NSA incapable of pulling an NSA?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2013, 12:21 PM
NSA incapable of pulling an NSA?!
http://www.propublica.org/article/nsa-sa...own-emails

Apparently the NSA can't search it's own employees emails because they 'don't have the technology.'

...These are the people that are supposed to intruding on our freedoms left and right to catch the slightest hint of electronic terrorist activity and they can't work a mail server?!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2013, 12:23 PM
RE: NSA incapable of pulling an NSA?!
It was probably designed that way. They don't anyone to be able to access their email servers all at once. Maybe?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
25-07-2013, 12:30 PM
(25-07-2013 12:23 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It was probably designed that way. They don't anyone to be able to access their email servers all at once. Maybe?

Honestly I think it's probably just MS exchange server sucking ass, the bane of every IT guy to ever live and breath....Or it's just an excuse because they fear what is in those emails/they don't want to spend the time complying.

...but even if their IT dept is inept and understaffed they are the ****ing NSA they are supposed to be staffed wall to wall with the best programmers in the US. They can read my email but not their staff email?

25-07-2013, 12:34 PM
What I mean to say is that they don't want to be able to and never did. Internal security?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
25-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Without having spent so much as single second looking into actual details, I'd say it's perfectly plausible that they implemented security measures for themselves that they're unable to break.

Someone check for me; is that what happened?

... this is my signature!
25-07-2013, 01:22 PM
(25-07-2013 01:11 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Without having spent so much as single second looking into actual details, I'd say it's perfectly plausible that they implemented security measures for themselves that they're unable to break.

Someone check for me; is that what happened?

Their system is set up so that mass-scale email hacking cannot take place. Each one must be hacked individually, and that is over 30,000 accounts. The higher-level Air Force intelligence wings do the same thing, so my father tells me. Drinking Beverage

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
25-07-2013, 01:28 PM
(25-07-2013 01:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Their system is set up so that mass-scale email hacking cannot take place. Each one must be hacked individually, and that is over 30,000 accounts. The higher-level Air Force intelligence wings do the same thing, so my father tells me. Drinking Beverage

So - no surprise, then.

25-07-2013, 01:29 PM
(25-07-2013 01:28 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(25-07-2013 01:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Their system is set up so that mass-scale email hacking cannot take place. Each one must be hacked individually, and that is over 30,000 accounts. The higher-level Air Force intelligence wings do the same thing, so my father tells me. Drinking Beverage

So - no surprise, then.

There is an admin somewhere with the ability to circumvent this. There must be.

25-07-2013, 01:45 PM
(25-07-2013 01:29 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  There is an admin somewhere with the ability to circumvent this. There must be.

Not really. Encryption methods can be essentially foolproof. And if anyone's supposed to know about that kind of thing, it's the likes of the NSA.

25-07-2013, 01:48 PM
(25-07-2013 01:45 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(25-07-2013 01:29 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  There is an admin somewhere with the ability to circumvent this. There must be.

Not really. Encryption methods can be essentially foolproof. And if anyone's supposed to know about that kind of thing, it's the likes of the NSA.

I'm not talking about hacking the emails. Emails live on a server, someone is the admin of that server and therefor has access to every email on the server.