NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
02-07-2016, 01:12 PM
(02-07-2016 12:05 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Did it ever occur to you that I am not doing this to change every single gun owner's mind, but to motivate those who agree with me?

You motivate me to donate more money to the NRA.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2016, 01:12 PM
RE: NRA has 2 speeds, sell more or do nothing.
(02-07-2016 08:45 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Christopher Hitchens, "I hope I never unintentionally offend anyone".

Meaning he has no problem offending people for the right reasons.

Hitchens wielded the English language like a sharp scalpel; you are swinging club.

His intent was to offend their dearly held beliefs and ideas, not their sensibilities.

Quote:I don't give a fuck if the issue is religion or guns or a mix of both. If things were so perfect with both, nobody would be bitching, so instead off assuming my blasphemy of guns is some call for a fascist state, maybe you should worry yourself about the amount of people who die from gun use.

Your arguments are ineffective due to the repetition, raving, and ranting.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
02-07-2016, 01:14 PM
(02-07-2016 01:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 09:30 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The majority of these daily gun deaths are suicides. Suicides are not "gun violence."

What are they then, "Gun kindness"? .... Consider ... Actually I could probably make a case for that. .... oh, and you really need some help with your vocabulary. Could help explain why you can't afford health insurance.

It is an act of kindness. If someone doesn't want to live then the kind thing to do to themselves is to pop that brain out of the skull.
02-07-2016, 01:23 PM
(02-07-2016 01:14 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 01:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What are they then, "Gun kindness"? .... Consider ... Actually I could probably make a case for that. .... oh, and you really need some help with your vocabulary. Could help explain why you can't afford health insurance.

It is an act of kindness. If someone doesn't want to live then the kind thing to do to themselves is to pop that brain out of the skull.

The kind thing to do is assist with a nitrogen bag. Time to painless unconsciousness with no choking response <30 seconds, time to death <5 minutes, time to cleanup <5 minutes, and it is virtually undetectable in an autopsy. Leaving a mess for someone else to cleanup is not kindness.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-07-2016, 01:31 PM
(02-07-2016 01:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 01:14 PM)KUSA Wrote:  It is an act of kindness. If someone doesn't want to live then the kind thing to do to themselves is to pop that brain out of the skull.

The kind thing to do is assist with a nitrogen bag. Time to painless unconsciousness with no choking response <30 seconds, time to death <5 minutes, time to cleanup <5 minutes, and it is virtually undetectable in an autopsy. Leaving a mess for someone else to cleanup is not kindness.

You make a bloody good argument. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
02-07-2016, 01:43 PM
(02-07-2016 12:41 PM)Armageddon it Wrote:  And so, just trying to motivate those who already agree with you, how does berating and insulting those with differing opinions help your goal? Hint: it doesn't. You call people stupid when they don't agree with everything you say. Here I am, just calling you out on your approach, not divulging my opinion on the matter. Yet you have taken the liberty of assuming I have no agreement with any of your position. You, sir, are a fucking nitwit.

Ask him about helmet use....

He will categorically call you a fucking retard - if you don't wear a helmet...

Why??? Because he thinks you should -- and that's all the reason he needs.....

It's called narcissism.. He believes something - and therefore it's true.....

Here where it falls flat --- wearing a helmet does NOT make you safe on a motorcycle.... Even with a helmet - riding a motorcycle is probably the most dangerous thing a person can do in public.......... If you're going to ride, you accept the fact that you're doing a dangerous thing. Trying to mitigate it with a piece of plastic on your head is moronic and delusional. If you want to be safe -- DON'T RIDE A MOTORCYCLE.....

It's like shooting up heroin - and saying "Hey -- I'm safe -- I'm using a clean needle!!!"...... Sorry bud -- it's still dangerous as fuck.....

What it comes down to -- is "If it's safe enough for Brian - it's safe enough for everyone -- and if you don't agree -- you're a fuckwit twat".....

Same goes with the gun thing....

If you don't agree with him, you're a moron........

Ask him how he'd solve the problem of gun violence... He says "Quit allowing the manufacturers to flood the market" --- but SOMEHOW -- he's never been able to tell us (after being repeatedly asked) how to do that......

The funniest part --- he's not satisfied to just yell and scream here....

Google him -- he's on other sites - doing the same shtick....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
02-07-2016, 01:50 PM
(02-07-2016 01:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 01:14 PM)KUSA Wrote:  It is an act of kindness. If someone doesn't want to live then the kind thing to do to themselves is to pop that brain out of the skull.

I would do it in the woods so it wouldn't mess the house up. Before they found me the bugs would have eaten the little bits up.
02-07-2016, 01:58 PM
(02-07-2016 01:50 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 01:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The kind thing to do is assist with a nitrogen bag. Time to painless unconsciousness with no choking response <30 seconds, time to death <5 minutes, time to cleanup <5 minutes, and it is virtually undetectable in an autopsy. Leaving a mess for someone else to cleanup is not kindness.

I would do it in the woods so it wouldn't mess the house up. Before they found me the bugs would have eaten the little bits up.
You could volunteer for one of the decomposition studies. They'd put your corpse in a trash bag and bury it, or in a refrigerator above ground, or in a drain pipe, or just on the ground. Fascinating work going on in that field.
02-07-2016, 02:01 PM
(02-07-2016 01:50 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 01:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The kind thing to do is assist with a nitrogen bag. Time to painless unconsciousness with no choking response <30 seconds, time to death <5 minutes, time to cleanup <5 minutes, and it is virtually undetectable in an autopsy. Leaving a mess for someone else to cleanup is not kindness.

I think the problem with that is that if they couldn't find your body it's gonna delay life insurance payments to your family.

#sigh
02-07-2016, 05:02 PM
(02-07-2016 08:50 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 08:42 AM)Armageddon it Wrote:  You see things in black and white, don't you?

Not boo hoo, The rest of us don't give a shit it you act a fool. Go ahead, by all means. Just know that you look like an idiot, and it detracts from your position. Many on this site would agree with your position, and more still will agree with portions of it. But if you think being a Class A Asshole does any good, keep going. It only serves to help the gun-toting idiots like myself. Smile

No asshole. Black and white would be "ban all guns", now you show me anywhere in anyone of my posts where I ever called for that. You wont find it EVER!

Here's something else I won't find in any of your posts (at least I've never been able to so far): some concrete suggestions as to what we should do about "gun violence". You rant and rave and wave your arms and scream "We gotta do something!" -- but you never get specific. And until you do, you're just pissin' in the wind. Onlinebiker has made this point several times. I can't say he's made it politely, but he has made it, and it's a valid point. "Do something!" isn't very helpful. What is it that you think we should do? Be as specific as possible. Thanks.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post