NY Daily News' epic DJT takedown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2016, 03:41 PM
RE: NY Daily News' epic DJT takedown
(23-10-2016 02:40 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 11:55 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  No, I just find it annoying when people get on a soapbaox ... especially when they're not armed with more facts.

As for precious about my country's image, I'd suggest you reread the opening two lines of my reply you quoted, this time for comprehension.
Perhaps you ought to re-read my post that you got all pissy about. This time concentrate on your own comprehension.

FFS what a dick!

Yeah, I did. I also read where you'd said you've never been here. Forgive me if I find the juxtaposition revealing.

As for me being a dick to you -- I make change in the coin tendered. Now go play in the traffic, child.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2016, 03:43 PM
(23-10-2016 03:41 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 02:40 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Perhaps you ought to re-read my post that you got all pissy about. This time concentrate on your own comprehension.

FFS what a dick!

Yeah, I did. I also read where you'd said you've never been here. Forgive me if I find the juxtaposition revealing.
So, in your opinion, do you think a person has to have been to America in order to be justified in asking a question about it?
23-10-2016, 03:44 PM
(23-10-2016 03:33 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I mean , Thumpalumpacus, with regards to your response to my original post.

(22-10-2016 02:01 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  "Being a beacon" is not the mission of any nation-state. I don't carewhat any foreigner thinks of America. I care what America thinks of, and does in the name of, itself.

We're not a beacon, and we should not be one. Why should you look to America for anything?
I don't look to America for anything other than head scratching laughs.

My post was with regards to a comment in the article that a link was provided to, within the original post of this thread.
Quote:gotten so close to leading the globe’s beacon of democracy
It struck me as an odd thing for someone to say, so it prompted me to ask the question, whether Americans consider USA to be a beacon of democracy.

(22-10-2016 02:01 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You live in a democracy yourself; vote as you wish and work on your own corner of the world (not to say you haven't).

You don't live here; you don't have to deal with it. What, exactly, are you upset about?
What on earth gave you the idea that I was upset about anything?

(22-10-2016 02:01 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  That we're more religious than most first-world nations? Well, that ain't your horse; why are you saddling up?
What? Don't know what you are talking about.

(22-10-2016 02:01 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  That we own guns in large numbers? Last I checked, bullets don't range 7,000 miles. If that's your issue, I'd tell you to move far away ... but you already live far away.
I mean, it really seems strange to me that you take such offense to me stating that USA is a beacon for religious nut jobs and people that like guns. It's just facts right? Why get troubled because I point out some facts? Why then come back and get focused on me, Saying that "I'm saddling up".

It's like you have such a thin skin, thin skin for any criticism of your country.
Ray Comfort a religious nut job from NZ, goes to USA because USA is a beacon for his nuttiness. Same for Australia's Ken Ham.

I didn't even say anything derogatory regarding guns or gun owners, I just stated that people who like guns and like to carry would find USA to be a beacon. You can't walk around in NZ carrying loaded weapons in public, you can't walk around with pistols or AR-15's so those people would likely hate NZ, USA is where they would get the freedom to do what they want with guns.

(22-10-2016 02:01 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  What's the real purpose of this post of yours? It doesn't inform, it doesn't enlighten.
And the purpose of my post was extremely clear. I was wanting to know if other Americans thought that USA was a beacon for democracy. It was clearly a question rather than with intent to inform or enlighten others.

Being on my phone, I'll reply to this length post when I get home and on my laptop.

Be advised, I highly doubt you'll like my answer.
23-10-2016, 03:54 PM
(23-10-2016 03:44 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Being on my phone, I'll reply to this length post when I get home and on my laptop.

Be advised, I highly doubt you'll like my answer.
I generally don't like nor see value or relevance to the vast majority of your posts.