Nancy Reagan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2016, 08:12 PM
Nancy Reagan
Sorry to say this but I couldn't stand that woman. After the assassination attempt on Ronnie she was approached by a woman who was an astrologer who claimed she could have averted his near death if she had followed astrology advice. Thereafter Nancy actively tried to manipulate his schedule around astrology. Facepalm

And then I got real tired of her fawning and gazing over every fuckin breath he took. Jesus christ, woman. Just say no!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-03-2016, 08:16 PM
RE: Nancy Reagan
She was stunningly out of touch.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
06-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Think she might have been behind this bit:

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
06-03-2016, 08:37 PM
(06-03-2016 08:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  She was stunningly out of touch.

So true. She lived in some sort of romantic fog all the time. Her, Just Say No to drugs was so out of touch with reality it was laughable.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-03-2016, 08:40 PM
I don't know anything about her. She was before my time.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
06-03-2016, 08:50 PM
Well she did have contact with extraterrestrials

[Image: 46693051.cached.jpg]

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
06-03-2016, 09:34 PM
She lived a long life and obviously loved her Husband. Her "just say no" was typical for the time.

I was never really fussed about her. There were other First Ladies I found far more annoying.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-03-2016, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2016 11:45 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-03-2016 08:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Think she might have been behind this bit:

I never thought about that. It does sound like her. Consider
He was really seriously in decline there in the second term, I have read. So I think she was terrified that people would find out. I think the assassination attempt damaged his brain, (oxygen deprivation). I've seen videos of her always next to him, telling him, "elbowing him" what to say at the end of term two.

I heard she had quite the feud with Mrs. Gorbachev. I wish I had been here to see that. Mrs. G. was a PhD something, and Nancy was a Hollywood bimbo. Mrs. G let her know how little she thought of her, I've heard. They detested each other.

I didn't mind her. I think if I had known her personally, we would have gotten along.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-03-2016, 11:45 PM
(06-03-2016 08:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  She was stunningly out to lunch.

Fixed.

Tongue

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-03-2016, 05:33 AM
(06-03-2016 08:12 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Sorry to say this but I couldn't stand that woman. After the assassination attempt on Ronnie she was approached by a woman who was an astrologer who claimed she could have averted his near death if she had followed astrology advice. Thereafter Nancy actively tried to manipulate his schedule around astrology. Facepalm

And then I got real tired of her fawning and gazing over every fuckin breath he took. Jesus christ, woman. Just say no!

Absolutely agree. I was listening to an interview with Colin Powell on NPR and reading between the lines she was both quite the bitch to White House staff--inexcusable, IMO, to be nasty to people who will lose their jobs if they protest how you treat them. She was nasty in general to just about everybody, allowing Ronnie to be "the nice one." Evidently he was so childish and dependent that if she left the White House for a couple of days for a shopping trip, she had to be retrieved because Reagan would deteriorate so much.