NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
24-06-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.
(24-06-2016 04:40 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I still hear you whining like a little girl.

I've yet to hear how you're going to restrict a free and legal market..........

But, I suppose I'm being unreasonable -- expecting you to have a solution....

You're just a little girl....

whining...

I remember from psych classes that people use things to insult that represent the worst thing they could be called. I see that still holds true.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2016, 05:28 PM
(24-06-2016 05:01 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I believe that people have an intrinsic right to self defense and that means in this day and age, like it or not, firearms.....that said fuck the NRA. They talk and talk and talk about how they are a champion of the people's rights to own firearms and they go on and on and on about it but every time it comes down to them acting in the interests of gun owners and gun manufacturers......the manufacturers always win out.

They are a corporate lobby and don't give a piss about gun owners.

They don't care about gun owners or gun death. They ceased to be the gun safety org they started out as decades ago.

No shit, we have a right to self defense no fucking shit. Tell me when that meant a free for all? We do have a defense, cops and military. But if you can't hit a target in 8 shots, you should not have a firearm.

They only care about protecting the profits of gun factories.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
24-06-2016, 05:31 PM
(24-06-2016 05:28 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  They only care about protecting the profits of gun factories.

They also care about people's right to own guns.
Find all posts by this user
24-06-2016, 05:31 PM
(24-06-2016 04:01 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 03:57 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  No, it isn't that we won't. I hate that bullshit fatalistic "what can you do". The NRA is holding us hostage, I agree. But blacks were once slaves and women couldn't vote in America and that did change. So if anyone wants to claim the NRA is too powerful, FUCK THEM.

Quite right, "won't" is not the right word. But the NRA is a big part of why we *haven't* done research like that yet.

I agree, they claim to be about gun safety but obstruct funding to studies on gun death and injury.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
24-06-2016, 05:36 PM
(24-06-2016 05:31 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 05:28 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  They only care about protecting the profits of gun factories.

No, they sell the idea of the right to own guns. What they don't do is educate those who might want to buy one on the responsibility of having one. The way they market guns now, it is "no rules" and all it takes is having no record at time of buy and hitting your target like playing an Xbox.

Their marketing is, "I have the right".

Not, "You better make sure you are mentally fit to handle one long term".

Safety is insuring the wrong people don't use them. " I want one" only means you want one.

24-06-2016, 05:41 PM
(24-06-2016 05:31 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

Because that idea is profitable to them.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
24-06-2016, 05:45 PM
(24-06-2016 05:36 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 05:31 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  They also care about people's right to own guns.

No, they sell the idea of the right to own guns. What they don't do is educate those who might want to buy one on the responsibility of having one. The way they market guns now, it is "no rules" and all it takes is having no record at time of buy and hitting your target like playing an Xbox.

Safety is insuring the wrong people don't use them. " I want one" only means you want one.

Lets see, you want to infringe on people's right to bare arms by imposing more regulation. You are blame the NRA for thwarting your efforts. People join and donate to the NRA because they thwart your efforts. You get mad....and come up with the ridiculous notion that the NRA sole purpose is to protect the profits of gun manufactures. It really looks to me that one of the purposes of the NRA is to thwart people like you.....and they seem to be doing a good job.

But really, if the NRA sole purpose was to protect the profits of gun manufactures, they would act like Obama and get a law passed that requires everyone to own a gun or face a fine.

[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
24-06-2016, 05:46 PM
(24-06-2016 05:41 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 05:31 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  They also care about people's right to own guns.

BINGO, which means they are not a gun safety organization anymore than Joe Camel or The Marlboro man are for "safe smoking".

24-06-2016, 05:48 PM
(24-06-2016 05:45 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 05:36 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  No, they sell the idea of the right to own guns. What they don't do is educate those who might want to buy one on the responsibility of having one. The way they market guns now, it is "no rules" and all it takes is having no record at time of buy and hitting your target like playing an Xbox.

Lets see, you want to infringe on people's right to bare arms by imposing more regulation. You are blame the NRA for thwarting your efforts. People join and donate to the NRA because they thwart your efforts. You get mad....and come up with the ridiculous notion that the NRA sole purpose is to protect the profits of gun manufactures. It really looks to me that one of the purposes of the NRA is to thwart people like you.....and they seem to be doing a good job.

But really, if the NRA sole purpose was to protect the profits of gun manufactures, they would act like Obama and get a law passed that requires everyone to own a gun or face a fine.

Armed people infringe on my right to be safe.
24-06-2016, 05:48 PM
(24-06-2016 05:41 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

Gun manufactures and gun owners have aligned interest. Nothing evil about that. But it is stupid to pretend the NRA is only trying to protect the profits of gun manufactures.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post