NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
29-06-2016, 02:54 PM
RE: NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.
(29-06-2016 01:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:39 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  it is illegal in Florida to carry a concealed weapon where alcohol is served.

What *were* those lawmakers thinking? Drunk people, weapons... what on Earth could possibly go wrong???

I suppose they have to make allowances for the people who become assholes when they drink............

Wouldn't it be a better idea - just to not let them drink?????

How about you have to have a "permit to purchase" to get alcohol???????

Ahhhhh

I can hear the cries of "You can't take away my right to be an ASSHOLE!!!!!"....

Funny how that works...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2016, 03:11 PM
(29-06-2016 02:48 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 02:22 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  According to the CDC, yes. Her and her's are less likely to suffer injury that way.
Gonna need a link to that on the CDC website.

The study is titled “Priorities For Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence.” It was conducted (or maybe released) in 2013 at the request of the CDC by direction of president Obama. A lot of people don’t like some of the conclusions they reached because they aren't what they wanted to hear. You can get a copy of it here but you have to register for an account first. http://www.nap.edu/catalog/18319/priorit...d-violence

I don’t recommend anyone discharge a firearm of any type unless they know exactly what is in front of the barrel. If you don’t know your kids are out of the line of fire don’t pull the trigger. And yes, I understand a lot of people don’t have a firm grasp on that concept.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
29-06-2016, 03:17 PM
(29-06-2016 03:11 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 02:48 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Gonna need a link to that on the CDC website.

The study is titled “Priorities For Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence.” It was conducted (or maybe released) in 2013 at the request of the CDC by direction of president Obama. A lot of people don’t like some of the conclusions they reached because they aren't what they wanted to hear. You can get a copy of it here but you have to register for an account first. http://www.nap.edu/catalog/18319/priorit...d-violence
Thanks, I'll look at that.
Quote:I don’t recommend anyone discharge a firearm of any type unless they know exactly what is in front of the barrel. If you don’t know your kids are out of the line of fire don’t pull the trigger. And yes, I understand a lot of people don’t have a firm grasp on that concept.
Hard to get the perp to stand in the right place in my experience.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-06-2016, 04:15 PM
(29-06-2016 02:54 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  What *were* those lawmakers thinking? Drunk people, weapons... what on Earth could possibly go wrong???

I suppose they have to make allowances for the people who become assholes when they drink............

Ahhhhh

I can hear the cries of "You can't take away my right to be an ASSHOLE!!!!!"....

Funny how that works...

You're claiming that people want guns to the same degree that they want alcohol? The reason the prohibition failed was people *really* liked their drinks. Aside from the gun nuts who will still have legal access to as many guns as they like under any workable disarmament scheme, who will mourn if there are less guns in America?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-06-2016, 04:21 PM
(29-06-2016 02:27 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 02:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  bah you can 't beat dogs.

Other than a shit ton of howling in the beginning, I'm thinking 5 lbs. of raw hamburger would make me a pack of friends for life.

Yes. But that should give me enough time to go to youtube to remember how to load the Mossberg. And then you're the hamburger.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
29-06-2016, 07:46 PM
(29-06-2016 04:15 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 02:54 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I suppose they have to make allowances for the people who become assholes when they drink............

Ahhhhh

Funny how that works...

You're claiming that people want guns to the same degree that they want alcohol? The reason the prohibition failed was people *really* liked their drinks. Aside from the gun nuts who will still have legal access to as many guns as they like under any workable disarmament scheme, who will mourn if there are less guns in America?

Uhhhh..

No??

What I'm saying is that when we start talking about restricting freedoms "for the betterment of society --- some people will gladly toss the 2nd amendment under a bus ----- but if you suggest that THEIR favorite rights might be infringed for the good of all -- they'll scream like a little girl having her Barbie doll confiscated..........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-06-2016, 08:12 PM
(27-06-2016 10:57 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 09:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  I think you vastly overestimate any benefit to gun manufacturers. They're not going to lose many sales due to more background checks.
I have no idea what the benefit or loss to the manufactures is or would be, I've simply stated and gave an example where the NRA puts the desires and welfare of the gun manufactures ahead of gun owners and what they want.

You provide absolutely no support for "...which directly aids the gun manufactures."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
29-06-2016, 08:46 PM
(29-06-2016 04:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 02:27 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Other than a shit ton of howling in the beginning, I'm thinking 5 lbs. of raw hamburger would make me a pack of friends for life.

Yes. But that should give me enough time to go to youtube to remember how to load the Mossberg. And then you're the hamburger.

If you need to go to Youtube for that, maybe you shouldn't have the Mossberg. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
29-06-2016, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2016 10:06 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(29-06-2016 06:02 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I am tire of assholes like you.
Which is why you continue to completely ignore every single person in here who is making rational, reasoned, and sourced arguments to stamp your feet at him? I've countered several of your assertions and tried multiple times to direct your attention at my arguments int he hope of a polite debate but I'm beginning to think this is a bait thread so you can yell at and strawman a few select people.

I mean come on you have several posts that are just strawman after strawman after strawman and YOU telling other people what THEY think.

(29-06-2016 06:17 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Yea, I am angry at fucking childish brats like you that think we still live in the days of muskets and don't even care that the words "well regulated" are part of that amendment.

"Well regulated" here does not mean what you think it means. It simply means well trained and disciplined not the kind of regulation that goes with government intervention. That's not my opinion but that of the Constitutional Congress that wrote it, Hamilton, etc etc.

(29-06-2016 06:33 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  You think you are so right you go to those pages, and you argue with their members, people who have lost family members to gun violence.
Losing loved ones to violence does not make one an expert on violence or how to limit or reduce that violence. This is an on the face attempt at proliferating multiple arguments from emotion.

If you are not interested in actually discussing the merits of, and what constitutes effective, gun control that's fine but I'd appreciate if you said so so I can stop wasting my time trying to lead you back to rational and reasonable debate.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
29-06-2016, 09:18 PM
(29-06-2016 08:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 04:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yes. But that should give me enough time to go to youtube to remember how to load the Mossberg. And then you're the hamburger.

If you need to go to Youtube for that, maybe you shouldn't have the Mossberg. Consider

Dafuq's wrong with you old man, Manley handles the accounts and the armory. You're just jelly you ain't got no Manly old man.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus