NYC Man Spends Retirement Savings on May 21, 2011 Rapture Ads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2011, 10:08 AM

RE: NYC Man Spends Retirement Savings on May 21, 2011 Rapture Ads
This guy is an idiot, and I just found out last night that my fiance is one of those christians who thinks the world is only like 5000 years old or something what am I supposed to do.Huh
Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2011, 10:45 AM

(16-05-2011 10:08 AM)mgessel Wrote:  This guy is an idiot, and I just found out last night that my fiance is one of those christians who thinks the world is only like 5000 years old or something what am I supposed to do.Huh

Let me get this straight.
You asked a woman to spend the rest of your life together, which could last decades till the day you die, and you just found out after putting the ring on her finger, that she's a young earth Christian?

Well, ask yourself, can you imagine having kids with her? And if so, posit the question as to how you'd both go about raising them, given her faith, if/when you do/did have kids together.

Thing is, if you think that guy in the OP is an idiot, he is so because he believes as absolute truth the same thing your fiance does.
Sorta makes trips to the Natural History Museum, and the Dinosaur collection especially, just a tad bit interesting, no?

Considering young earth Christians will often say Dinosaur bones were buried in the earth by Satan, so as to confuse Christians and lead them from the truth of god.
Before you say, "I do!" You'd better start asking some questions as to what she does, believe in.
And then ask yourself, can you live with that till the day you die?
Because, as one who's married I can tell you, it's easier to get into a marriage than it is to get out. Especially, if you're marrying a Fundamentalist Christian. Who's faith system decree's, whether she agrees or not you gotta ask, that it is indeed for life! No divorce!
16-05-2011, 11:55 AM

(16-05-2011 10:45 AM)GassyKitten Wrote:  
(16-05-2011 10:08 AM)mgessel Wrote:  This guy is an idiot, and I just found out last night that my fiance is one of those christians who thinks the world is only like 5000 years old or something what am I supposed to do.Huh

Let me get this straight.
You asked a woman to spend the rest of your life together, which could last decades till the day you die, and you just found out after putting the ring on her finger, that she's a young earth Christian?

Well, ask yourself, can you imagine having kids with her? And if so, posit the question as to how you'd both go about raising them, given her faith, if/when you do/did have kids together.

Thing is, if you think that guy in the OP is an idiot, he is so because he believes as absolute truth the same thing your fiance does.
Sorta makes trips to the Natural History Museum, and the Dinosaur collection especially, just a tad bit interesting, no?

Considering young earth Christians will often say Dinosaur bones were buried in the earth by Satan, so as to confuse Christians and lead them from the truth of god.
Before you say, "I do!" You'd better start asking some questions as to what she does, believe in.
And then ask yourself, can you live with that till the day you die?
Because, as one who's married I can tell you, it's easier to get into a marriage than it is to get out. Especially, if you're marrying a Fundamentalist Christian. Who's faith system decree's, whether she agrees or not you gotta ask, that it is indeed for life! No divorce!

well ive already told her that we arent going to have kids, and she got into a relationship with me knowing that I am a christian basher, i love to make them mad so i dont know
16-05-2011, 01:16 PM

Well, take your time.
Believe it or not, after you get married attitudes change. It's like before the ring a potential spouse seems cool with just about anything. After the ceremony however, often times it can mean that ring on the finger is through the nose. Things change, because it's permanent now. Things that could be passed off as tolerable, when one or the other could leave easily enough if it wasn't , aren't at all because it's not so easy to leave after the "I do". Paperwork, division of property. If there are kids, custody issues. Nightmare, basically.

If I had it to do all over again, knowing now what I do, I'd never get married. Ever!
It's not realistic. Think of one food you love more than any other, if you want perspective through analogy. Now, imagine that beloved food is the only one you'll ever be able to eat or shop for, forever.

Yeah, like that. [Image: 16.gif]