NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
29-06-2016, 10:20 AM
RE: NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.
(29-06-2016 06:33 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  On top of cop trainer Pete Blair director of ALERRT, who has said that a civilian stopping an active shooter successfully with a gun, is only 3% of the time.

And that's an amazing number - considering most "ACTIVE SHOOTERS" operate in "gun free zones" ---- which of course are only observed by law abiding citizens..........

But a more clear and concise figure -- is 99 percent of "active shooters" are taken down by a person with a gun.....

Now - I know you must subscribe to the theory that government workers are sprinkled with fairy dust that gives them magical powers to never make mistakes (oddly enough, I seem to remember you bitching about cops killing civilians) ---- and that a "dumbass civilian" can't be trusted to do much more than stand in line to have their asses wiped............. So I gotta wonder ---

So tell me, old wise one --- how exactly do you want these "active shooters" to be handled??? Are you going to plead with them -- or are you just going to wait for them to run out of ammunition?????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2016, 10:29 AM
(29-06-2016 10:17 AM)KUSA Wrote:  A gun is easier to use than a machete or baseball bat.

I'm not so sure about that. I played baseball and softball for years, and could probably hit a person easier than I could hit a ball (discounting psychological factors). I have never fired a gun, and I'm told that requires some training. Just buying a gun doesn't make me an expert marksman. I'll concede that a gun, properly used by a person with proper training, is more effective than a baseball bat or machete. But easier to use? I'm not convinced.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
29-06-2016, 10:30 AM
(29-06-2016 10:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 06:33 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  On top of cop trainer Pete Blair director of ALERRT, who has said that a civilian stopping an active shooter successfully with a gun, is only 3% of the time.

And that's an amazing number - considering most "ACTIVE SHOOTERS" operate in "gun free zones" ---- which of course are only observed by law abiding citizens..........

But a more clear and concise figure -- is 99 percent of "active shooters" are taken down by a person with a gun.....

Now - I know you must subscribe to the theory that government workers are sprinkled with fairy dust that gives them magical powers to never make mistakes (oddly enough, I seem to remember you bitching about cops killing civilians) ---- and that a "dumbass civilian" can't be trusted to do much more than stand in line to have their asses wiped............. So I gotta wonder ---

So tell me, old wise one --- how exactly do you want these "active shooters" to be handled??? Are you going to plead with them -- or are you just going to wait for them to run out of ammunition?????

Gun Lunatics like claiming all or even most shootings are in gun free zones but of course that is bullshit. Most shootings are in private homes not gun free zone.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
29-06-2016, 10:35 AM
(29-06-2016 10:30 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 10:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And that's an amazing number - considering most "ACTIVE SHOOTERS" operate in "gun free zones" ---- which of course are only observed by law abiding citizens..........

Gun Lunatics like claiming all or even most shootings are in gun free zones but of course that is bullshit. Most shootings are in private homes not gun free zone.

OK... Let's rewind here.... YOU were talking about "Active shooters" being taken down only three percent of the time by a civilian...... I say "it's in gun free zones" --- NOW you want to pretend you were talking about ALL shootings..................

ERRRRRNNNNNTTT !!! Wrong answer ...

Changing scenarios and qualifications and expecting nobody will notice is truely a skill best practiced by sleazy politicians...

It's no wonder you love Hillary so much.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-06-2016, 10:51 AM
(29-06-2016 10:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 10:30 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Gun Lunatics like claiming all or even most shootings are in gun free zones but of course that is bullshit. Most shootings are in private homes not gun free zone.

OK... Let's rewind here.... YOU were talking about "Active shooters" being taken down only three percent of the time by a civilian...... I say "it's in gun free zones" --- NOW you want to pretend you were talking about ALL shootings..................

ERRRRRNNNNNTTT !!! Wrong answer ...

Changing scenarios and qualifications and expecting nobody will notice is truely a skill best practiced by sleazy politicians...

It's no wonder you love Hillary so much.....

I was talking about nothing that was my first post in this thread (or in any gun thread in quite a while) and guess what sonnyjim you are still fucking wrong (shocking I know from a man who gets his fact checking from his morning bms) Gun free zone shootings are not a majority of anything let alone mass shootings so kindly go fuck yourself with that pristine helmet you won't wear.

Quote:“Gun-free” Zones

Ninety-four of the 133 incidents (71%) took place wholly in private residences. Of the 38 incidents in public spaces, at least 21 took place wholly or in part where concealed guns could be lawfully carried. All told, no more than 17 of the shootings (13%) took place entirely in public spaces that were so-called “gun-free zones.”

Now as you so like to harp on other people stop being a waste of O2 and propose a solution you knuckle dragging neanderthal.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-06-2016, 10:55 AM
NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.
(29-06-2016 10:29 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm not so sure about that. I played baseball and softball for years, and could probably hit a person easier than I could hit a ball (discounting psychological factors).
So you have had extensive training with a baseball bat. That's wonderful!
Quote:I have never fired a gun
[Image: 40aa16396091625b81234482fa8163ca.jpg]

Quote:, and I'm told that requires some training.
It takes a bit of training. The amount depends on the gun and what the owners wants to do with it. For home defense the training doesn't take long at all. Once someone is familiar with the weapon, it is ridiculously easy to point and pull the trigger. Even an old lady can do it.

Quote:Just buying a gun doesn't make me an expert marksman.
And just buying a baseball bat doesn't make me a major league star.
Quote:I'll concede that a gun, properly used by a person with proper training, is more effective than a baseball bat or machete. But easier to use? I'm not convinced.
How can you be convinced when you have never used a firearm?
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
29-06-2016, 11:23 AM

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
29-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Another quick point about guns being "easy to use": This wouldn't be an issue for me, since I live alone, but if you have children, I sincerely hope your guns are locked up and/or unloaded. In any kind of emergency, that would make them just a bit less "easy to use".
29-06-2016, 11:36 AM
(29-06-2016 11:29 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Another quick point about guns being "easy to use": This wouldn't be an issue for me, since I live alone, but if you have children, I sincerely hope your guns are locked up and/or unloaded. In any kind of emergency, that would make them just a bit less "easy to use".

If they're ready for immediate use they're not safe. If they're safe they're not ready for immediate use.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
29-06-2016, 11:42 AM
(29-06-2016 10:17 AM)KUSA Wrote:  A gun is easier to use than a machete or baseball bat.
Can I infer from this comment that if a home invader attacked you with a machete or a baseball bat, you'd be more than happy to shoot to kill?

Quote:Can you quote me how many home invasions or aggravated burglaries involved the perpetrator carrying a firearm or using it to kill a home owner?

It really doesn't matter if they have a gun of their own. They may have a knife or be a black belt in karate. The gun gives the homeowner the advantage that is needed.
So you can't cite any statistics that indicate the number of perpetrators carrying/utilising firearms? Why is this?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.