratings are high where it counts. Among their own constituents.
There is a great deal of literature of the "Incumbency Effect" and it has a lot to do with name recognition and other factors. It's actually rather interesting if your into that kinda stuff. Only 69% of congressmen have an approve rating above 50% with their constituents, but the reelection rate is 96%.

28-06-2016, 09:05 PM
(28-06-2016 05:13 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 05:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  86 people a day die from guns, that's pretty accurate.

No no more bullshit dodges. "Other bad shit happens so do nothing about gun deaths".... Nope not buying it.
Fuck me, that's a strawman. Please feel free to point out where he said "so do nothing about gun deaths". Highlight it if you would be so kind.