NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
30-06-2016, 12:07 PM
RE: NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.
(30-06-2016 12:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 12:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  Alcohol contributes to more deaths in the U.S. than do firearms.

True. But when someone walks into a party and opens up with a fifth of scotch no one dies at the scene.

If somebody gets drunked up, and stabs somebody to death -- do you fault the person, the alcohol, or the knife????

Now -- change stab to shoot, and knife to gun ---- and SOMEHOW - it changes everything..................

Funny, eh??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2016, 12:38 PM
(30-06-2016 12:07 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 12:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  True. But when someone walks into a party and opens up with a fifth of scotch no one dies at the scene.

If somebody gets drunked up, and stabs somebody to death -- do you fault the person, the alcohol, or the knife????

Now -- change stab to shoot, and knife to gun ---- and SOMEHOW - it changes everything..................

Funny, eh??

The knife. Duh.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
30-06-2016, 12:39 PM
(30-06-2016 12:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  True. But when someone walks into a party and opens up with a fifth of scotch no one dies at the scene.

It's usually when they drive off the scene.
30-06-2016, 12:39 PM
(30-06-2016 12:38 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 12:07 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If somebody gets drunked up, and stabs somebody to death -- do you fault the person, the alcohol, or the knife????

Funny, eh??

The knife. Duh.
Ardent knifers will be along to attack you. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-06-2016, 02:11 PM
(29-06-2016 10:18 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 10:29 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm not so sure about that. I played baseball and softball for years, and could probably hit a person easier than I could hit a ball (discounting psychological factors). I have never fired a gun, and I'm told that requires some training. Just buying a gun doesn't make me an expert marksman. I'll concede that a gun, properly used by a person with proper training, is more effective than a baseball bat or machete. But easier to use? I'm not convinced.
How good are you at hitting a person with a bat from say 15 feet away? Tongue Heart

Not good at all. I was merely taking issue with his statement that guns are easier to use. I could probably fire a gun (assuming I could figure out how to release the safety, etc.), but I doubt that I could reliably hit anything without some training and some practice. Whereas, if you're in range (I know, that's a very big if), I can't miss with the bat (or the machete).

Anyway, judging by his response, I must have hit a nerve.

I will state up front that I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't own a gun -- never have and probably never will -- and I don't feel at all unsafe because of that. I have honestly never in my 61 years been in a situation where I wished I had a gun, and it puzzles me that there are people who do feel unsafe without one. I think that says more about them than it does about US society.

On the other hand, I have no wish to ban guns. I have no beef with Chas or onlinebiker or any of the other gun enthusiasts here. They are entitled to have their guns and to enjoy them. I just wish Americans in general weren't quite so obsessed with them.
30-06-2016, 02:55 PM
(30-06-2016 02:11 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 10:18 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  How good are you at hitting a person with a bat from say 15 feet away? Tongue Heart

Not good at all. I was merely taking issue with his statement that guns are easier to use. I could probably fire a gun (assuming I could figure out how to release the safety, etc.), but I doubt that I could reliably hit anything without some training and some practice. Whereas, if you're in range (I know, that's a very big if), I can't miss with the bat (or the machete).

Anyway, judging by his response, I must have hit a nerve.

I will state up front that I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't own a gun -- never have and probably never will -- and I don't feel at all unsafe because of that. I have honestly never in my 61 years been in a situation where I wished I had a gun, and it puzzles me that there are people who do feel unsafe without one. I think that says more about them than it does about US society.

On the other hand, I have no wish to ban guns. I have no beef with Chas or onlinebiker or any of the other gun enthusiasts here. They are entitled to have their guns and to enjoy them. I just wish Americans in general weren't quite so obsessed with them.

Thank you...

I'm not obsessed with my wallet - but like my gun, I take it each time I leave the house.......

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
30-06-2016, 03:38 PM
(30-06-2016 02:11 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I just wish Americans in general weren't quite so obsessed with them.

I'm not obsessed with the gun only keeping the gun from the grabbers.
30-06-2016, 03:42 PM
(30-06-2016 12:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 12:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  Alcohol contributes to more deaths in the U.S. than do firearms.

And therefore we (well, you) should do something about both, right? Right?

Of course; the argument is about what are the somethings that will have positive effects.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-06-2016, 03:55 PM
(29-06-2016 01:24 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I always have at least one gun with me.

And this is precisely why the rest of the world calls Americans gun happy LOL.

—Or, as someone said earlier, maybe you're suffering some sort of paranoia?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
30-06-2016, 04:08 PM
(30-06-2016 03:55 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 01:24 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I always have at least one gun with me.

And this is precisely why the rest of the world calls Americans gun happy LOL.

—Or, as someone said earlier, maybe you're suffering some sort of paranoia?

It is reassuring to know there's a few armed people around. Now if we could just have reason to think any of them are safe with their guns...