NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
29-06-2016, 12:03 PM
RE: NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.
Quote:It really doesn't matter if they have a gun of their own. They may have a knife or be a black belt in karate. The gun gives the homeowner the advantage that is needed.
And if they have their own gun a fire fight can break out in the person's home.

I love the way ardent gunners paint pictures that give the "advantage" to the "good guy with a gun" to the exclusion of other scenarios.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
29-06-2016, 12:23 PM
(29-06-2016 11:36 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 11:29 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Another quick point about guns being "easy to use": This wouldn't be an issue for me, since I live alone, but if you have children, I sincerely hope your guns are locked up and/or unloaded. In any kind of emergency, that would make them just a bit less "easy to use".

If they're ready for immediate use they're not safe. If they're safe they're not ready for immediate use.
This is an excellent point. In Australia, any/all home firearms must by law be locked in a steel gun safe affixed to the wall or floor, with its ammunition stored in a separate locked compartment. So...

"Hang on a second Mr Home Invader; I've gotta go get my gun outta the safe, and get its ammo too. Berightback." Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
29-06-2016, 12:40 PM
(29-06-2016 11:29 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Another quick point about guns being "easy to use": This wouldn't be an issue for me, since I live alone, but if you have children, I sincerely hope your guns are locked up and/or unloaded. In any kind of emergency, that would make them just a bit less "easy to use".

If they're ready for immediate use they're not safe. If they're safe they're not ready for immediate use.

Yeah -- guns jump out and attack people, all by themselves on a regular basis.........

on your planet..........

A loaded gun is perfectly safe - as long as it's left alone by untrained, ignorant people, such as yourself....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-06-2016, 12:48 PM
(29-06-2016 12:40 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 11:36 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  If they're ready for immediate use they're not safe. If they're safe they're not ready for immediate use.

Yeah -- guns jump out and attack people, all by themselves on a regular basis.........

on your planet..........

A loaded gun is perfectly safe - as long as it's left alone by untrained, ignorant people, such as yourself....
Still flinging poo instead of posting? Good, more screenshots.
29-06-2016, 12:56 PM

I keep mine locked up if they are not with me.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
29-06-2016, 01:02 PM
(29-06-2016 11:42 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Can I infer from this comment that if a home invader attacked you with a machete or a baseball bat, you'd be more than happy to shoot to kill?
If I felt threatened regardless of what weapon they had I would shoot the person. Happiness has nothing to do with it. I wouldn't be happy having an invader in my house.

Quote:So you can't cite any statistics that indicate the number of perpetrators carrying/utilising firearms? Why is this?

I could but I don't really care to do so. I don't see what the point is.
29-06-2016, 01:03 PM
(29-06-2016 12:56 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 11:36 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  If they're ready for immediate use they're not safe. If they're safe they're not ready for immediate use.

Yakherder does the same. Isn't that just like common sense? The ones who don't see that as like just common sense are the ones that worry me.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
29-06-2016, 01:06 PM
(29-06-2016 12:03 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  And if they have their own gun a fire fight can break out in the person's home.

It's possible but more likely the invader would be shot and killed.
29-06-2016, 01:07 PM
(29-06-2016 01:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 12:56 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I keep mine locked up if they are not with me.

Yakherder does the same. Isn't that just like common sense? The ones who don't see that as like just common sense are the ones that worry me.

Even the best child snoops around. I don't give my kids the opportunity to find a firearm.
29-06-2016, 01:13 PM
(29-06-2016 12:56 PM)KUSA Wrote:  

So they're not for home defense then?