NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
29-06-2016, 10:51 PM
RE: NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.
(29-06-2016 08:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 10:57 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I have no idea what the benefit or loss to the manufactures is or would be, I've simply stated and gave an example where the NRA puts the desires and welfare of the gun manufactures ahead of gun owners and what they want.

You provide absolutely no support for "...which directly aids the gun manufactures."
Making fire arms easier to buy with fewer people denied a sale firearm due to fewer/ineffective background checks does not help sales?

(EDIT: Oh gods below I need to start posting at work again, trying to catch up all at once is hell lol, Sorry for the spam gentlemen!)

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2016, 10:52 PM
(29-06-2016 10:49 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Eh, not really. I mean kinda.. I guess.. though that's an over simplification. Prohibition was a failure for dozens of reasons. Prohibition actually cased an increase in alcohol consumption, it had the exact opposite effect it intended (it almost always does).

The irony is that discussion of harsher gun laws shows an increase in gun sales.

More sensible gun laws, after all, does not equate to gun banishment, sadly.
29-06-2016, 11:39 PM
(29-06-2016 07:46 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 04:15 PM)morondog Wrote:  You're claiming that people want guns to the same degree that they want alcohol? The reason the prohibition failed was people *really* liked their drinks. Aside from the gun nuts who will still have legal access to as many guns as they like under any workable disarmament scheme, who will mourn if there are less guns in America?

Uhhhh..

No??

What I'm saying is that when we start talking about restricting freedoms "for the betterment of society --- some people will gladly toss the 2nd amendment under a bus ----- but if you suggest that THEIR favorite rights might be infringed for the good of all -- they'll scream like a little girl having her Barbie doll confiscated..........

I see, so you're equating the dangers of alcohol to the dangers of guns? Or you're saying some kind of post-modernist idea that all rights are equivalent and therefore getting rid of one means that it's logical to get rid of all of them? That the legal system is perfect as it is and the concept of tweaking it is beyond the pale?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-06-2016, 12:35 AM
(29-06-2016 11:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 07:46 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Uhhhh..

No??

What I'm saying is that when we start talking about restricting freedoms "for the betterment of society --- some people will gladly toss the 2nd amendment under a bus ----- but if you suggest that THEIR favorite rights might be infringed for the good of all -- they'll scream like a little girl having her Barbie doll confiscated..........

I see, so you're equating the dangers of alcohol to the dangers of guns? Or you're saying some kind of post-modernist idea that all rights are equivalent and therefore getting rid of one means that it's logical to get rid of all of them? That the legal system is perfect as it is and the concept of tweaking it is beyond the pale?

Alcohol contributes to more deaths in the U.S. than do firearms.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-06-2016, 12:57 AM
(30-06-2016 12:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 11:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  I see, so you're equating the dangers of alcohol to the dangers of guns? Or you're saying some kind of post-modernist idea that all rights are equivalent and therefore getting rid of one means that it's logical to get rid of all of them? That the legal system is perfect as it is and the concept of tweaking it is beyond the pale?

And therefore we (well, you) should do something about both, right? Right?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-06-2016, 01:01 AM
Quote:Heart disease remains the leading cause of death in the US, accounting for 1 in every 4 deaths, and affecting significantly more men than women.

Fuck all you pretentious idiots.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/282929.php
30-06-2016, 02:05 AM
(29-06-2016 10:35 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:14 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You're in bed, asleep. Some goon slips into your house, sneaks into your bed room and gently prods your forehead with a gun. You then get up and go find your gun... Oh, wait. Drinking Beverage
So because in one boogyman example of where your unable to utilize a properly stored firearm...firearms aren't an effective or even viable form of at home defense?
Come on man, I can write a bloody ton of examples where guns save the day and everyone goes home happy if that's my intent when I start writing.

Gunners are the ones trotting out the boogeymen. Their excuse for keeping their toys.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-06-2016, 11:56 AM
(30-06-2016 02:05 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 10:35 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So because in one boogyman example of where your unable to utilize a properly stored firearm...firearms aren't an effective or even viable form of at home defense?
Come on man, I can write a bloody ton of examples where guns save the day and everyone goes home happy if that's my intent when I start writing.

Gunners are the ones trotting out the boogeymen. Their excuse for keeping their toys.

I gotta ask ...

You and brian frequent HOW many forums bitching, pissing and moaning about firearms???

But the bigger question -- don't you have a LIFE???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
30-06-2016, 12:00 PM
(30-06-2016 02:05 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 10:35 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So because in one boogyman example of where your unable to utilize a properly stored firearm...firearms aren't an effective or even viable form of at home defense?

No you just did exactly that.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
30-06-2016, 12:05 PM
(30-06-2016 12:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 11:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  I see, so you're equating the dangers of alcohol to the dangers of guns? Or you're saying some kind of post-modernist idea that all rights are equivalent and therefore getting rid of one means that it's logical to get rid of all of them? That the legal system is perfect as it is and the concept of tweaking it is beyond the pale?

True. But when someone walks into a party and opens up with a fifth of scotch no one dies at the scene.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post