Naked Truth.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Naked Truth.
Didn't know where exactly to put this. I apologize.

So today I was scanning my tumblr dashboard, and someone had reblogged a vaguely detailed naked girl. Her arms were in the gesture as if she were asking "why?" I'm not weird, so it's not like I stopped to enlarge the picture and gawk at it, obviously. I stopped on the post because of how many reblogs it had due to what the girl, who had originally posted the picture, had said about it.

Her words exactly:

"This is my naked body.
I don’t feel the need to sexualise it in order to feel comfortable with it.
Why do you?
Every day I receive questions in my inbox asking me to do sexual things.
Look at the photo above. This isn’t sex. This isn’t sexual. This is a naked body. We’re born this way. We bathe ourselves this way.
Why are so many of us so uncomfortable with seeing somebody naked in a non-sexual context that we feel the need to apply one to it?
It’s just a naked body.
Feel free to reblog and/or spread the message however you can. Let’s reclaim nudity."

I found this an interesting topic, because with everything and the media this day in time, a naked body is literally the standstill objective for everything that induces anything sex related. I'm not saying we should all strike for pulling Adam and Eves and walking out of our houses naked like it's something to be proud about. But in reality, people don't have to be completely perverted about when someone, like the girl I mentioned above, is setting a bold example. We were born naked. Bloody. And vulnerable.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
11-01-2012, 08:53 PM
RE: Naked Truth.
Ferdy's back. Yay! Smile

I'll go out on a limb here and make a stereotypical statement:

Males are wired differently than females. She may not feel sexy or sexual, but for a man, the visual sight of a naked body is extremely stimulating in a sexual way. That doesn't have anything to do with media or society, it has to do with evolution and natural selection. We see a naked body, we want to do something with it. Dodgy

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
11-01-2012, 08:59 PM
(11-01-2012 08:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Ferdy's back. Yay! Smile

Males are wired differently than females. She may not feel sexy or sexual, but for a man, the visual sight of a naked body is extremely stimulating in a sexual way. That doesn't have anything to do with media or society, it has to do with evolution and natural selection. We see a naked body, we want to do something with it. Dodgy

Yep! :'D

I understand that. Quite commonly is that used in this matter. But when you say wired, you lack to further realize that even wires can be conducted differently, so that something or someone can work or think to do differently.

Therefore, men are robots.
11-01-2012, 09:01 PM
(11-01-2012 08:59 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  

I understand that. Quite commonly is that used in this matter. But when you say wired, you lack to further realize that even wires can be conducted differently, so that something or someone can work or think to do differently.

When it comes to sex, yes.
Push button to turn on. Undecided

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
11-01-2012, 09:03 PM
(11-01-2012 09:01 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  When it comes to sex, yes.
Push button to turn on. :/

Men have BUTTONS?

....weird.

gross. :I
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
11-01-2012, 09:05 PM
(11-01-2012 09:03 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(11-01-2012 09:01 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  When it comes to sex, yes.
Push button to turn on. :/

Men have BUTTONS?

....weird.

gross. :I

Keep that attitude that men are gross for a few more years at least, ok? Wink

~Izel
11-01-2012, 09:38 PM

There's definitely some truth to that, but you also have to consider the way our cultural views on this kind of thing have changed. In Victorian times, people may have spoken similarly about ankles or arms.

My guess would be that culture and genetics are both important factors in the way we perceive nakedness.
[+] 2 users Like Ben's post
11-01-2012, 10:56 PM
(11-01-2012 08:59 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  

No, we don't have a choice as to how we perceive this.
We have a choice of what we do.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Culturally we've programmed ourselves so that get naked implies sexy time. You can reprogram culture but it takes time.

e.g. first time I took a swim with my gf... oh boy Blush
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-01-2012, 11:18 PM
(11-01-2012 11:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  Culturally we've programmed ourselves so that get naked implies sexy time. You can reprogram culture but it takes time.

e.g. first time I took a swim with my gf... oh boy Blush

Only partly cultural - there is a wide variety of eroticism in any culture.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post