NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
02-07-2016, 08:55 AM
RE: NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.
I'm learning so very much about my beliefs about what you believe, keep going!

I'm trying to figure out where I implied or said that you want to ban all guns. Oh, wait, I didn't. You wont find it EVER!

All I have tried to point out is your anger issue. Take some meds
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
(02-07-2016 08:48 AM)Armageddon it Wrote:  See, there you go again, assuming you know what I think. And even worse, you think you know what I think about what you think. You are so full of yourself it's impressive. I'm in it for the show now. So tell me more about my fear of a fascist state, prick.

If your solution is sell more or do nothing, then yes, you are paranoid. No polite way to put it.

If you are not afraid of change in laws great, then hop on board. But if you say "we want to keep them out of the wrong hands, which I agree with" then you cant scream when someone actually tries to do that.

So which is it? Do you want to reduce gun deaths? Or do you simply want to protect an object because you are afraid of change?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Guns and Roses... You're fuckin' crazy, hey hey
02-07-2016, 09:03 AM
(02-07-2016 08:55 AM)Armageddon it Wrote:  Guns and Roses... You're fuckin' crazy, hey hey

How am I crazy?

"Crazy" to me is knowing dozens and dozens of people die every 24 hours from gun use and having one party and one lobby obstructing any moves to reduce that.

"Crazy" to me is repeating the same behaviors and expecting a different result, which is what the GOP/NRA have protected by marketing fear.

All you will get out of me is a "that is not true" "Bullshit" or "You are out of your mind" and voting. I have absolutely no desire to get into any physical confrontation with any other citizen, much less using a weapon.

So when you complain about my word choice, instead of having the empathy to want to problem solve, which you don't seem to want to by proxy of your responses, you prove my point as to where your priorities fall.

I pissed you and others off here, yep. And? Crazy to me is thinking the amount of gun violence is acceptable.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
02-07-2016, 09:30 AM
(02-07-2016 09:03 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 08:55 AM)Armageddon it Wrote:  Guns and Roses... You're fuckin' crazy, hey hey

How am I crazy?

"Crazy" to me is knowing dozens and dozens of people die every 24 hours from gun use and having one party and one lobby obstructing any moves to reduce that.

"Crazy" to me is repeating the same behaviors and expecting a different result, which is what the GOP/NRA have protected by marketing fear.

All you will get out of me is a "that is not true" "Bullshit" or "You are out of your mind" and voting. I have absolutely no desire to get into any physical confrontation with any other citizen, much less using a weapon.

So when you complain about my word choice, instead of having the empathy to want to problem solve, which you don't seem to want to by proxy of your responses, you prove my point as to where your priorities fall.

I pissed you and others off here, yep. And? Crazy to me is thinking the amount of gun violence is acceptable.

The majority of these daily gun deaths are suicides. Suicides are not "gun violence." Most of the remaining gun deaths that occur every day are gang/drug related. You will never stop these two kinds of death. Without a gun, suicides will still happen (rates are similar in other countries where guns are hard to find). Gang bangers/drug dealers will never follow the law and will still get guns even if they were banned 100%.

Very few daily gun violence incidents are random acts like domestic violence or active shooters. And what do we know about most incidents involving domestic violence or active shooters? They usually purchase their firearms legally, have no criminal history, and can pass a background check.

If we banned guns 100%, would gun deaths go down?

Yes.

But people will just find another way to commit suicide. We'll have more hangings and jumpers from tall buildings like Japan. Terrorists and active shooters will use bombs like they do in Russia. Gang bangers will buy guns on the black market smuggled in from Mexico.

The death rate will stay about the same. The method will change.

Australia has strict gun laws but don't share a border with anyone. We share a border with Mexico. They manage to sneak in tons of drugs every year. They could use their drug tunnels to smuggle guns too.

If we enact a full gun ban, and all of the law abiding citizens turned their guns in, the criminals would run everything, just like Mexico. The criminals and terrorists would get guns from Mexico and we'll all be sitting ducks. One huge gun free zone, where the criminals can do whatever they want because they know we're all unarmed.

I won't live like those poor bastards in Mexico.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
02-07-2016, 09:42 AM
(02-07-2016 09:30 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 09:03 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  How am I crazy?

The majority of these daily gun deaths are suicides. Suicides are not "gun violence." Most of the remaining gun deaths that occur every day are gang/drug related. You will never stop these two kinds of death. Without a gun, suicides will still happen (rates are similar in other countries where guns are hard to find). Gang bangers/drug dealers will never follow the law and will still get guns even if they were banned 100%.

Very few daily gun violence incidents are random acts like domestic violence or active shooters. And what do we know about most incidents involving domestic violence or active shooters? They usually purchase their firearms legally, have no criminal history, and can pass a background check.

If we banned guns 100%, would gun deaths go down?

Yes.

But people will just find another way to commit suicide. We'll have more hangings and jumpers from tall buildings like Japan. Terrorists and active shooters will use bombs like they do in Russia. Gang bangers will buy guns on the black market smuggled in from Mexico.

The death rate will stay about the same. The method will change.

Australia has strict gun laws but don't share a border with anyone. We share a border with Mexico. They manage to sneak in tons of drugs every year. They could use their drug tunnels to smuggle guns too.

If we enact a full gun ban, and all of the law abiding citizens turned their guns in, the criminals would run everything, just like Mexico. The criminals and terrorists would get guns from Mexico and we'll all be sitting ducks. One huge gun free zone, where the criminals can do whatever they want because they know we're all unarmed.

I won't live like those poor bastards in Mexico.

Suicides are gun violence when you use a gun to do it. Nope sorry, that is a dodge. The stats have consistently proven that having a gun in the house will far more likely injure or kill someone in the home than for it to be successfully used to protect oneself from stranger.

We are not talking about other types of deaths, we are talking about gun violence. "Other bad shit happens" is still an excuse to do nothing.

02-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Brian, you will argue with a brick wall for being made of bricks.

[Image: fac4f19327eea8f79d556cb4a97f173a.jpg]
02-07-2016, 12:05 PM
(02-07-2016 10:16 AM)Armageddon it Wrote:  Brian, you will argue with a brick wall for being made of bricks.

[Image: fac4f19327eea8f79d556cb4a97f173a.jpg]

Call me what you will. Did it ever occur to you that I am not doing this to change every single gun owner's mind, but to motivate those who agree with me?

I get the same stupid argument about religion from atheists sometimes. "What's the use, nothing's going to change"

Nope if you stupidly think I am doing this solely for you that would be a mistake.

02-07-2016, 12:41 PM
And so, just trying to motivate those who already agree with you, how does berating and insulting those with differing opinions help your goal? Hint: it doesn't. You call people stupid when they don't agree with everything you say. Here I am, just calling you out on your approach, not divulging my opinion on the matter. Yet you have taken the liberty of assuming I have no agreement with any of your position. You, sir, are a fucking nitwit.
02-07-2016, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 01:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-07-2016 09:30 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The majority of these daily gun deaths are suicides. Suicides are not "gun violence."

What are they then, "gun kindness"? .... Consider ... Actually I could probably make a case for that. .... oh, and you really need some help with your vocabulary. Could help explain why you can't afford health insurance.

#sigh