Name Dropping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Name Dropping
"The Devout" think that it's impressive to tell people "they know God"....

Whatever.... I'm not impressed with invisible friends....

So -- you have you met that we'd know? (invisible buddies need not apply).

In 84 or 85, Sondra Locke was filming a piece of crap called "Ratboy"... They did a couple of scenes in Pt. Reyes Station - where I lived at the time. I wandered downtown, to check out the action. I ended up across the street, standing watching with one other guy - when I realized it was Clint Eastwood. (married to Locke at the time). I said Hi, and asked if he was in her film.... He said no - just watching her work. I laughed and asked if that wasn't like going into the office on his day off..... He gave me a dirty look and asked if I was TRYING to get him in trouble.... I felt about 2 inches high, till he paused, then started laughing... I'd been had.......

He's got a sense of humor....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2015, 10:25 AM
RE: Name Dropping
In elementary school, I played baseball against Shane Rawley, and then was in gym class with him in high school. He ended up pitching in the major leagues (he won 17 games one year for the Phillies).

In high school, I had a summer job as a caddy at the country club, and once caddied for Don Hutson (one of the greatest pro football players of the 1930s/1940s).

I have had a CD autographed by Hilary Hahn (classical violinist), and have bought CDs directly from jazz musicians Roscoe Mitchell and Ellery Eskelin.

And I have played 4 chess games (winning 3 of them) against Awonder Liang, who at the tender age of 11 is the youngest chess master in US history, and is a two-time world champion in his age group. Most of you probably have never heard of him, but you will someday if he keeps progressing.
03-03-2015, 10:42 AM
(03-03-2015 09:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  "The Devout" think that it's impressive to tell people "they know God"....

Whatever.... I'm not impressed with invisible friends....

So -- you have you met that we'd know? (invisible buddies need not apply).

In 84 or 85, Sondra Locke was filming a piece of crap called "Ratboy"... They did a couple of scenes in Pt. Reyes Station - where I lived at the time. I wandered downtown, to check out the action. I ended up across the street, standing watching with one other guy - when I realized it was Clint Eastwood. (married to Locke at the time). I said Hi, and asked if he was in her film.... He said no - just watching her work. I laughed and asked if that wasn't like going into the office on his day off..... He gave me a dirty look and asked if I was TRYING to get him in trouble.... I felt about 2 inches high, till he paused, then started laughing... I'd been had.......

He's got a sense of humor....

When he was mayor of Carmel-by-the-Sea, he used to frequent a pub. I happened to be in there at the time. He ordered a crap beer with ice in the glass.

I don't think he and Locke were ever "married" tho.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-03-2015, 11:06 AM
My godfather (yes, I have one), the man who showed me how to use chopsticks properly and introduced me to the D'Oyly Carte Opera Company's Gilbert and Sullivan's Savoy operas and set me my first vindaloo challenge is the President of England

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
03-03-2015, 11:23 AM
I bumped into Lauren Hutton leaving a deli in Greenwich Village once. I said "Oops, sorry." She said, "No problem." Once we got outside my Aunt asked if I knew who that was. I said, "No should I?" My Aunt said "That's Lauren Hutton." I said "Okay." Still got no clue as to who she is.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
03-03-2015, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 01:11 PM by Bows and Arrows.)
I dinner with about 4 other people with Larry Linville (actor who played Frank Burns in MASH). Sat across the table from him chatting and laughing all night long.

Jordan Gross (NFL Carolina Panther) and a couple others I would bump into often, our kids went to the same school.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
03-03-2015, 12:51 PM
Oh, I used to see Neil Young all the time when we lived in California. He used to perform at the San Gregorio General store. I'm not kidding when I saw the place held around 20 people tops.

He would just come in and play whatever he felt like.

I heard one time he showed up with Bob Dylan (dunno if that's true).

Husband saw Julia Roberts when they were filming Oceans 11 at the Belagio Hotel. I was looking for my George Clooney, but never found him.

She was walking in front of him and suddenly stopped and he walked into her. She laughed and apologized.

It wasn't until later when he saw the camera man and they were setting up a scene he realized it and put two and two Togerher.

Honestly husband has met more people than I have.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-03-2015, 01:24 PM
Watched Les Paul play a gig and got to meet him after. That was pretty cool.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
03-03-2015, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 02:05 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I almost ran over Lauren Bacall as she ran (jaywalked) across Santa Monica Boulevard near the Riviera Country Club, on Burton Way in Beverly Hills once, against the light. I almost smacked into Buddy Hacket when he was driving a classic car in Beverly Hills the first time I ever drove there, as he ran a stop sign. Facepalm
(Can you imagine : "Umm, hi dad. I smashed into Buddy Hacket's car."

Fuckin' celebs.
Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-03-2015, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 01:54 PM by Full Circle.)
Once in Tampa I opened the door to a restaurant where just coming out was a 70ish woman with a huge coiffed head of white hair. I held the door open and just behind her was her husband George Steinbrenner, owner of the Yankees. I stood there and stupidly said, "You're George Steinbrenner". He looks at me and says, "Yes I am and thank you for holding the door for my wife." Duh.

I was at a party where a then unknown Melanie Griffith attended, she was quite the bitch to me that day. As she was leaving I said it was nice to have met and she said something to the effect, "We didn't meet, you don't know me."

Back when my brother and I were bodybuilding we got an autograph from Franco Colombo, Mr. Universe.

Met Gene Hackman outside a boat supply shop here in the Keys, he has a place down here and so does Jimmy Johnson who I see jogging now and then (ex head coach of the Dallas Cowboys and the U of M).

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post