NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
30-06-2016, 04:45 PM
RE: NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.
(30-06-2016 04:26 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 04:12 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Sorry Chas, but this is a classic red herring.

How many people are killed by assailants wielding wine bottles? And why doesn't the army use beer bottles as assault weapons; it'd save the taxpayers millions? Plus you could drink the ammunition on a hot day. And trying to hold up a bank with a wine bottle? The tellers would just fall about laughing.

This is simply more bullshit from the paranoid right gun worshipers. "Other bad shit happens so do nothing about gun violence".

Oh for fuck sake... He. Did not. Say. That.
Stop making strawman.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2016, 04:46 PM
Too many Lethal Weapon movies.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-06-2016, 04:50 PM
(30-06-2016 04:26 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Honestly, in the age of terrorism, it's time we all carry a firearm.

To each their own. My money's on you offing yourself or some other innocent before you were "the good guy with the gun". My money's also on me taking your ass out with just a whip stick and bear spray and a pack of hounds.

[Image: baton.jpg]
[Image: grizzly.jpg]

The more you argue for this position the more you look like an impotent pussy incapable of defending yourself or you family without gunpowder. ... fuckin' pussy.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-06-2016, 05:00 PM
(30-06-2016 04:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 04:26 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Honestly, in the age of terrorism, it's time we all carry a firearm.

To each their own. My money's on you offing yourself or some other innocent before you were "the good guy with the gun". My money's also on me taking your ass out with just a whip stick and bear spray and a pack of hounds.

The more you argue for this position the more you look like an impotent pussy incapable of defending yourself or you family without gunpowder. ... fuckin' pussy.

I can kill a guy with a rolled-up newspaper, and not endanger any by-standers.
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
30-06-2016, 05:03 PM
I am tired of this false perception sold by the right/GOP/gun worshipers that those who want to reduce gun deaths are fascists. NO AND BULLSHIT.

We simply want sanity, pragmatism and less worship of an object. It astounds me how the paranoid right will protect an object, but rightfully say that the Quran is a weapon. It is only an object as well. It also cannot magically all by itself jump of a table or shelf and murder someone. But we do recognize that, even if not most, far too many in the East view that object as sacred and breathing is deserving of defending to the death as if it were living, even though it is not living.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
30-06-2016, 05:06 PM
(30-06-2016 04:40 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 04:22 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I imagine that any one of the 49 dead people at the Orlando nightclub wish they had some way to defend themself at the time.

Myself, I don't want to be in a situation where I can't shoot back.

You be a victim if you want to. I at least want a fighting chance. I don't want to lay on the floor, pissing myself as we all get slaughtered one by one.

UGGGGGG,

Mass shootings are not not stopped by civilians as a majority. The odds of a non cop non military civilian gun owner stopping a public active shooter is only 3%.

You are thinking with your wishes, not the real life odds.

Pete Blair, director of the COP TRAINING "ALERRT" wrote the FBI report on active shooter events. Most people do not understand that their is a huge difference between your own desires, and your intent, and actual doing it in reality. There is a huge difference between hitting a target and crisis stress shooting events.

Time stamp 4 minutes and 48 seconds. I think a professional cop trainer knows more about the statistical outcomes than you do.

And why do you think only 3% of active shooters are stopped by a bystander?

Because they're mostly in gun free zones...

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
30-06-2016, 05:08 PM
(30-06-2016 05:06 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  And why do you think only 3% of active shooters are stopped by a bystander?

Because they're mostly in gun free zones...

Or the "Good guy with a gun" idea is just a myth.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
30-06-2016, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2016 05:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-06-2016 05:00 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 04:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  To each their own. My money's on you offing yourself or some other innocent before you were "the good guy with the gun". My money's also on me taking your ass out with just a whip stick and bear spray and a pack of hounds.

My best man at my wedding was SpecOps. At my Bachelor Party he pointed out to me that he knew how to kill me six ways to Sunday with a ballpoint pen. .... He proffered his services. I asked you mean, "As my wedding present?"

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-06-2016, 05:15 PM
(30-06-2016 05:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 05:00 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I can kill a guy with a rolled-up newspaper, and not endanger any by-standers.

My best man at my wedding was SpecOps. At my Bachelor Party he pointed out to me that he knew how to kill me six ways to Sunday with a ballpoint pen. .... He proffered his services. I asked, "As my wedding present?"
"...not crude and clumsy like a blaster." Yeah. The weapon is under the skull. The tools are where you find them.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
30-06-2016, 05:16 PM
(30-06-2016 05:00 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 04:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  To each their own. My money's on you offing yourself or some other innocent before you were "the good guy with the gun". My money's also on me taking your ass out with just a whip stick and bear spray and a pack of hounds.

I wouldn't go that far. Impossible or not, delusion is the problem, not gun rights, but the false perception that the outcome will always end up good. I'm not sure why you are claiming this. But regardless of topic, even outside guns, most humans intuitions about what they think an outcome will be, ends up being false.

"I have a right to defend myself" isn't an issue that anyone is disputing or should dispute. The issue is for non military non cops, what are the odds of successfully doing the same thing without the training? The truth is a civilian is more likely to injure or kill themselves or someone they know, than to successfully defend themselves from a complete stranger.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37