NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
30-06-2016, 04:12 PM
RE: NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.
(30-06-2016 12:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  Alcohol contributes to more deaths in the U.S. than do firearms.

Sorry Chas, but this is a classic red herring.

How many people are killed by assailants wielding wine bottles? And why doesn't the army use beer bottles as assault weapons; it'd save the taxpayers millions? Plus you could drink the ammunition on a hot day. And trying to hold up a bank with a wine bottle? The tellers would just fall about laughing.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2016, 04:22 PM
(30-06-2016 02:05 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 10:35 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So because in one boogyman example of where your unable to utilize a properly stored firearm...firearms aren't an effective or even viable form of at home defense?
Come on man, I can write a bloody ton of examples where guns save the day and everyone goes home happy if that's my intent when I start writing.

Gunners are the ones trotting out the boogeymen. Their excuse for keeping their toys.

I imagine that any one of the 49 dead people at the Orlando nightclub wish they had some way to defend themself at the time.

Myself, I don't want to be in a situation where I can't shoot back.

You be a victim if you want to. I at least want a fighting chance. I don't want to lay on the floor, pissing myself as we all get slaughtered one by one.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
30-06-2016, 04:24 PM
(30-06-2016 04:22 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 02:05 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Gunners are the ones trotting out the boogeymen. Their excuse for keeping their toys.

I imagine that any one of the 49 dead people at the Orlando nightclub wish they had some way to defend themself at the time.

You be a victim if you want to. I at least want a fighting chance. I don't want to lay on the floor, pissing myself as we all get slaughtered one by one.
How about if everybody had a gun. What would the death toll be then? Or should it just be you that has a gun, because you don't trust the other people, whom you've never met, to be packing and do the correct thing in a stressful emergency situation?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
30-06-2016, 04:26 PM
(30-06-2016 04:12 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 12:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  Alcohol contributes to more deaths in the U.S. than do firearms.

How many people are killed by assailants wielding wine bottles? And why doesn't the army use beer bottles as assault weapons; it'd save the taxpayers millions? Plus you could drink the ammunition on a hot day. And trying to hold up a bank with a wine bottle? The tellers would just fall about laughing.

This is simply more bullshit from the paranoid right gun worshipers. "Other bad shit happens so do nothing about gun violence".

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
30-06-2016, 04:26 PM
(30-06-2016 04:24 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 04:22 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I imagine that any one of the 49 dead people at the Orlando nightclub wish they had some way to defend themself at the time.

How about if everybody had a gun. What would the death toll be then? Or should it just be you that has a gun, because you don't trust the other people, whom you've never met, to be packing and do the correct thing in a stressful emergency situation?

Honestly, in the age of terrorism, it's time we all carry a firearm. If you can pass a background check, it's fine with me.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
30-06-2016, 04:28 PM
(30-06-2016 04:26 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 04:24 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  How about if everybody had a gun. What would the death toll be then? Or should it just be you that has a gun, because you don't trust the other people, whom you've never met, to be packing and do the correct thing in a stressful emergency situation?

Honestly, in the age of terrorism, it's time we all carry a firearm. If you can pass a background check, it's fine with me.

How about my cousin who like to shoot out of his living room window? Or his six-toed kids? They can pass background checks, they're not smart enough to commit any kind of crime above jaywalking.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
30-06-2016, 04:34 PM
(30-06-2016 04:22 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I imagine that any one of the 49 dead people at the Orlando nightclub wish they had some way to defend themself at the time.

You've apparently never been in a biker bar where you took an empty beer bottle to the head. Pro tip: Full bottles are not effective.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
30-06-2016, 04:40 PM
(30-06-2016 04:22 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 02:05 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Gunners are the ones trotting out the boogeymen. Their excuse for keeping their toys.

UGGGGGG,

Mass shootings are not not stopped by civilians as a majority. The odds of a non cop non military civilian gun owner stopping a public active shooter is only 3%.

You are thinking with your wishes, not the real life odds.

Pete Blair, director of the COP TRAINING "ALERRT" wrote the FBI report on active shooter events. Most people do not understand that their is a huge difference between your own desires, and your intent, and actual doing it in reality. There is a huge difference between hitting a target and crisis stress shooting events.

Time stamp 4 minutes and 48 seconds. I think a professional cop trainer knows more about the statistical outcomes than you do.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
30-06-2016, 04:43 PM
(30-06-2016 04:12 PM)SYZ Wrote:  

He didn't say violent death just deaths, I see no point in going to absurdities that don't have anything to do with what people are actually saying.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
30-06-2016, 04:43 PM

And even the cops in the video above say, it simply isn't enough to shoot at a range to insure your body reacts the right way under stress.