NYC Man Spends Retirement Savings on May 21, 2011 Rapture Ads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2011, 11:53 AM

Shocked NYC Man Spends Retirement Savings on May 21, 2011 Rapture Ads
This is the kind of guy that kills himself on May 22nd, because he's left behind and broke in his golden years. Confused

[Image: doom.jpg?1305245217]

NYC Man Spends Retirement Savings on May 21, 2011 Rapture Ads
News by Mark Berman
Society / Headlines

A 60-year-old New York City man is so sure the world will end on May 21, he has spent his retirement savings to warn people about it.

According to a report from the New York Daily News, Robert Fitzpatrick spent $140,000 for an ad campaign for signs on subway cars and bus shelters around the city reading "Global Earthquake! The Greatest Ever - Judgment Day: May 21."
(Full Article)

*Here's a thought. So as to save board room, how about a Christian Lift Off temporary forum, where all things related to end times, judgment day, the rapture, can be posted in one fell swoop. (Swoop! Get it? Tongue )
Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2011, 12:42 PM
RE: NYC Man Spends Retirement Savings on May 21, 2011 Rapture Ads
I'm sure sometime after May 22nd I'll be on my way to work and I'll see this asshat outside somewhere begging for change. He's not getting any, though, as I think he's just going to spend it on booze and bibles.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
13-05-2011, 01:26 PM
(13-05-2011 12:42 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'm sure sometime after May 22nd I'll be on my way to work and I'll see this asshat outside somewhere begging for change. He's not getting any, though, as I think he's just going to spend it on booze and bibles.

Booze&Bibles, I like that one. Big Grin

I think he'll end up like this:

[Image: beggar.jpg]

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
13-05-2011, 02:30 PM
I went to the Yankee game Tuesday night and in front of the bars outside the stadium was a homeless guy with a sign that said something like "Who are we kidding? I really just need the money for beer". I appreciated the rare honesty and threw him a buck.

13-05-2011, 02:42 PM

(13-05-2011 11:53 AM)GassyKitten Wrote:  [Image: doom.jpg?1305245217]

Darwin award nominee? Dodgy
13-05-2011, 02:47 PM
(13-05-2011 02:42 PM)Celestus87 Wrote:  Darwin award nominee? Dodgy

"Charles Darwin commemorates those who assist natural selection by removing themselves from the gene pool... Darwin Awards are given to honor those who do their best to ensure that the next generation is smarter--by one. These heroes sacrifice their very lives to give our children a better future... "

As long as he lives or stays fertile, he doesn't qualify.

But he might become a presidential candidate for the republicans? Big Grin

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
13-05-2011, 03:18 PM

(13-05-2011 02:47 PM)Thammuz Wrote:  As long as he lives or stays fertile, he doesn't qualify.

But he might become a presidential candidate for the republicans? Big Grin

Hmmm, my magic orb predicts an imminent suicide in the near future for him for 'unspecified' reasons. I need to get this thing fixed. It's full of static. -_-
13-05-2011, 04:26 PM
I'd laugh if I wasn't so compassionate for the (soon) poor deluded man... Sad
(well okay, gullibility IS kinda stupid Smile)

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
13-05-2011, 06:34 PM
I wonder if Harold Camping is going to take care of him and all the other morons who gave away their life savings in anticipation of .... nothing.

13-05-2011, 07:24 PM

(13-05-2011 01:26 PM)Thammuz Wrote:  [Image: beggar.jpg]

I have to say I'd have given a buck to the guy with the honest sign BnW mentioned, in front of the bar. And to the guy in this picture, if that were a real sign. It's just too damn funny not to reward in some small way. Tongue

Right before I left Tampa Florida, my Dad came to visit. There was a man who use to stand at the on ramp to Route 275. On this ragged cardboard sign he'd scrawled in black marker; WILL WORK FOR FOOD.
Where I and Dad were from, we never see homeless people. No signs begging, nothing of the sort. So Dad, being new to my area where I'd grown quite use to the scene, even being approached by idiots when I'd venture downtown to the public library who'd ask if I had some change for gas, as they'd just run out. No gas can in their hand mind you, just an open palm begging. As if they're going to go to a gas station 5 miles away and carry a handful to their broke down car.

In any case, Dad saw this guy at the ramp and gave him $5.00, feeling sorry for him thinking he was indeed hungry and homeless. Two weeks later, after I'd moved back home, as Dad was there to help us with the moving van and the car's relocation north, the local investigative news team did an expose on that homeless guy at the 275 on ramp, and his sign.
They had hidden camera's and they filmed him all day, from the time he walked to his spot until just before sunset. When he folded up his sign, they followed with hidden camera well behind in a car, because where he was was residential and the speed limit was only 25, so he didn't get at all suspicious about a slow moving car behind him.
He walked up the street from his ramp spot, made a left and went down a side road lined with lovely little cottage type houses, pulled out a set of keys and threw his sign into the back of a brand new top of the line Mercedes!
The investigative news team car drove past as he was walking to get into the drivers side, and the dealer price sheet could be seen in the passenger back window of this cherry 4 door.

Amazing!
Turns out, they interviewed this guy and that begging bit, was just one spot he tapped to make his living. In other words, will work for food bought him the Benz.

With our luck, on May 22nd we'll be the one's surprised. And that guy, if he's still around in Tampa, will probably be one of the first to lift off. In which case, I hope he's ventured north to my neck of the woods. Because come the rapture all the damned people will have our choice of the best cars!
I want his. First thing I'm going to do is open trunk and burn that damn sign. Tongue