NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
29-06-2016, 01:14 PM
RE: NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.
(29-06-2016 01:06 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 12:03 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  And if they have their own gun a fire fight can break out in the person's home.

It's possible but more likely the invader would be shot and killed.

You're in bed, asleep. Some goon slips into your house, sneaks into your bed room and gently prods your forehead with a gun. You then get up and go find your gun... Oh, wait. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
29-06-2016, 01:14 PM
(29-06-2016 01:07 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yakherder does the same. Isn't that just like common sense? The ones who don't see that as like just common sense are the ones that worry me.

Even the best child snoops around. I don't give my kids the opportunity to find a firearm.

So er... when your armed and dangerous (this is Murika!) home invader rocks up you're gonna ask him to wait 5 minutes while you unlock the gun cabinet? Sounds a bit reckless to me.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
29-06-2016, 01:22 PM
(29-06-2016 11:23 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  

https://youtu.be/CquUBWHU2_s
29-06-2016, 01:24 PM
(29-06-2016 01:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  So er... when your armed and dangerous (this is Murika!) home invader rocks up you're gonna ask him to wait 5 minutes while you unlock the gun cabinet? Sounds a bit reckless to me.

Nope. The gun is with me.

I always have at least one gun with me.
29-06-2016, 01:37 PM
(29-06-2016 01:24 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  So er... when your armed and dangerous (this is Murika!) home invader rocks up you're gonna ask him to wait 5 minutes while you unlock the gun cabinet? Sounds a bit reckless to me.

Nope. The gun is with me.

I always have at least one gun with me.

A level of paranoia that is terrifying to contemplate. This is a better America?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-06-2016, 01:39 PM
(29-06-2016 10:51 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 10:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  OK... Let's rewind here.... YOU were talking about "Active shooters" being taken down only three percent of the time by a civilian...... I say "it's in gun free zones" --- NOW you want to pretend you were talking about ALL shootings..................

ERRRRRNNNNNTTT !!! Wrong answer ...

Changing scenarios and qualifications and expecting nobody will notice is truely a skill best practiced by sleazy politicians...

It's no wonder you love Hillary so much.....

I was talking about nothing that was my first post in this thread (or in any gun thread in quite a while) and guess what sonnyjim you are still fucking wrong (shocking I know from a man who gets his fact checking from his morning bms) Gun free zone shootings are not a majority of anything let alone mass shootings so kindly go fuck yourself with that pristine helmet you won't wear.

Quote:“Gun-free” Zones

Ninety-four of the 133 incidents (71%) took place wholly in private residences. Of the 38 incidents in public spaces, at least 21 took place wholly or in part where concealed guns could be lawfully carried. All told, no more than 17 of the shootings (13%) took place entirely in public spaces that were so-called “gun-free zones.”

Now as you so like to harp on other people stop being a waste of O2 and propose a solution you knuckle dragging neanderthal.

That list is pretty biased. I've pointed this out when it's been posted before. For example, when a shooting occurred on a public street in California in the middle of the night during a drug deal, they claim it wasn't a gun free zone because anyone with a California concealed carry permit could have stopped the shooting. While not technically a gun free zone, it's nearly impossible for someone to get a concealed weapon permit in California. And the chance that someone that did have one would be there to stop a shooting during a drug deal in the middle of the night in a bad neighborhood isn't very likely. Additionally, in a domestic violence situation, it's highly unlikely that a wife or one of the children are carrying a gun in self defense inside a private residence. Their list is full of scenarios like that.

Instead of "mass shooting" I prefer the FBI term "active shooter." It leaves out drug deals and domestic violence. These are situations where a shooter is there, in a confined space, to kill people in large numbers. These places are almost ALWAYS gun free zones (schools, malls, hospitals, churches, movie theaters, places of business where employees are prohibited from carrying weapons, public gatherings like political speeches or city council meetings).

I hope this link works. This is a PDF pamphlet from the FBI:

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/office-of-p...-2000-2013

In just about every active shooter situation listed by the FBI, there was little chance someone could have stopped the shooter. The locations were gun free zones.

Even the latest one, the Orlando shooting, was in a bar, where it is illegal in Florida to carry a concealed weapon where alcohol is served. None of the victims could be legally armed in self defense.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
29-06-2016, 01:42 PM
(29-06-2016 12:03 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
Quote:It really doesn't matter if they have a gun of their own. They may have a knife or be a black belt in karate. The gun gives the homeowner the advantage that is needed.
And if they have their own gun a fire fight can break out in the person's home.

I love the way ardent gunners paint pictures that give the "advantage" to the "good guy with a gun" to the exclusion of other scenarios.

That is brainwashing bullshit. Stopping a shooter with a gun is the least likely outcome. You are still far more likely to get injured or die in the home by using a gun.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-06-2016, 01:43 PM
If guns prevent home invasions then the suggestion seems to be that more armed homeowners would be a good thing. But they'd have to be permanently armed in order to be effective - as you acknowledge? Therefore you will have large numbers of permanently armed people - this doesn't seem dangerous? And then on top of that, I predict that since the robbers know a. that there is good stuff to be had inside people's homes and b. that the homeowners if home *will* be armed that they will *still* hit your home, but do so while being armed themselves, and will attempt to kill you much more quickly than if they knew you to not be armed, because armed you is a significant threat to them. Add to that that even if you are successful in drawing your weapon there may be non-combatants caught in the crossfire, by having a large armed population you are in fact raising the probability of a tragic incident IMO.

29-06-2016, 01:45 PM
(29-06-2016 01:39 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  it is illegal in Florida to carry a concealed weapon where alcohol is served.

What *were* those lawmakers thinking? Drunk people, weapons... what on Earth could possibly go wrong???

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-06-2016, 02:02 PM
(29-06-2016 10:05 AM)SYZ Wrote:  And are you (apparently) claiming that firearms are the sole or most efficient form of home self-defense?

Sole, no. Most efficient, yes.

Quote:If so, is this because many gunshot wounds are fatal, and/or guaranteed to totally disable an assailant—when compared to, say, a machete, baseball bat, pepper spray, wrecking bar, or a taser?

No.

Quote:Can you quote me how many home invasions or aggravated burglaries involved the perpetrator carrying a firearm or using it to kill a home owner?

According to the BJS between 2003 and 2007 about 85 people a day suffered violent victimization during home invasions at the hands of intruders armed with firearms. That's 155,400 total for the five year period.

Also

Quote:Households composed of single females with children had the highest rates of burglary while someone was present.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]