NYC Marthon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2012, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2012 10:29 AM by TrainWreck.)
NYC Marthon
The New York City Marathon is an international, media coverage event, that Mayor Bloomberg quoted as generating 340 million dollars, including over-time pay for police officers for various jobs other than immediate presence during the event. The police have been in good spirits, thus far, and I am sure they are better informed about the length of the recovery situation. I have toured areas that have heavy police presence, and they are not stressing this at all, they recognize their responsibilities, their limits, and they balance it in their control of their compensation for over-time.

The Marathon was canceled, because of some whiners on Staten Island who would not evacuate when they were told to evacuate.

There appears that the closing of the highway through Staten Island for the Marathon would be a benifit to the relief efforts of the area by running trucks and equipment only durring the "closed time frame," but because the highway will not be closed it probably gets clogged-up with dopey individuals who want to go disaster sight-seeing.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2012, 03:57 AM
RE: NYC Marthon
I don't give a shit how many people come from where to be in or see the marathon. There are people without power and the generators set aside for the marathon can be better used elsewhere. There are restrictions on vehicles on the bridges in and out of the city. After 6am you must have at least 3 people in the car. You expected the city to add a few thousand more people, probably all driving themselves into the city and be able to handle the extras? There is a fuel shortage. My home was not impacted that bad directly by the storm. There are huge lines for gas and people keep using up the fuel faster than the trucks can bring it. What a waste if they did allow the marathon to happen. They can always do it on another date after this shit gets cleaned up. I do agree with you about the highway getting clogged up. There are a lot of gassholes out there that are just out and about because they feel like it. I wish we could put an end to useless driving, although I know we can't. Holding that marathon though, would have been a huge mistake.
05-11-2012, 08:22 PM
A little late on this but running the Marathon was a bad idea. The cops and EMTs have been working around the clock and were exhausted. NJ does not have nearly enough clean drinking water and they were going to waste millions of gallons on this event. The hotels were telling displaced people and people there working on the recovery that they had to check out of their hotels because marathon runners had booked the rooms. The resources, like the generators, could be better used elsewhere. Mass transit is still mess up and closing down major arteries, like the top of the Verazano Bridge, was not going to make things better. Etc., etc., etc. I think Bloomberg had good intentions but this was a bad idea and he ultimately made the right decision.

Finally, I find it incredibly ironic that the guy who choose to be homeless because he is above working with the rest of us masses of humanity and complains about his government provided living conditions has the balls to complain about other peoples' choices.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
06-11-2012, 01:28 PM
(05-11-2012 08:22 PM)BnW Wrote:  Finally, I find it incredibly ironic that the guy who choose to be homeless because he is above working with the rest of us masses of humanity and complains about his government provided living conditions has the balls to complain about other peoples' choices.
Yeah, maybe you are right, but how are you going to fix the ironic situation?

I'm trying to explain to you how everything is all fucked up, because of the erroneousness of knowledge classification and state constitutions, but for some reason, all you independent and critically thinking geniuses believe the problem can only be solved by the theists ceasing their belief in god.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
[+] 1 user Likes TrainWreck's post