NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
29-06-2016, 02:15 PM
RE: NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.
(29-06-2016 02:02 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  between 2003 and 2007 about 85 people a day suffered violent victimization during home invasions at the hands of intruders armed with firearms. That's 155,400 total for the five year period.
OR 0.000518% of the population of the US.
Quote:Also

[quote]Households composed of single females with children had the highest rates of burglary while someone was present.
So the mother should open fire in a home with children?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2016, 02:19 PM
(29-06-2016 01:42 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 12:03 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  And if they have their own gun a fire fight can break out in the person's home.

I love the way ardent gunners paint pictures that give the "advantage" to the "good guy with a gun" to the exclusion of other scenarios.

That is brainwashing bullshit. Stopping a shooter with a gun is the least likely outcome. You are still far more likely to get injured or die in the home by using a gun.

Now you're just making shit up, Brian. While yes studies have shown that having a gun in the home increases the risk of injury or death, according to the CDC defensive use of a firearm is the least risky self defense strategy.

Quote:“Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was ‘used’ by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies,” the CDC study, entitled “Priorities For Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence,” states.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cdc-...-deterrent

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
Find all posts by this user
29-06-2016, 02:19 PM
(29-06-2016 01:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:07 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Even the best child snoops around. I don't give my kids the opportunity to find a firearm.

So er... when your armed and dangerous (this is Murika!) home invader rocks up you're gonna ask him to wait 5 minutes while you unlock the gun cabinet? Sounds a bit reckless to me.

You ain't thinkin' Murikan dumbdog. I got a friend who is licensed in the Peoples Republic of Maryland to own fully automatic weapons. Needless to say he possesses a very high security clearance. He keeps all his guns loaded in a gunsafe next to his bed with the combination already entered except for the last number. He ain't gonna be fumbling around for 5 minutes.

#sigh
29-06-2016, 02:22 PM
(29-06-2016 02:15 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  So the mother should open fire in a home with children?

According to the CDC, yes. Her and her's are less likely to suffer injury that way.

29-06-2016, 02:22 PM
(29-06-2016 02:02 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 10:05 AM)SYZ Wrote:  And are you (apparently) claiming that firearms are the sole or most efficient form of home self-defense?

Sole, no. Most efficient, yes.

bah you can 't beat dogs.

[Image: ThePack.jpg]

#sigh
29-06-2016, 02:27 PM
(29-06-2016 02:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  bah you can 't beat dogs.

Other than a shit ton of howling in the beginning, I'm thinking 5 lbs. of raw hamburger would make me a pack of friends for life.

29-06-2016, 02:28 PM
(29-06-2016 02:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  So er... when your armed and dangerous (this is Murika!) home invader rocks up you're gonna ask him to wait 5 minutes while you unlock the gun cabinet? Sounds a bit reckless to me.

You ain't thinkin' Murikan dumbdog. I got a friend who is licensed in the Peoples Republic of Maryland to own fully automatic weapons. Needless to say he possesses a very high security clearance. He keeps all his guns loaded in a gunsafe next to his bed with the combination already entered except for the last number. He ain't gonna be fumbling around for 5 minutes.

OK
a. He's this super duper trained guy.
b. This is the kind of thing that makes people feel *safe* ???

I think you guys are actually fucking off the scale totally bonkers if this seems normal to you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-06-2016, 02:37 PM
I have a small pistol safe next to my bed on my nightstand. Glow in the dark keypad. 4 digit code. Purchased from Amazon for around $50. I have a dog and alarm sensors on my windows and doors that relay an audible noise when one is opened.

My kids can't gain access to my handgun, and I can get to it within seconds. My alarms and dog give me plenty of time to grab it.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
29-06-2016, 02:48 PM
(29-06-2016 02:22 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 02:15 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  So the mother should open fire in a home with children?

According to the CDC, yes. Her and her's are less likely to suffer injury that way.
Gonna need a link to that on the CDC website.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-06-2016, 02:49 PM
(29-06-2016 02:37 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I have a small pistol safe next to my bed on my nightstand. Glow in the dark keypad. 4 digit code. Purchased from Amazon for around $50. I have a dog and alarm sensors on my windows and doors that relay an audible noise when one is opened.

My kids can't gain access to my handgun, and I can get to it within seconds. My alarms and dog give me plenty of time to grab it.